Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ranieri New Contract

Don't see why he needed a new deal tbh, even after this season I couldn't see anyone coming in for him. Any club bigger than us wouldn't have the humility, and any club our size or smaller would be a downward step. Yeah give him bonuses til he pops but you reckon Greece would re-appoint him, even wearing the PL trophy lid as a hat?

That's why it was such a special appointment. He's the same likeable upper-middle glorious failure that we are/were.

You don't think that's asking a tad too much?

9 million quid? Just less than 10% of what he has generated for the club this season alone.

Or a fifth of the price it cost for Stirling.

Good business I would say, reward the man now let him build.

Don't see why he needed a new deal tbh, even after this season I couldn't see anyone coming in for him. Any club bigger than us wouldn't have the humility, and any club our size or smaller would be a downward step. Yeah give him bonuses til he pops but you reckon Greece would re-appoint him, even wearing the PL trophy lid as a hat?

That's why it was such a special appointment. He's the same likeable upper-middle glorious failure that we are/were.

It doesn't always have to be about securing his future. He's been amazingly successful and the owners probably feel he deserves a pay rise.

Don't see why he needed a new deal tbh, even after this season I couldn't see anyone coming in for him. .

Maybe because the one he currently has gives him huge bonus' for finishing high in the league and the club asked if it could be changed? The quid pro quo is to extend it for another three years.

Three more years of a well looked after Ranieri building the team, maybe a bit more success, stadium expansion in the pipeline or already in place. When the time comes for him to leave hopefully the clubs profile will have been raised to an extent that players will see us as a more attractive prospect and we'll be able to attract an higher caliber of manager, one with good European experience, who can continue to grow the stature of club. This is why teams like everton stay up year after year, because even when they are shit they attract a better level of shit than we can. lol

9 million quid? Just less than 10% of what he has generated for the club this season alone.

Or a fifth of the price it cost for Stirling.

Good business I would say, reward the man now let him build.

I was saying it's asking too much to expect us to keep improving.

• 2 months later...

He came from Italy

He stayed for the money

And well earned.  A man of long perspective, not just talking the talk, but walking the walk that the grass is not always greener elsewhere.

Archived