Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

Looked good against us, though we were terrible so not sure thats a good game to judge him on. Not sure we will spend 6.5 million on a championship striker. Might be wrong though.

Good player but the price is quite steep considering he has no PL experience, a big gamble and plus I doubt very much Brighton will let him go for cheap. I suppose we're going to have to pay that extra bit to get the quality we need.

No way would we spend £6.5mil on Leo Ulloa. He's worth around half of that anyway. I'm not saying I wouldn't take him because if we could get him for around £3.5mil I'd take him as he's a good target man and averages roughly a goal every other game for Brighton. But £6.5mil is just an unrealistic figure.

Besides if I could chose any player from Brighton's side I would pick Will Buckley.

I think Brighton paid about £2.5-3 million for him so the probably won't let him go for much less than £5 million and that's too much in my opinion but if Nige thinks we need him then whatever - I trust his judgement.

If Nigel Pearson thinks he's worth that much then I wouldn't complain.

However, I highly doubt that, in fact I doubt there's any truth in this at all.

Very similar to Luciano Becchio who hasn't cut it in the PL. I'm not saying Ulloa couldn't but if we're going to gamble that sort of money i'd rather it be on his fellow countrymen Vietto who at only 20/21 has massive potential for re-sale value too. Different types of player but you get my drift. I get scared when I see newly promoted teams splashing big dough on players from the league they've come from, it often backfires.

£6.5million is too much and I don't believe that at all, but Ulloa seriously impressed me when he played against us this season. Strong, good in the air, holds the ball up and can finish.

Archived