Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

EU Vote implications for English Football

Might see some english talent coming through now

There's quite a lot of English talent, just a shame you can get a team of Kante's for one Raheem Sterling and I know which I would choose...

Non there are 196 countries in the world and only 28 in the Eu well 27 now it doesn't effect the other 167 contries

And how many of those countries have a relative amount of players in the PL compared to Europe?

We best get our European exports in quick. It's going to be pain staking after two years.

N'Golo Kante would not have qualified for a work permit if we were outside the EU then. Let that sink in.

Amidst the hysteria, that is a salient point. He would have gone to Marseille, been brilliant, for into the French national side and then been sold to a PL club for 30 mil

Very little changes in the short term (next couple years) following the vote.

Anyone saying different is scaremongering and wrong. Min period for withdrawal to take effect is two years and this will be longer than that cos of french and German elections next year.

Can I remind everyone please that we have VOTED to leave the EU. We have not left yet. It will take years for everything to be formally agreed, so relax.

Amidst the hysteria, that is a salient point. He would have gone to Marseille, been brilliant, for into the French national side and then been sold to a PL club for 30 mil

But we wouldn't have him, that was my point. And he is very vital for us (understatement).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/06/23/how-would-british-sport-be-affected-by-a-brexit/

Four players who would not qualify under the FA’s criteria for non-EU players

Cristiano Ronaldo

Signed alongside Eric Djemba-Djemba, David Bellion and Kleberson in the summer of 2003, Ronaldo had only just made his debut for Portugal as an 18-year-old.

Thierry Henry

Although Henry had broken through into the French national team by the time he joined Arsenal from Juventus in 1999, he had not played enough games to have qualified for a work permit.

David Ginola

Again his sporadic appearances for France would have precluded another dose of Gallic flair entering the Premier League.

Dimitri Payet

The latest example of the Premier League’s ability to create stars having been transformed from a bit-part player into France’s leading player at the European Championships.

Can I remind everyone please that we have VOTED to leave the EU. We have not left yet. It will take years for everything to be formally agreed, so relax.

The meltdown and the panic talk going on today will be around for a while, but what Tuna says is exactly right. It will take many years for things to be sorted, and by then I'd imagine our government, the FA and Europe will have some agreement in place.

If the UK does bring in strict laws to restrict clubs from signing overseas players, we do have a superb academy in place to produce more home grown players.

The meltdown and the panic talk going on today will be around for a while, but what Tuna says is exactly right. It will take many years for things to be sorted, and by then I'd imagine our government, the FA and Europe will have some agreement in place.

If the UK does bring in strict laws to restrict clubs from signing overseas players, we do have a superb academy in place to produce more home grown players.

[citation needed]

ESPN article predicts what may happen - not much hopefully. http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2825545/eu-brexit-impact-on-european-premier-league-players

Get French football reporting Ngolo Kante will no longer have a work permit along with a number of other French players including cabaye , martial and schneiderlin following brexit.

Well it's a good job we aren't actually leaving the EU for another couple of years then

Archived