Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

Albrighton

To be fair to op he's just mentioned that he hasn't offered much so far. I don't think he's being written off, just the fact that he's made two fairly glaring errors after he's come on on both occasions.

To be fair to op he's just mentioned that he hasn't offered much so far. I don't think he's being written off, just the fact that he's made two fairly glaring errors after he's come on on both occasions.

Exactly this. There's a difference between "judging" or "writing off" a player and saying he's been poor for us in the couple of games which he's played.

Thought he had a bit of a shocker today when he came on but I'm confident he'll prove to be a good acquisition for us.

I was surprised when Pearson brought him on. On today's showing he doesn't seem to want to take anyone on and the only time I noticed him was when he gave the ball away.

Other than the pass down the line to vardy and one half decent cross he didn't really do anything of note!

That's not to say he's a bad player though, he probably just needs more game time.

Hammond thread before: everyone slated him, not a good player, not good enough ect ect 
And now look at him, starting games and everyone loves him

Just because a player comes off the bench doesn't mean they are poor, i know enough villa fans who said they are going to miss him because last season, after the top 6 teams, they all said he was the best crosser of the ball in that league, and today with the cross me made to King and the corner he took, i can see why!!!!

Give the lad support!! 

I can't say I ever rated him when he was at villa but tbh he was never given a full shot there. Lad needs game time and a start too...but in my eyes what we have in midfield already he is a squad player

Our technical scout has a feature on Sky Sports website, in it he said:

If you look at the stats of players who played more than 10 games in the Premier League last season, only five players created more chances per minute than Marc Albrighton (David Silva, Willian, Samir Nasri, Juan Mata & Mesut Ozil). He also delivered more crosses per minute than any other player who started a Premier League game.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9427945/the-science-of-scouting-signings

Well, for what it's worth, I thought his crossing wasn't far off being pretty on the money. Had Leo been on the end of some of them, I think there would have been opportunity to score. But as others have said, give him chance. The lad's been injured and played the sum total of about 30 minutes of football this season.

He'll be fine.

Still fitting in, has come off the bench against two very good teams and has only had a few minutes.

Also, he's only managed 32 league appearances in the last two years (since August 2012) - so probably needs a run of games and to get his form and confidence back.

Fair play but I'm sure he played significantly less games then those other players. I'm not going to knock him, he has got potential pacey and can whip a ball in but I think the lads we have in that position already are better. But we have barely seen the lad so the best is yet to come hopefully

Archived