Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

I got the impression he came here to experience the premier league. He'll either retire from playing on a high or continue here imo. Hoping we can get him for 1 or 2 more years.

He doesn't seem to be bothered about money, he appears to want to play football, and meaningful football. UAE or MLS isn't going to cut the mustard for him. 

I think he is a bit more bothered about money than you would think, just because of his whole humble character who brought so much to Leicester this season and helped all the players with his enormous experience in football doesn't mean he is not a business man. 

He is our top payed player

I don't think he'll move anywhere like MLS or UAE, he won't want to move his family about too much IMO, they spent 10 years in Italy, I'd want at least 3 years in leicester if i had done that.

I don't think he'll move anywhere like MLS or UAE, he won't want to move his family about too much IMO, they spent 10 years in Italy, I'd want at least 3 years in leicester if i had done that.

lol

Think with James missing for probably most the season it's now become vital cambiasso stays, not just for sentimental reasons cos he's the loveliest man I've ever seen play for us, but cos we've got one hell of a task replacing both centre mids without getting a fee to help from either of them.

Hammond's contract is up too, we could have a situation in a few weeks where we effectively lose 3 of our 5 (and our two first choice) centre mids for nothing.

He came, he played and he conquered

For - Regardless of all of the footballing reasons his young son is in a great school and following another year here would be fluent in English, fantastic for any child going forward. Esteban knows more about the game than anyone at LCFC, player coach for a year may sway him.

Against - Has he done what he set out to do? When the worlds your oyster and seeing him taking a family stroll through Leicester center, not the nicest.

Stacked against i think but really hope i'm wrong.

Don't know why (Not privy to any insider knowledge) but I have a sneaky feeling that he could end up at Utd or even relinquish his relationship with Mourinho.

If he went to Utd and managed to play a similar number of game's to this season whether they be league, cup, or CL, then I think he'd massively improve their team with his vision and range of passing.

Alternatively I'm sure Mourinho would be happy to have him around the squad, and given their past experiences of working together along with Chelsea's geographical location (And the draw of living the high life in West London - remember by his own admission he only drinks champagne) I think if they came calling he might find it difficult to turn them down, especially if Chelsea's objective next season is to win the CL.

Don't know why (Not privy to any insider knowledge) but I have a sneaky feeling that he could end up at Utd or even relinquish his relationship with Mourinho.

If he went to Utd and managed to play a similar number of game's to this season whether they be league, cup, or CL, then I think he'd massively improve their team with his vision and range of passing.

Alternatively I'm sure Mourinho would be happy to have him around the squad, and given their past experiences of working together along with Chelsea's geographical location (And the draw of living the high life in West London - remember by his own admission he only drinks champagne) I think if they came calling he might find it difficult to turn them down, especially if Chelsea's objective next season is to win the CL.

I don't think he would go to Chelsea. Himself and Mourinho have done it all. Cambiasso doesn't strike me as a glory seeking type of guy, more of a passionate type. I doubt he would play regularly at Chelsea, who have build a team of predominantly youngsters, they don't bring in players for 1 odd season.

I don't think he would go to Chelsea. Himself and Mourinho have done it all. Cambiasso doesn't strike me as a glory seeking type of guy, more of a passionate type. I doubt he would play regularly at Chelsea, who have build a team of predominantly youngsters, they don't bring in players for 1 odd season.

I take your point, but on the flip side I see Chelsea winning the CL next season as almost as big a challenge as keeping City in the PL. Also, don't see the issue with his age as being a factor. Remember Mourinho consistently plays a similarly aged John Terry who has been their best defender this season by a country mile and also brought back Drogba for 1 season for his last hurrah. Just think it kind of ticks all the boxes; one last shot at the big time, kids continue their education in England, and the wife gets to spend her time in Harrods and Chanel, instead of John Lewis and Next.

I take your point, but on the flip side I see Chelsea winning the CL next season as almost as big a challenge as keeping City in the PL. Also, don't see the issue with his age as being a factor. Remember Mourinho consistently plays a similarly aged John Terry who has been their best defender this season by a country mile and also brought back Drogba for 1 season for his last hurrah. Just think it kind of ticks all the boxes; one last shot at the big time, kids continue their education in England, and the wife gets to spend her time in Harrods and Chanel, instead of John Lewis and Next.

Loftus-Cheek looks to be a revelation alongside Matic. I just can't see it, after all they didn't retain Lampard.

They have a whole network of great young players on loan throughout Europe & can make a world record transfer fee at the drop of a hat!

Chelsea or Man U don't really need a midfielder.

Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal could probably make use of him.

I reckon he will stay though. If he does leave somewhere bigger then we can't complain.

Preliminary talks probably doesn't really add any more to whether he'll stay or not. Chance is that regardless he'll talk to his family and take it from there. Let's just hope Cambiasso jnr. is a Leicester fan :ph34r:

I got the impression he came here to experience the premier league. He'll either retire from playing on a high or continue here imo. Hoping we can get him for 1 or 2 more years.

Yeah, that was my feeling a while ago, but I have more doubts now. Of course he will see what other offers he gets and weigh it up against staying, going or retirement. I don't know how accurate the rumours were, but it seems he turned down Spurs among others to come here, so he isn't a mercenary. I mean £2 million a year isn't a lot for an average PL player nevermind one of the best players in the league! The more I think about it the it makes it even more astonishing why he came here in the first place! I guess most people thought he was passed it and saw him as another Drogba or Rio, but he's shown he can play 90minutes week in week out. I'm sure he will now be receiving some very good offers from some good clubs more so than this time last year, so we will have to wait and see.

Archived