Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spence

King and Drinky

Pearson 'left us' weak in midfield lol lol lol

Try 'got sacked whilst negotiating for players'

Please don't try and deflect this back at Pearson like you usually do, saying he was out of order and could of deserved being sacked is one thing, blaming him for not being able to sign any players before he was chucked out is absolutely ludicrous, especially now Ranieri had had longer in the transfer window and worryingly seems to be making very little progress.

I'm fully behind him, but his failure thus far to lure any decent cms in despite several false dawns is slightly worrying.

Had a midfield that won the Championship with 100 points both in their early 20's.

Now we're established as a PL side, have a 'World reknowned name" as manager and we still can't attract anyone by the looks of it, shame on Nige for not bringing us a couple of World Class young midfielders capable of playing in the Premier League while he was here lol

Pearson 'left us' weak in midfield lol lol lol

Try 'got sacked whilst negotiating for players'

Please don't try and deflect this back at Pearson like you usually do, saying he was out of order and could of deserved being sacked is one thing, blaming him for not being able to sign any players before he was chucked out is absolutely ludicrous, especially now Ranieri had had longer in the transfer window and worryingly seems to be making very little progress.

I'm fully behind him, but his failure thus far to lure any decent cms in despite several false dawns is slightly worrying.

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes

Do you think signing players is a Simple process like buying a new TV?

We're hoping that they'll be good enough rather than knowing they will be. Drinkwater really needs a good start to the season, perhaps a new regime will help that and whilst we're short on number he'llget a chance which he needs to take. I had no qualms about him stepping up after how good he was during our title winning season and i'm still confident he can excel at this level, but we do need 2 new midfielders before the window closes. Drinkwater plays his best football with a defensive midfielder alongside him, someone who can sit and allow him to move forward.

Hammond & King was one of our most successful pairings last season

It was as Drinkwater & James gained fitness & Cambiasso was integrated into the team that the wheels started to slow down & eventually fall off, for half a season, until it 'clicked' in the final quarter of the season.

We needed two midfielders whether Cambiasso stayed or not... Looking at the difference in Gerrard's 34th (almost lead them to the title) & 35th year (was a complete liability)

and we needed to strengthen the midfield just like we have up front (Okazaki for Wood) & at the back, Huth & Fuchs

If you stand still, you go backwards. We need two midfielders, just like we did when the final whistle blew against QPR

Only now there's less than two weeks until the season starts and after Wednesday we only have one friendly to help integrate any arrivals

Additionally to the less than ideal time, is that with Cambiasso's departure & James' injury we need two midfielders who can hit the ground running & won't have any settling-in time.

Piss poor management all round IMO

Until then, I think Drinky, King & Hammond are capable of at least holding their own & may saurprise a few people.... IF our tactics suit the playing staff in the way they did in the final quarter of last season

Think we could probably muddle through the first few games with them, but certainly need reinforcements. Still think both players will have a role to play this season, but they need an older, more experienced head in there and - more importantly - a bit of real quality.

Agreed. And then signing the likes of ulloa when he's nearly 30

:nigel:

Amazing piece of business, scored the goals that kept us up, a more than decent return for a newly promoted team & even away from his goal return which was far in excess of many established 'names' his all round game was a great help to us as a team

Guest MattP

Think we could probably muddle through the first few games with them, but certainly need reinforcements. Still think both players will have a role to play this season, but they need an older, more experienced head in there and - more importantly - a bit of real quality.

Thinks that's about where I stand.

We often got away two of the three last season but it did look a bit short at times, they all looked ok with someone like Cambiasso next to them but we could certainly do with a wise old head to help them along again.

These two don't play well together, neither are defensively minded enough. I'd probably go with King and Hammond however if Drinky can recapture the title winning form then you'd choose him.

Agree. Didn't they have some pretty horrible record when played as a pairing in the Championship?

I like both as players but it isn't a good enough midfield. Two genuine quality midfielders needed for me ASAP and at least one of them before the Sunderland game - that's a pretty big game that one. Imagine how negative it will all be if we lose that. Sunderland are crap.

Hammond & King was one of our most successful pairings last season

It was as Drinkwater & James gained fitness & Cambiasso was integrated into the team that the wheels started to slow down & eventually fall off, for half a season, until it 'clicked' in the final quarter of the season.

We needed two midfielders whether Cambiasso stayed or not... Looking at the difference in Gerrard's 34th (almost lead them to the title) & 35th year (was a complete liability)

and we needed to strengthen the midfield just like we have up front (Okazaki for Wood) & at the back, Huth & Fuchs

If you stand still, you go backwards. We need two midfielders, just like we did when the final whistle blew against QPR

Only now there's less than two weeks until the season starts and after Wednesday we only have one friendly to help integrate any arrivals

Additionally to the less than ideal time, is that with Cambiasso's departure & James' injury we need two midfielders who can hit the ground running & won't have any settling-in time.

Piss poor management all round IMO

Until then, I think Drinky, King & Hammond are capable of at least holding their own & may saurprise a few people.... IF our tactics suit the playing staff in the way they did in the final quarter of last season

I didn't realise Luis Suarez had changed his name.

You don't know what's going on behind the scenes

Do you think signing players is a Simple process like buying a new TV?

I don't, but the rumours which seem to have some basis e.g. Mendy, Kante have rumbled on for a while with no end product. Obviously it isn't a 'simple process', I never said it was so chill out on the patronising, but we have a more than capable scout team to get in a couple of decent CMs. I haven't said we're doomed, or that we're going to start badly, I've just voiced that I'm slightly concerned that with only a few weeks to go we have a weak midfield at the moment, is that all right with you?

We're hoping that they'll be good enough rather than knowing they will be. Drinkwater really needs a good start to the season, perhaps a new regime will help that and whilst we're short on number he'llget a chance which he needs to take. I had no qualms about him stepping up after how good he was during our title winning season and i'm still confident he can excel at this level, but we do need 2 new midfielders before the window closes. Drinkwater plays his best football with a defensive midfielder alongside him, someone who can sit and allow him to move forward.

trust me I know kingy is good enough

Push comes to shove, it's Kingy and Hammond for me. 

If my memory serves me right, Drinkwater looked so out of his depth last season... And was very, very poor on a number of occasions. 

+1 for me to. Drinkwater was terrible maybe he also underestimated the step up required. I'm sure he'll get a chance soon but I feel it's last chance saloon for him.

Hammond is proven at this level and while he doesn't possess the creativity we need. But he is steady in there. We might start with 4 in the midfield. to crowd out the opposition.

Agreed. And then signing the likes of ulloa when he's nearly 30

Yeah we get it- Pearson's shit, his squad is shit, everything else is better.

You can talk about something else now.

Archived