Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Newcastle (A) OPTIMETER

Optimeter Newcastle (A)  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Another away result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

The international break is almost over and what with our last two results and performances in the Premier League being below par I thought it was worth another optimeter to get those positive vibes rolling for Saturday.

Newcastle's off the field problems are well documented. Their fans do not like Alan Pardew and want him gone, despite being the man who almost lead them to the Champions League a few seasons back - on a shoestring budget due to Mike Ashley being a tight bastard.

Pardew has also unearthed some excellent signings in his time there on a lowish budget. They have started the season very badly. The delusion of Geordie's believing they should be/are a top four/five club has never been more prominent than it is at the moment. Stability is key and Pardew provides that... Who out there would take the toon to the next level?

Our most recent meeting came in the championship five seasons ago. Newcastle won at St James and we failed to score a goal in both matches. Four defeats in a row for The Foxes at Newcastle only scoring once. The omens don't look good. Our last win away up in the toon was under Martin O Neil with Cottee and Robbie Savage bagging the goals in a fine 2-0 victory.

It will be interesting to see what team NP puts out, I envisage changes from the Burnley game in the starting 11 and on the bench.

Can we win? I don't think so. I fear a rejuvenated Newcastle with the spotlight off Pardew briefly in the international break and we will lose 2-0.

I would have happily taken a draw, but as we dropped 2 points against Burnley I want a win. I'm not sure I have the energy for another loss.

I can't help but think Newcastle will play pretty badly but we wont take our chances, and they will. 1-0 first half then 2-0 late second half. Two dodgy set pieces. Crystal Palace II

This game has come at a bad time for us I think.

For a start, they've not won yet.... We all know how kind we are at stuff like this.

They're going to be chomping at the bit after a

Morale boosting draw at Swansea whilst we'll have been kicking our heels that we couldn't see Burnley off.

I would be happy with a point, although there's absolutely no reason that we can't come away with the win.

I predicted this as the most likely source of three points, despite their current form they are a big team and the atmosphere and occasion will lift our players, they also still play like a big team they don't have the fight or desire to close us down and we will have the space on the ball to play our game.

The international break is almost over and what with our last two results and performances in the Premier League being below par I thought it was worth another optimeter to get those positive vibes rolling for Saturday.

Newcastle's off the field problems are well documented. Their fans do not like Alan Pardew and want him gone, despite being the man who almost lead them to the Champions League a few seasons back - on a shoestring budget due to Mike Ashley being a tight bastard.

Pardew has also unearthed some excellent signings in his time there on a lowish budget. They have started the season very badly. The delusion of Geordie's believing they should be/are a top four/five club has never been more prominent than it is at the moment. Stability is key and Pardew provides that... Who out there would take the toon to the next level?

Our most recent meeting came in the championship five seasons ago. Newcastle won at St James and we failed to score a goal in both matches. Four defeats in a row for The Foxes at Newcastle only scoring once. The omens don't look good. Our last win away up in the toon was under Martin O Neil with Cottee and Robbie Savage bagging the goals in a fine 2-0 victory.

It will be interesting to see what team NP puts out, I envisage changes from the Burnley game in the starting 11 and on the bench.

Can we win? I don't think so. I fear a rejuvenated Newcastle with the spotlight off Pardew briefly in the international break and we will lose 2-0.

Right this post has some fantastically misinformed and utter drivel about Newcastle, and it's the usual nonsense so often said.

"Pardew has also unearthed some excellent signings in his time there on a lowish budget" : This is a cracker this one, he's unearthed precisely two players Gabriel Obertan, who is worse than a pile of spoons and Blob Elliot who when challenged by a Newcastle fan about us never coming from behind to win when trailing at half time under Pardew, replied 'well we did when we was Charlton'. Thick and more importantly, a fat useless slab of meat with mittens. Virtually all the players signed have been scouted by Graham Carr, Pardew has a say but the players are signed by the club on a narrow age to value/future value scenario. Not great as it's too narrow in it's rules, but not altogether bad in some ways.

"The delusion of Geordie's believing they should be/are a top four/five club has never been more prominent than it is at the moment" : Ah the old delusions of the Geordies line, so often said and as misinformed as the brain of a village idiot. Newcastle fans don't expect to be in the top 4/5, we just want to see good football and players giving their all. Basically that's it, where we end up in the table will look after itself, big club yes, big club right now absolutely not, down to Pardew and Ashley, for which i shall explain.

"Stability is key and Pardew provides that... Who out there would take the toon to the next level?" :  Ah ah stability, fantastic if by stability you mean having a manager who has, deep breath.......seen us concede the most Premeirship goals in 2014, score the least, not score in nearly 70% of those games, lost 17 of the last 27 league matches with Newcastle United. Before Alan Pardew arrived, since 1993, Newcastle United had lost 35 Premier League games by 3 goals or more. Alan Pardew has lost by 3 goals or more 21 times on his own since December 2010. This is more than any other Premier League club in the same period. Alan Pardew was the first Newcastle United manager to lose 6 consecutive Premier League games. In the 2013-14 season, Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United lost 4 home games in a row without scoring a goal – the first time in the club’s entire history that this has happened. In the 2012-13 season, Newcastle under Alan Pardew lost their final 3 home games, the only time in the club’s history that they have done so. The Sunderland Derby, a record so poor it's utterly embarrassing. No Premier League club suffered more home defeats in 2012-13 than NUFC under Alan Pardew.

Alan Pardew’s PL form record in 2014: LLWDLLLWWLWLLLLLLWLLDDLDLD. Alan Pardew’s league record when losing at half time stands at P 43 W 0 D 6 L 37 (6 points salvaged from a possible 129). We have never come back to win after trailing at half time during his tenure.

Sorry for the long post but i had to challenge the nonsense posted, and trust me i've left loads out, such as disgusting treatment of flair players like Ben Arfa and Marveaux, and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa who Pardew deems not good enough for Newcastle but is for France and Roma, Set pieces that would embarrass a Sunday League team, just watch Saturday at the repeated lofted corners/free kicks to Mike Williamson, 4 years and it still hasn't worked. His lies and belitting of Newcastle as a city and area. But for me this is the worst of the lot and the most important point, the football itself. It's the worst i've ever seen from a Newcastle team, it's utterly boring, defensive (which doesn't work if you look at the goals conceded column), stale, there's no impetus, no attacking, no shape or system. It's just hope for a bit of magic and hang on.

Yes we hate him and with good reason. The last 3 years have been awful. Ashley must go but first of all we need rid of Pardew so we can at least see a team try to win instead trying not to lose. DELUDED as that may sound.

Good luck Saturday, i've always like Nigel Pearson and Leicester City and as much as it disgusts me to say i hope you win, and win well as maybe that'll advance the removal of Pardew, for that is all the hope us Newcastle fans have left.

Well that's me told :D

He did take you to the borderline of Champions League qualification though?!?!

Who's to say he wouldn't turn it around to those giddy heights in the future.... No one knows!

Last three seasons you've finished 5th, 16th and 10th - so averaging 10th under Pardew. This one has only just begun.

Welcome to the forum bimpy, can see you are very anti-Pardew and not surprised, results and arrogant nature make him very unpopular.

We always seem to lose narrowly at St James's, hope it's reversed this time.

Agree with the Newcastle fan re Pardew, he might have had a decent start but it's been a shambles since, he seems to coach any sort of creativity out of his players as well, he had the best attacking right back in the division in Debuchy and wouldn't let him across the half way line. He's got a great young talent in Cabella now to ruin as well.

That half time stat is absolutely frightening, says it all about his motivational skills. The set piece bit is going to be interesting as we are generally useless at defending them so it's quite nice to hear you can't score from them.

Is it true Graham Carr is Alan Carr's Dad? A Geordie once told me that but I never looked it up.

Who's to say he wouldn't turn it around to those giddy heights in the future.... No one knows!

Last three seasons you've finished 5th, 16th and 10th - so averaging 10th under Pardew. This one has only just begun.

He did, but they've lost 41 out of 83 league matches since, so I doubt it. Taylor took us to the top of the Premiership, a year later he'd lost 15 out of 19 matches. He's remembered for that and Pardew will be remembered in a similarly hostile and negative way.

Plus the Geordies can't stand Dennis Wise too, good lads and lasses.

I think when you look at Pardew's past record he always starts well and then it tails off really badly. In Newcastle's case, he did ok with Hughton's squad, then the club added players like Cabaye who was very good. But the football apart from a spell playing 4-3-3 which was excellent stuff. It was funtional 4-4-2 with players like Ba and Cisse scoring worldy goals that just didn't end. Add that to under performing bigger clubs like Chelsea. We got to 5th. But the doubts were there.

Now imo, Pardew's limitations as a coach has been shown up because as soon as he's been at a club a year or so it goes downhill once he's coached the last coaches style out of the players. I've watched Newcastle get worse and worse bar an ok spell up to Christmas last season. Again that was acheived by Loic Remy and Cabaye being very good. Pardew tactically is inept and relies on one or two outstanding players to bump along. This season he doesn't have one, and it shows and he's now scratching his head, unsurprising as he's totally clueless without that star and a bit of magic. He gotten some results in the past but an orangutan could with a team of Internationals imo.

If you look at the results and defeats, well the manner of them. It's been basically 3 years of clobberings with a few decent results thrown in. Trust me he's done, Newcastle will only get worse from this point, he's incapable of turning it around, he's a lower league manager who's been lucky. Fat Sam who i detest is the opposite, same English mentality of hoof it and hope but there's some brains chucked in. Pardew really is just a shite Allardyce.

Archived