Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Swansea!.. 3 on the bounce!

Suicide to play narrow against a team with width who keep the ball well. Remember palace away? This lot are miles better with the ball and will play around us, moving the ball wide and getting their wingers one on one against our full backs.

I would actually consider bringing back Simpson and Konch for this to try and negate that. 3 at the back against one striker will surely not be the choice. I'd actually match up 4-5-1 with the defensive full backs. Jeff wide left and Riyad or MA wide right. That means no nugent and JV on his own up top. with a positive attitude, that should be good enough as I don't rate emnes without any decent supply and we must make sure they don't get behind us out wide. the extra midfielder taking care of siggurdson who will float between the lines.

We could 'go for it' as we did against west ham. we set up wrong at the Albion. if we're not 'going gung ho' then we must have three in the middle to try and control possession. one up top will do with our style of play. I would caution against a game of 'basketball' against Swansea. They are better with the ball and their defence is better than ours. if we make it a tough game, then I suspect their mindset will be tested to the point where we get on top. They are safe and will likely enjoy an open type game where they can play to their strengths. the idea is that we make it a game they don't enjoy, one which they just don't want to get involved in, mentally.

difficult choices to be made, fine lines! If we do go for it and play open, then I won't diss the manager about it. like i said, it's a close call for me which way you go on this.

After the success against United, our main problem was that we felt we could simply set up to negate the opposition, rather than impose our own game on them.

We've done far better in matches where we set up with ourselves in mind and make the opposition think harder about how to deal with it.

For this match, id go for the same as WBA second half, and attack/counter with pace. Swansea are a very good side, but they no longer have Bony and they've got a fair few suspensions and injuries to important players. They're away, and they've got nothing realistically left to play for.

I'd be disappointed with anything less than 3 points to be perfectly honest. 1 point is satisfactory but we're fully capable of beating these.

People also keep raising the point that they are the only side who have really outplayed us, but that means little. We had a very, very poor game and they were able to capitalise, yes. But if we'd performed like that at any of the top 6 they would have outplayed us in exactly the same way, but they didn't. Heck, take man utd for example. At old Trafford they fully deserved the win and we didn't look great at all. In the reverse fixture however we won convincingly, and we are more than capable of doing the same to Swansea.

I just hope nerves don't creep in now we've got ourselves back in the mix. We have been playing with a sense of freedom recently which has paid off. Yes we've had some luck but we're certainly due some after some of the things that have gone against us this season.

Vardy and Nugent will be pivotal to our chances. We still need to cut out these cheap goals we give away

Neil Taylor suspended for sat and naughton injured so can see us getting plenty of joy down the wings. Play Schlupp and vardy on the left with De Laet and Albrighton/Mahrez on the right and have a go.

Albrighton or Mahrez will be an interesting decision on Saturday imo. On form it should be Albrighton but I have a feeling this could be a good game for Riyad

Swansea don't seem to rate us. Here's my favourite off their forum lol

"They were an absolute shambles at the lib......Even taking their current form into the equation......2-0 to the super Swans they are not fit to lace our top 8 boots...they are in 20th position in the prem and will finish 20th unless shudderland get even worse."

"They were an absolute shambles at the lib......Even taking their current form into the equation......2-0 to the super Swans they are not fit to lace our top 8 boots...they are in 20th position in the prem and will finish 20th unless shudderland get even worse."

We certainly were a shambles at the Lib, one of the worst City performances I've ever seen

Winning 2 games doesn't change how easy we are to carve open, a woeful West Brom side certainly should have buried us really. I can see us needing to score 3 or 4 to win and Swansea are no mugs, 0-2 doesn't seem unreasonable.

However football doesn't work out like that so who know what could happen

Nice! 3 points to the foxes then!

Well to be fair they did witness our worst performance of the season... If I'd witnessed just that I'd think we were doomed to relegation also.

Not fit to lace our top 8 boots? Oh please, I hope we stuff them.

Their bubble will burst soon enough, it happens to everyone. Wigan, Bolton etc all giving it the big one a few years back, a couple of bad decisions and it all comes crumbling down. It will happen to us at some point even if we stay up.

-------------------------------------------------------------KASPER--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

___________________WASYL____________HUTH______________MORGAN____________________________

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__HAMMOND__

______ALBRIGHTON_______KING______           V                   __CAMBIASSO_______________JEFF SCHLUPP___

________________________________________  V _____________________________________________________

______________________________________NUGENT___________________________________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------JAMIE VARDY 'AVIN A PARTY---------------------------------------------------------

Three centre backs would be a huge mistake against Swansea. With Bony sold and Gomis out injured then they lack a proper centre forward. They'll probably play Oliveira up front on his own and there goal threats will come from midfield.

Four at the back and please play three central midfielders to match them Nigel. It would be great to see Hammond back to sit in front of the back four and monitoring their attacking breaks from midfield.

not many do !

That is what a win at Swansea will mean.

And we've not had a better chance to do so

haha. Seeing as we haven't won twice in a row many times I think you're definitely right.

Only £25 a ticket for them and they still can't sell out on a Saturday afternoon. Top 8 club my arse. Means we have no excuse not to create a brilliant atmosphere.

Idiot, I suppose you are the 1st in line when complaining about entrance prices...

Price at the turnstiles, is not the proof of the position you earn.

Plus Swansea dont deserve spiteful comments, many city fans would like to see us reach their quality of football.

Plus Clubs like Swansea have earnt their right in the last few years for other fans respect.

As a city fan, I wouldn t like us to be known has the jealous and envious group on the terraces.

As a city fan, I wouldn t like us to be known has the jealous and envious group on the terraces.

That's all very well, but take a quick glance at their forum. They're not exactly showering us in glory...

Idiot, I suppose you are the 1st in line when complaining about entrance prices...

Price at the turnstiles, is not the proof of the position you earn.

Plus Swansea dont deserve spiteful comments, many city fans would like to see us reach their quality of football.

Plus Clubs like Swansea have earnt their right in the last few years for other fans respect.

lol.

I'd disagree... we have a bit of history with them, I can assure you the spiteful comments flow about us on their site.

You can say that again. They have one of the worst elitist attitudes I've read for a while.

Archived