Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burton Albion 1-2 Leicester

Much improved and great to see a full 90 from everyone and they all looked fit.

Kingy impressed and vardy didn't need a midfield, did it all himself.

Albrighton who is a personal fave was sadly awful and Ismael destroyed him!

Chilwell is good but old fashioned, he can defend but rushes a pass and vary rarely makes one, think a loan would be great for him first half of the season.

Shouldnt we be absolutely annihilating teams like this - how many tiers below us are they?!

Sounds like some decent link up play going forward though

The last time I remember us walloping a side in pre season ( Peterborough 4-0), the season start was dreadful.

Shouldnt we be absolutely annihilating teams like this - how many tiers below us are they?!

Would rather have a decent work out and still have questions that need answering than knock 4 or 5 passed a team and take our foot off the gas thinking everything is ok going into the season.

We didn't play well in pre-season before the 13/14 season.

Friendlies aren't a good indicator of how a team will perform in competitive games. The team selection gets messed around with, players want to avoid injury and over exertion, managers experiment with tactics and formations and nobody cares about the result in the way they would if it were a league game. All these things mean you'll regularly see 'odd' results in friendlies so we shouldn't take them too seriously.

We will be getting battered this season. Dreadful showing and clearly not players suited to the style Claudio will enforce. All the strikers want to be through the Centre and getting in eachothers way. Poor movement and can't unlock poor opposition. Gl

I probably haven't been following the Leicester threads as close as I should have been recently. Is Chilwell an academy player who has broken through recently?

Yeah, stepped into the development squad from the U18's last season, looks quality, certainly have high hopes for him. He's a LB by trade but could play both LCB or LWB in a back 5. Would probably do him good to spend a season in league 1/lower championship to get some experience under his belt, ready to properly come into the 1st team next season.

We will be getting battered this season. Dreadful showing and clearly not players suited to the style Claudio will enforce. All the strikers want to be through the Centre and getting in eachothers way. Poor movement and can't unlock poor opposition. Gl

Hope you are not requiring high grades on Aug 20th ...

We didn't play well in pre-season before the 13/14 season.

Friendlies aren't a good indicator of how a team will perform in competitive games. The team selection gets messed around with, players want to avoid injury and over exertion, managers experiment with tactics and formations and nobody cares about the result in the way they would if it were a league game. All these things mean you'll regularly see 'odd' results in friendlies so we shouldn't take them too seriously.

Exactly. I can remember a couple of seasons ago the end of the world arriving after a poor lacklustre pre-season friendly. After all the predictions of relegation and claims that we weren't fit it turned out the players had had a full on training session in the morning.

Much improved and great to see a full 90 from everyone and they all looked fit.

Kingy impressed and vardy didn't need a midfield, did it all himself.

Albrighton who is a personal fave was sadly awful and Ismael destroyed him!

Chilwell is good but old fashioned, he can defend but rushes a pass and vary rarely makes one, think a loan would be great for him first half of the season.

Chilwell looks pure class.

Enjoy watching Vardy running off the last man even in pre-season. Textbook for the first goal.

Albrighton is one of the best free transfer signings we've ever made.

I thought Albrighton played ok. 

I thought Okazaki played well first half and was bad the second half.

Others think Okazaki was bad all game. 

Each to their own.

I was at the game and I thought some players stood out more than others. Chilwell had a good game, as did Hammond and Vardy.

Anyone who's criticising the play where King hit the bar and Hammond missing the following up, probably didn't see they were both two brillian efforts that would have been very very good goals. Not as cut and dry as a tap in.

Agree that Okazaki looked a bit off the pace but a wins a win.

Have people actually been shouting "dog eater" and "chink" at Okazaki? I look forward to them having their season tickets torn up come the start of the season

Anyone who thinks this is still acceptable... Jesus. Better get down the train station quick, there's a black man trying to board but you might be able to prevent him

Have people actually been shouting "dog eater" and "chink" at Okazaki? I look forward to them having their season tickets torn up come the start of the season

Anyone who thinks this is still acceptable... Jesus. Better get down the train station quick, there's a black man trying to board but you might be able to prevent him

That actually happened. Dog eater chants and a bloke standing nxt to me said to his friend the chink looks good. 

Archived