Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Newcastle post match thread

I don't think we played overly bad, we just lack a sense of urgency.  We had it to a degree in the championship against the lower teams but you can get away with it there.  In the premiership if we only get ourselves up for it against the top sides then we are going to be in a world of bother.  Against Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal we harried them from the whistle through to 90 minutes.  There has been none of that when we come up against so called "lesser" opposition and we are being turned over.

Still, I dont really care who we lose to this season, so long as we get to the points total we require, and we are still ahead of schedule for that so that's a good thing. 

One word: Naive

Naive defending for the goal, De Laet taking the ball forward means we need to get cover, and backing off like that was criminal.

Naive subs from Nigel, Vardy and Nuge for Albrighton and Schlupp, going from plaenty of cover to none.

Naive tactics when 1-0 down.

Newcastle also showed how a Premier League team closes out a game with a narrow 1 goal lead, what we should have done 2 weeks ago.

Time to move on and put this behind us, a tougher away trip next week, we need to figure out how to play away from home, as 1 goal away from home is pretty poor. 

Morgan tweeting about his business two hours before kick is great preparation as well.

For me the attitude stinks at the moment, looks like a different group to last season. 

That worries me too although his performances have still been great. 

Whatever the reason for the lacklustre performances over the last 3 games, needs to be found.

Wether it's tactics, wrong players, lack of confidence, players poor form, it needs to be rectified before to much damage is done.

I'm not slating them, but I am starting to get frustrated at the performances rather than the results.

A game to forget. I can't believe I watched this for 90+ minutes. What a waste of space.

Players need to hang their heads in shame, the general effort they put in today was horrible.

And dear Nigel Pearson: When you're faced with a lowly team such as Newcastle this season, don't give them an extra incentive by playing it so chicken and defensive like today.

Can do a lot better - in many departments.

Now, how do I erase the memory of today's afternoon again?

Multiple things pissed me off from that game.

Whether he has pace or not, Schlupp isn't good enough and was frankly dog shit today. NP must take blame for this, everyone knew we'd play better with movement from Vardy and Nugent on.

Cambiasso was poor. Lets not make excuses or talk about past glories, he was poor AGAIN.

Newcastle were a poor team and for them to score from having four players surrounding Obertan isn't good enough. Why is it always us ALWAYS who end teams shit run of results. Burnley cant score for hours we give them two poor goals. Toon havent won all season same old story.

The team need a big kick up the arse because it isnt good enough. Away from home we aren't scoring and then getting punished. Seen it today, at Chelsea and a lesser extent at Palace. Simply not good enough, and lets make no bones about it, we arent a good team and will be nearer and nearer the bottom three unless we buck the ideas up.

I didn't watch the game but listened on the radio.

We sounded poor. Not terrible, but poor.

Why I wanted King in the central mid was because the three (Drinky,James,Cambi) are just too similar.

King is a bit more creative.

The side is crying out, absolutely crying out for a creative central midfielder with a bit of pace and quality of pass.

Our best midfield option for me involves King.

Marc Albrighton is a waste of space.

Pearson got his tactics wrong again. The reason we won the league last year was because we put the ball on the ground. That first half was one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen.

Need to get out of the habit of being awful...

THIS.

I mean come on, why have we started deserting the things that have served us so well?

Passing it on the floor

High tempo

Pressing

Pace

Quality

Consistent starting 11 (that includes our best players)

It's not complicated, I've no idea why Pearson is making it so.

THIS.

I mean come on, why have we started deserting the things that have served us so well?

Passing it on the floor

High tempo

Pressing

Pace

Quality

Consistent starting 11 (that includes our best players)

It's not complicated, I've no idea why Pearson is making it so.

If it was that easy no team would ever lose, the problem is the opposition keep trying to win as well.

We're no where near as good a we thought we were. It's going to be a long season

You see, I don't agree with that at all.

We will be fine if Pearson and the players get their heads out of their arses and go back to doing what they do best.

That's why it's so frustrating. We're a far better side than both Newcastle and Burnley - Palace too probably. But we haven't turned up 3 games running. We know we're better than that.

Shite game shite atmosphere and a shite 4 hour bus journey home

I do feel really bad for the Leicester fans that went all the way to Newcastle just to see that nonsense. Pearson needs to own up for today and the players need a serious kick up on their backsides. 

The worry is that the difference between finishing 13th and 18th is the ability to beat the poorer sides in the league. Burnley and Newcastle fit into that category, and we've picked up one point. These are exactly the kinds of results you could end up looking back on with a feeling of 'if only' by the end of the season.

I agree with you in the fact that the last three results are of course concerning. I just don't think we can't start talking about slipping into the relegation spots after a run of three disappointing results.

And whoever said "I'm not sure if Pearson is the man to turn it around" is an absolute clown.

Fine margins in this league although we seemed to lack belief to me today. For a team who were so good in the first 5 games we look to have lost all confidence.

Very tough game next week but we'll have runs like this this season. We're slowly eroding the benefits of the good start but we are far from 'doomed' as has been suggested here.

Archived