Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Foods That You Hate

Tomatoes... Hate them

I don't understand tomatoes. Tomato puree, ketchup, tomato soup, sundried, passata - loads of products that are either 100% tomato or tomato-based are really nice, but raw tomato is disgusting and fleshy and completely overpowers other things. I always feel like a fussy nob when I have to take a big slab of hideous tomato out of a burger, but it has to be done

Celery can fvck right off too. Nasty flavour, horrible rough, stringy texture

I don't understand tomatoes. Tomato puree, ketchup, tomato soup, sundried, passata - loads of products that are either 100% tomato or tomato-based are really nice, but raw tomato is disgusting and fleshy and completely overpowers other things. I always feel like a fussy nob when I have to take a big slab of hideous tomato out of a burger, but it has to be done

Celery can fvck right off too. Nasty flavour, horrible rough, stringy texture

I always take that and/or lettuce out of a burger.

Lettuce literally has no point at all. 

I think tomatoes are a magnificent foodstuff.

Mushrooms too. And all the while there are animals out there enjoying quiche.

On the baked beans theme, one thing I absolutely cannot deal with (and I know this makes no sense) is mixing ketchup with baked beans. Something about it makes my stomach turn.

I used to hate fennel as a kid, but have grown to like it. Sort of. Not my regular choice on the plate, though.

Similarly, I had an anti-tomato phase as a teenager.

These days, my antipathy is directed towards fatty food and meat that comes with too much fat (although some fat is fine as it adds to the taste and juicyness).

I also can't stand innards, but beef tripe I can tolerate to a certain extent - if done correctly.

I think tomatoes are a magnificent foodstuff.

Mushrooms too. And all the while there are animals out there enjoying quiche.

On the baked beans theme, one thing I absolutely cannot deal with (and I know this makes no sense) is mixing ketchup with baked beans. Something about it makes my stomach turn.

Baked beans and brown sauce on the other hand is an epicurial  delight.

Egg is a strange one. I like egg fried rice, but I couldn't eat an egg sandwich or scrambled egg etc. Im just odd.

yeah I don't like egg sandwich but will have scrambled egg or soft-boiled eggs. Don't like hard-boiled eggs though :/

i'm not keen on soft boiled eggs. I do like scotch eggs, scrambled poached and fried if the yolk is broken and no fatty edges.

Shredded Wheat  is another thing I avoid. Can't think of a lot of foods I will not try at least once

I always take that and/or lettuce out of a burger.

Lettuce literally has no point at all.

The lettuce is pretty inoffensive, I think it's just there to make you feel like you're eating something healthy but yeah it doesn't bring anything to the party. Gherkins have a zing and a crunch that complements the meat, when people take them out I yoink them off their plate. If I ever eat McDonalds (not often) I'd sooner take the burger out than the gherkins

Archived