Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

Scapegoat situation waiting to happen here.

I agree with the sentiments of the protesters but if Arsenal score in those minutes, and if we lose and go on a bad run and screw up this chance,

rightly or wrongly the protesters will be seen as the catalyst.

Man the whole nation would take the piss.

Wait for a better opportunity I say. Don't know when that will be, but if this season finishes how we want it to, there will be plenty more opportunities provided by sky to take advantage of.

Only to be expected? That's a horrendous attitude, why should we expect Sky to walk all over us? I didn't say a fan who decides it is pointless is any less of a true fan, I would argue it's a fairly selfish and short-term mindset but they have a right to do that.

3,000 empty seats on camera would hurt Sky the same way that a walkout hurt Liverpool FC. As I've said, evidently it won't send the same message if just 200 join in, which is a shame. It would send a clear global message, and I don't see how it is not understandable to be aggrieved about this.

Football existed before Sky you know, and it should be no excuse for them to treat the fans with contempt.

Don't be so bloody condescending I've supported and followed Leicester through thick and thin since the late 60s.As we all know a lot more thin than thick. Late 70s through the 80s and into 90s away games were like entering war zones at times! The football was uncompromising and damn ugly at times but we still loved all of it cos it was how it was! Like it or not Skys investment has improved nearly everything within the top league of English football. For the last time I understand the frustration but I feel this will be a forlorn effort and like pissing in the wind.

I genuinely don't think Sky have deliberately set out to cause inconvenience nor have they considered the implications. I think people would have been best served lobbying with e-mails detailing the problems and implications, seeking and requesting compensation reimbursement. The yanks would have sued the arse of them ;)

I hope I'm wrong and a positive is achieved by the action, I just don't think it will and I hope you have a change of heart.

Scapegoat situation waiting to happen here.

I agree with the sentiments of the protesters but if Arsenal score in those minutes, and if we lose and go on a bad run and screw up this chance,

rightly or wrongly the protesters will be seen as the catalyst.

Man the whole nation would take the piss.

Wait for a better opportunity I say. Don't know when that will be, but if this season finishes how we want it to, there will be plenty more opportunities provided by sky to take advantage of.

Some people just like to act the hero ! And don't think

Why didn't we just have a democratic poll on here and then react according to the poll ?

One game moved at short notice in our premier league history maybe 500 games ?

Let's have some perspective

But I repeat its not something we should ignore , but I cannot agree to the team not being supported as they take the field and start one of the most important games in the clubs history

Who was the genius that could dream up an action like this ?

There are better ways and probably more effective

I would argue that one game is too many and it's their general attitude towards fans that stinks.

I respect your opinion that there are better ways to do it, and hope you value it highly enough to help try and make a stand in another way  :)

Don't be so bloody condescending I've supported and followed Leicester through thick and thin since the late 60s.As we all know a lot more thin than thick. Late 70s through the 80s and into 90s away games were like entering war zones at times! The football was uncompromising and damn ugly at times but we still loved all of it cos it was how it was! Like it or not Skys investment has improved nearly everything within the top league of English football. For the last time I understand the frustration but I feel this will be a forlorn effort and like pissing in the wind.

I genuinely don't think Sky have deliberately set out to cause inconvenience nor have they considered the implications. I think people would have been best served lobbying with e-mails detailing the problems and implications, seeking and requesting compensation reimbursement. The yanks would have sued the arse of them ;)

I hope I'm wrong and a positive is achieved by the action, I just don't think it will and I hope you have a change of heart.

Unfortunately I am busy all weekend and so wouldn't have been attending in any case :( again I appreciate that you may think there will be better ways and I agree that a small number doing it is not worth it, the attitude with which I take issue is that we'd be nowhere without Sky and what they have done is acceptable. I too hope we can make a difference and also that we smash Arsenal on Sunday, both would be perfect.

Why didn't we just have a democratic poll on here and then react according to the poll ?

Think we should probably do that so we can end this thread and just look forward to one of our biggest games in the clubs history and make a racket on Sunday.

True mate but what percentage of our fanbase does Foxes Talk actually represent? I have no idea.

I think you I and others saying this is a daft idea with the potential protesters actually getting us wrong.

The sentiment behind the action and frustration are understandable but the actual action proposed is ill thought out and misguided being the general consensus as I see it.

This is the next biggeat game in our clubs history and potentially the most pivotal.

Sunday should ONLY be about getting behind our warriors in pursuit of greatness!

The whole problem isn't purely the fact the fixture was moved as that's part of modern football. But moving after it had sold out with only 3 weeks notice which is nothing where they could of moved the fixture weeks earlier before the tickets went on sale. I think football fans in general not just those affected should feel angry at this and have every right to be. However no one should feel forced into boycotting and those that don't can use other ways to send they're message to sky.

Totally glenny I have stated on numerous posts I fully understand he anger and frustration, this is the exception not rule though and solely due to our brilliant season etc etc. Abnoying but surely this fkn massive game and supporting the lads is the main prioriry for fans at the match?

Totally glenny I have stated on numerous posts I fully understand he anger and frustration, this is the exception not rule though and solely due to our brilliant season etc etc. Abnoying but surely this fkn massive game and supporting the lads is the main prioriry for fans at the match?

Tot up the time you've spent in this thread today buddy, must be at least 2 hours writing about a 5 minute event  lol

I would argue that one game is too many and it's their general attitude towards fans that stinks.

I respect your opinion that there are better ways to do it, and hope you value it highly enough to help try and make a stand in another way :)

I'll happily chant they are feckers

One game moved at short notice in our premier league history maybe 500 games ?

Let's have some perspective

But I repeat its not something we should ignore , but I cannot agree to the team not being supported as they take the field and start one of the most important games in the clubs history

Who was the genius that could dream up an action like this ?

There are better ways and probably more effective

spot on mate. Top post

Is it wrong of me to be pleased that the game got moved as I will now be able to watch on tv?

No it is perfectly acceptable as it is a choice.

So long as you plan to keep the TV turned off for the 1st 5 mins. :P

I have a sneaky feeling this will not take off. May be a couple of hundred max.

Personally think this is not something we should be doing in our biggest game in a while. First 5 mins is when we should be vocal non-stop cheering on the lads.

I will not be joining in. Feels wrong and plus, I want to see all the game.

another point, I'll be damned if I'm singing anti-sky songs all game. One or two yes but anymore and I think it's pathetic...before anyone asks, yes I was inconvenienced which was resolved with two phone calls.

Personally think this is not something we should be doing in our biggest game in a while. First 5 mins is when we should be vocal non-stop cheering on the lads.

another point, I'll be damned if I'm singing anti-sky songs all game. One or two yes but anymore and I think it's pathetic...before anyone asks, yes I was inconvenienced which was resolved with two phone calls.

But theres a bigger picture here mate, you cant sacrifice 5 minutes for the greater good?  If not your the reason why we have the current over priced tickets.

pretend the vast majority of home fans did this (or even away fans if there were enough of them)

would there be a risk of stampede/crushing if everyone was in the concourses and a goal was scored causing mass numbers to rush back to the stands?

just a thought :unsure:

Good one! 

It's a shame so many are against this/not joining in. I can see why in fairness (magnitude of the game) but I'm concerned it could turn a bit sour when some will be angry others aren't getting invovled and those who aren't will be annoyed that they aren't going to support the team.

For what it's worth I don't think it would have any impact whatsoever on the teams performance and I'm sure they'd back us if they knew the inconvenience it has caused some.

Archived