Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just now, Countryfox said:

Big fight between Matt and Alf, massive !! ...   all about a terrorist who was really a werewolf or summit ....     Alf wandered off badly bruised and shaken with many an FT'er running after him like the little lad at the end of the Shane film with Alan Ladd, all clamouring for him to return ....     Matt, cus he was so brutal sadly got banned ...     no real winners.    Dust just settling now over FT land and Rince has pointed out that he met Matt once and he appeared quite normal and had no visible horns coming out of his head ....   

lol 

Tough day.

My father-in-law is terminally ill with cancer and he's just entered the end of life period. He wants to die at home, so my missus has moved in to care for him for the duration, however long that may be - the doctors are being infuriatingly evasive about the timescale, but I'm thinking days/weeks.

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Tough day.

My father-in-law is terminally ill with cancer and he's just entered the end of life period. He wants to die at home, so my missus has moved in to care for him for the duration, however long that may be - the doctors are being infuriatingly evasive about the timescale, but I'm thinking days/weeks.

That's awful for you and your wife, I had the same with my mother a few years ago. It's a horrible thing to go through.

Just now, Webbo said:

That's awful for you and your wife, I had the same with my mother a few years ago. It's a horrible thing to go through.

Yeah.

My missus is usually tough at times like this, but she's not handling it very well - I'm the one having to hold everything together and it's hard.

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

Sat in the Royal with my wife who appears to have meningitis. Shit day. Makes sackings, traitors and new managers seem quite trivial 

We're all with you mate ...

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah.

My missus is usually tough at times like this, but she's not handling it very well - I'm the one having to hold everything together and it's hard.

And you Bucey.

• Like 3

Man not good news on here today. Flan,  hope your wife will be ok.

Buce, its a tough thing  to deal with. For my mum we were supposed  to get her into  a palliative care home for the last few days but unfortunately she didnt make it there. She passed the day or so before moving at the age of 57. Had been in the hospital for like 3 months and we were all with her when she passed. Worst day of my life ever and every time i hear about this cancer crap others deal with it brings back the pain.  I can only wish that your FIL passes peacefullly with his loved ones at his side. Much respect.

• Like 4

On 27/02/2017 at 17:00, Buce said:

Tough day.

I entirely sympathise about the doctors but have just had a cancer-victim friend pass away in the US having been moved into end-of-life care and he was gone within a week, very peacefully I should add. There's no easy way to cope with the impending loss of someone so close except to celebrate their life and give thanks for the privilege of knowing them.      

Edited by Thracian

21 hours ago, Buce said:

Yeah.

All the best Buce, i know its not easy being the one who has to stay strong but you can do it. 

My day was entirely made by the brilliance of our performance against Liverpool and three vital, if not necessarily anticipated, points. I sincerely hope it marked the start of a new adventure in which we finally establish ourselves as a Premiership team of consequence. A team that can compete in every arena and genuinely contest the proper prizes with a bit of style.

Too many people decry the potential of our club but we're officially one of the richest in the world and even if we weren't we're not one of the paupers. We can buy players and mould our own if we get the right people to do it so there really are no limits to our potential. I watched us in Seville and both second half and last night against Liverpool we gave as good as we got and without ever hitting the heights in Spain.

So yesterday was a galvanising day for me and I'd love that mood to continue..          

Came down with a cold throughout the day yesterday, hitting full stride just in time for my 2 days off this week so today's been pretty shitty and no doubt tomorrow will be too before I'm perfectly fine to start work on Friday morning.  This is the biggest injustice of the year so far.