Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BrummieFOX

Your favourite (non-Leicester related) football chant/song.

For me there are some genuinely brilliant football chants out there sung by other teams both in England and beyond which make the hairs stand up despite having no link to the club.

I'm a huge fan of 'terrace' wit and the nostalgia of old songs still sung today. I think my favourite is probably Sheffield Utd's Greasy Chip Butty song.

Anyone got any favourites?

I've always liked Blaydon Races and the ridiculous of 'Park Park where ever you may be' and the fact it has nothing to do with his ability.

Also enjoyed 'You're not as good as Christmas' aimed at Jermaine Easter.

Loved "Show me the way to Plough Lane" when I went to Wimbledon v York a couple of seasons ago. Notts County's "I had a wheelbarrow", too. Bristol Rovers did a great job of Goodnight Irene when they came here in 2009.

shit yeah ireeeene good night ireeeeene is a belter. hymns and ariahs which i may have spelt wrong is good too.

Guest CityFan 06

Marching on Together (LEEDS)
Traditional and recognizable anthem of Leeds Utd. Still to this day the best away fans I've ever seen at the King Power.

Keep Right On (B'HAM)
There's a particular video on YouTube where the whole of St Andrews sing it pre match, it sounds amazing and is so so loud. I like the lyrics and feel it is a proper decent English football chant.

If you don't bounce then you're a blade (SHEFF WED)
Looked superb when they did this chant at our place back in 2013. We lost on the day but never seen an away end bouncing as much as that. From what I've seen they do this chant very well when they are singing it elsewhere too.

A few years after Abromavich took over Chelsea, they drew Morecambe in the League Cup. The Morecambe fans took the piss with this belter:

Care free wherever we may be, 

we are the nouveau Chelsea FC,

so please sit down so my wife can see,

I've been coming here since 2003.

Two Gary Stevens,

There's only two Gary Stevens.

England fans 1986 World Cup.

Gary Stevens of Spurs and Gary Stevens of Everton both in the squad.

there's only two Andy Gorans after he was diagnosed with schizophrenia is funnier

Think theres a few I like personally

I heard the Exeter fans "singing a song for Stanno" at the FA cup game with Liverpool, sounded brilliant and poignant too considering it was about a player that had died.

Hearing "youll never walk alone" before a game from the Kop at liverpool is excellent, as is the fields of anfield road.

Think the funniest chant i heard was "Your coat's from Matalan" aimed at Mourinho by Fulham fans in a west london derby.

Why? Genuine question. It's no different to MOT or YNWA in that it's sang to a backing track. I know their support is overrated- a view I wholeheartedly share but when they're on form it's done well.

http://youtu.be/vOZ0TYwv0Eg

The Ultra's thing isn't really my scene so I get that. But take away the Tifo and other banners you'd still get the chant sung well

All that's wrong with modern football imo

Why? Genuine question. It's no different to MOT or YNWA in that it's sang to a backing track. I know their support is overrated- a view I wholeheartedly share but when they're on form it's done well.

http://youtu.be/vOZ0TYwv0Eg

The Ultra's thing isn't really my scene so I get that. But take away the Tifo and other banners you'd still get the chant sing

Archived