Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Guest seanfox778

I have a bad feeling he's going to hang up his boots

I would be able to accept that in a way, knowing he finished his career with us would be great. I'd be distraught if another Premier League team tempts him for a year.

Aside from possibility of joining another club whether it be PL or MLS where he's surely potentially a great catch....

I wonder if going out on a PL high Vs potentially struggling-on as his legs fade more is in his thoughts

Where is Col????

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Im not at all surprised at how I percieve this thread has progressed.
It essentially kicked off with surprise and delight at our being linked with Cambiasso. Images were created of posters 'spaffing' at the prospect  lol
Then, in usual Babylon fashion, glibness pervaded and of course, the playground mentality prevailed, everyone jumped on the bandwagon and any discussion gets lost amongst all the piss-taking. 
Col, once more, becomes a QPR fan...  :yawn:
In summary.. absolutely my feelings towards us signing Cambiasso are very mixed. Im never sure of signing older, overseas players who are edging towards the end of their careers. A player like Ronaldhino, NOW, I would not touch with a barge-pole. To do so would be to remind me of the Sven days and the complete fookin cock-up that was made then.
Given the choice of Isla, for example, or Cambiasso.. I'd take the former in a heart beat. He's younger, fitter and with a point to prove. Cambiasso has done it all and has nothing to prove. I imagine him joining us would be a pay day, nothing more. 
Its my own fault. I saw it before re. the news that we were getting Sven and then Beckford. For some reason, the majority on here will quickly dismiss ANY suggestion of questioning. It seems almost 'disloyal' perhaps to not jump on the bandwagon of positivity.
But, I'll do two things: I'll stand by my not immediately claiming that signing Cambiasso would be fantastic AND I'll be the first to claim that I was wrong if we sign him and he turns out to be our key signing of the summer.
Personally, given all things considered, Id be happier to be linked with a player like Lee Cattermole. Hows that for fence sitting?

Hahaha. How has he got so much stick over cattermole when he also said he'd take Isla over cambiasso in a heartbeat and wouldn't touch Ronaldinho with a barge pole? I'd touch Ronaldinho with my barge pole the beautiful cvnt.

Firstly I need to admit I watched it on the Internet tonight (been a few away this season but couldn't make this one).

Just want to say what a class player Cambiasso clearly is.

He has played at the highest level.

He is now in a dog fight with a team at the bottom of the league, but he continues to show fight, 100% effort, takes a lead role in organising the team and shows pure class.

I think no matter how this season ends, I am really pleased to have seen a player of such class in a City shirt.

I never would want to say we are down until we are mathematically down, but it is so hard to see performances like that and not think that the football gods aren't against us.

Back in Feb when I started this thread I hoped we could survive and it was watching the class of Cambiasso that gave me that hope.

Then add in the stability that Huth gave the defence and we ended up with the Great Escape.

Despite FIF and Col City deriding the people that appreciated Cambiasso, I never claimed its all down to him. But I feel he has helped players like James, Schlupp, Albrighton, Vardy and Ulloa to improve as the season has gone on.

Huth has without doubt stabilised the defence, Morgan was struggling early season, next to Hith he has been solid.

Also I must admit Kasper has come back into the team and had an excellent run of form.

Cambiasso did not save City on his own. No one has ever said that. But he has been absolute class and being an old git, I am pleased I have seen such a player play for City. They don't come round that often.

I think his display against West Ham is one of the best indvidual performances I have seen by a City player

Personally think Song stole the show in the middle of the park that game.

Cambiasso has just consistently shown moments of sheer class all season.

And who have you heard that from...

Some one who was at the player awards on monday night. Also mentioned that the wife beater will be gone in the next 2 weeks and that we have pretty much nailed on a signing from the team we are facing on Sunday...dont shoot the messenger.

Some one who was at the player awards on monday night. Also mentioned that the wife beater will be gone in the next 2 weeks and that we have pretty much nailed on a signing from the team we are facing on Sunday...dont shoot the messenger.

Oh yeah? Sounds likely that they would be shouting all that around at the awards night! Nigels had a few beers, he's telling the waiter all his summer plans!

Personally think Song stole the show in the middle of the park that game.

Cambiasso has just consistently shown moments of sheer class all season.

Watch the goals back, Song was at fault for both and the penno in some certainly. Certainly if you apply the same criteria certain people do to Cambiasso.

Oh yeah? Sounds likely that they would be shouting all that around at the awards night! Nigels had a few beers, he's telling the waiter all his summer plans!

Just relaying what i have been told....lol of course it was not from Pearson.

Talking of Pearson the whole ostrich gate was a sting by the media to entice him to bite on an unknown 'incident' that allegedly happened.

Archived