Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

The only issue for me is why would he bother signing a new deal? He came over to play in the premier league and test himself, he done that. Realistically next season won't be able to top this, our aim will be to survive again and once more he's completed that objective this season, he has very little to gain by signing on again.

£1,5-£2 million a year.

The only issue for me is why would he bother signing a new deal? He came over to play in the premier league and test himself, he done that. Realistically next season won't be able to top this, our aim will be to survive again and once more he's completed that objective this season, he has very little to gain by signing on again.

But that's not true. Our goal next season is to move up a level, and it's easy to see how Cambo could want to buy into this, and even into our longer term ambition of champs league, given how he has committed himself so fully to the cause this season. And his own role could develop year on year, through coaching and whatever follows.

I think there's a big chance he actually will sign on for another year. From what I can see, he loves it at the club, he's completed one objective (helping the team stay in the Premier League), but who says he can't and won't want to top that by helping us push on even further?

Coupled with us trying to aim a bit higher in terms of signings and he'll be just as influential as he has been during this campaign so far.

The manager has enormous respect for him, he is adored by his peers, the fans love him... A perfect match.

I do hope he stays for another season.

A hope he stays, but we are clearly going to need another CM as a long term replacement. Especially with James probably missing most of next season. If Hammond goes as well then we're going to need two new CM's.

We used to sing this down Filbo when McLintock was rumoured to be going to Arsenal, not that it made him stay.

A hope he stays, but we are clearly going to need another CM as a long term replacement. Especially with James probably missing most of next season. If Hammond goes as well then we're going to need two new CM's.

Hammond isn't a Prem player, James Mcarthur would have been nice.

"I love basketball and Michael Jordan, I always remember him being asked by a journalist why he always took the last shot and did not miss. He said that he always thought he was going to score. I think we need this mentality. We can do it." -Esteban Cambiasso before West Ham home

When Cuchu said Leicester City needed to be more like Mike, he wasn't just talking about being bald!

I don't think it's coincidence that Leicester's form turned around when Cambiasso really found his voice on and off the pitch.

Crazy statistic about Esteban...covered the most distance out of any player on the pitch on Saturday! This, after featuring in nearly every game since Christmas!! Massive credit to the back-room staff and Esteban himself.

MINS           KM          MILES

Sunderland                             101.4        63

Connor Wickham    90            10.6          6.6

Sebastian Larsson  90            10.5          6.5

Lee Cattermole       90             10.1         6.3

Leicester City                           99.2         61.7

Esteban Cambiasso 90            10.9          6.8

Marc Albrighton        90            10.3          6.4

Andy King                 90            10.2          6.3

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Crazy statistic about Esteban...covered the most distance out of any player on the pitch on Saturday! This, after featuring in nearly every game since Christmas!! Massive credit to the back-room staff and Esteban himself.

MINS           KM          MILES

Sunderland                             101.4        63

Connor Wickham    90            10.6          6.6
Sebastian Larsson  90            10.5          6.5
Lee Cattermole       90             10.1         6.3

Leicester City                           99.2         61.7

Esteban Cambiasso 90            10.9          6.8
Marc Albrighton        90            10.3          6.4
Andy King                 90            10.2          6.3

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Amazing to see him run more than any other player on the pitch. For me the reason he's got those kind of statistics is that he's always on the move, not a lung bursting run from someone like Vardy in short spaces, but literally moving from box to box at the same pace. That's why he never really looks tired in games, yet covers a lot more distance by positioning himself in the right place at the right time.

Leicester City survival among my greatest achievements, says Esteban Cambiasso

By Mercury_Sport  |  Posted: May 18, 2015

By Rob Tanner

10089855-large.jpg

Esteban Cambiasso after the draw at Sunderland

Comments (1)

Esteban Cambiasso said helping Leicester City to Premier League survival ranks among the best achievements of his illustrious career.

The 34-year-old Argentina international has won 23 titles during his career at River Plate, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

But he said pulling off the Great Escape with City feels just as special.

Cambiasso said the experience justified his decision to join City last summer and, while he said now was not the time to discuss his future plans, he said he would give careful thought to whether to stay at the King Power Stadium next season.

"I am really very happy for me and the group," he said.

"We worked hard all season and when people thought we were dead and buried, we produced our best performances.

"This is a great achievement because it is not easy surviving the first season in the Premier League. To do it with a game to go is special as well.

"It is an unbelievable achievement but the league is 38 matches and, sometimes, you have bad matches and other times you play better.

"It is important the mentality of the group is right because when everyone thought we were dead we played better and better.

"I have enjoyed the season. There has been a great atmosphere in every stadium, even better than I imagined before I came here.

"I am very happy this has been a great experience for me.

"I made some big changes, I changed country after 10 years and changed situations because, for all my career, I have been fighting for cups and titles. This was a different situation."

Cambiasso is out of contract this summer but City want to keep him and will discuss a new deal with him after Sunday's final game of the season.

"This is a moment now to relax and after our last game at home I will go on holiday," he said.

"I want to put in a great performance for the supporters and I want them to enjoy this game.

"The fact we have survived with a game to go is good for them.

"Then, after my holidays, I will think about what is next."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-survival-greatest-achievements/story-26524065-detail/story.html#ixzz3aVA4x5js 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

I can see him going, I'd imagine his family would prefer a move somewhere a wee bit more glam.

They've spent alot of money renovating the City center market area you know... They do a nice Latte now...

Oh Esteban   :wub:

They've spent alot of money renovating the City center market area you know... They do a nice Latte now...

And they painted the big blue tower a slightly less shit blue colour... definitely more upmarket now.

And they painted the big blue tower a slightly less shit blue colour... definitely more upmarket now.

That pound shop near the clock tower has some decent pens in it aswell....

Archived