Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Hamer

What a difference it made having a keeper coming off their line to punch clear, helping the defence and avoiding the ball dropping to opposition forwards or onrushing midfielders in our box.

Some good shot-stopping on show too

If only we'd had it over the past quarter of the season

What a difference it made having a keeper coming off their line to punch clear, helping the defence and avoiding the ball dropping to opposition forwards or onrushing midfielders in our box.

Totally agree, a lot more solid and commanded his area more than Kasper. Save from Toure was top notch too.

His kicking at times was crap.

So is Kasper's!

I'm just happy we have two quality keepers. Hamer is long term option for me.

Tbh he had very little to do. Just to pick the ball out the net. His distribution wasn't great. We will really see how good he is over the next couple of weeks.

He didn't have a lot to do in fairness. I want to praise him but there isn't a lot to comment on. One good punch a couple of decent saves. That's it really. The defence sorted everything else out.

Correct

his punch landed to a player on the edge of the box.

Let's see how he does next week against a team that load the ball into the box.

Let's see how he works with our defenders too. I fancy him in goal more than Kasper for the West Ham game with his height. I wish his beard was more an angry beard than a hipster one though. Bet he loves a craft beer.

Do not underestimate just how much more pressure you create for yourselves if you allow the ball to drop rather than be punched clear.

Although next week is a different kettle of fish as West Ham pepper the box with balls... And that will make this ability even more important, because the situation would be worse if those kind of balls aren't dealt with, that's what percentages that Big Sam plays is all about

MUCH better than Kasper. I just hope he keeps it up and it isn't a case of when Kasper is back to fitness he'll walk back into the team.

I pretty confident if Kasper was playing today we'd have conceded more than 1.

Also, nice to have a keeper than can kick straight.

A definite improvement on Kasper. Time will tell whether he's a Premier keeper, but he's proven to be the best we have.

I think crosses into the box have been our obvious weakness for a couple of years now and sides have picked up on that. Maybe now we can change that without that showboating starjumping pretentious tosser between the sticks.

Archived