Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

Good player, physical presence. Rated highly by a lot of people at Brighton, and objectively on paper seems to be a decent all rounder, regardless of what some on here seem to think (comparison to Chris Martin here: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnIgMcpCYAAqloP.jpg:medium). Seeing as Brighton paid northwards of £2.7m for him and he is contracted until 2017, quite a cheeky offer. We don't know if he'll make the step up. We also don't know if any of our players will either, c'est la vie. 

Why the surprise at 7mill the OP had a value of 6.5 from sky at the start of the thread.

Txt a seagull mate. He said he is priceless for what he did Saturday but not prem class. When i said we had been linked at 6.5 mill his reply was laffin all the way to the bank.

Paper talk and agent shite to me.

I'm getting the feeling / hoping we are filling in the edges of the squad with decent but not expensive players to bulk out the quality and the money will then go on the spine of the team with a quality CB, CM and ST.

Ullo won't be a starter he doesn't fit the style that has served us well I'd guess. But as a plan B big man option I can see why they would like him. 5 strikers Nuge, Wood, Vardy, Ulloa and New man would give options.

What has him being foreign got to do with it? He's not a premiership standard player, whether he has experience in England or not. The fact he's played in England give people more chance to see him and judge his quality.

Don't even know what you're on about, Mahrez didn't exactly have major hype around him before he played.

Don't know what I'm on about? Have a look at the threads a few inches on your screen away from here for any foreign player.

So people weren't panicking when it took us a few weeks to sort the Mahrez deal then?

His record over the last 4 or 5 years is very good. Watched a video of his goals last season and he scored different types. Headers, poaching and running on to though balls. Maybe better than I think. If Nigel and Walsh believe he is the one, they know better than me.

Looking back 18 years ago I wouldn't have sign Ian Marshall either.

I like him. I think one of Brighton's biggest problems is not being adventurous enough and not getting enough support to Ulloa. Would be a whole different ball game with Vardy buzzing around him. His goalscoring record is excellent.

100% , saying that I don't want to sell

however £7 million - not convinced , probably £5/6 million tops.

Hahahahahaaaa these people begging us not to sign him, are they the same people who claim Pearson and Walsh's recruitment policy and ability is second to none? If they think he's what we need then who are we to judge too much? He's averaged 1 in 2 everywhere he's played, what's to say he wouldn't be good enough for us?

Good Championship player but £7m?! Jog on!

2.5 would've been top end for me. Hard to say whether he'd make the step up but he's looked good when I've seen him and has a good goal scoring record.

Not bothered either way really so long as we don't overpay for him

Archived