Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

The Anthony Knockaert Appreciation Thread

Was really looking forward to Knocky making the step up and I believe he could given the chance... Ppl bang on about how slow he is but he has decent speed and would be able to contribute effectively to a game with his quality.

Such a shame, I can't see him playing for us again unfortunately

A winger doesn't have to have pace, but if they don't they do need guile and while Knocky doesn't have as much of that as some wingers he can beat players and when he does he causes problems. Add to that his defensive qualities and the big one - desire. When he's on the pitch he gives it his best shot and that sort of enthusiasm is contagious and can lift the team. He may not get many chances in the Premier League but I'd hate us to be in the Championship without him.

Shame he didn't get a decent shot but that's football! Players come and go and I'm just grateful for the good times he's given us, and when he has played he's put nothing less than 110% in.

The emotions he showed proves how much it meant to him and as some people saying he has "regressed" as a footballer. I personally think we have made him as one.

Good luck to the young lad!

I'll never see a brace as good as his at Huddersfield at a live game again.

His first was incredible. There's only one angle covering the replays, which does not do the goal justice. Wish I could see it from behind at a lower angle. The ball moved so much. I remember texting my Dad saying I've just seen the goal of the season. Then he topped it in the same game. Absolute scenes. 

For a manager who only regresses players he's done fairly well to get to the premier league with us from league one. As for regressing players, people like Knockaert, Mahrez, Vardy have come from lower leagues and become premier league and international players in Mahrez's case. I doubt they are sitting there thinking they have regressed.

Mahrez hit the ground running, that's why he became an international. Over time he has been getting worse and worse.

Vardy is a good example of a player who has improved. I can't think of any others.

Liam Moore has gone from future England star to championship no hoper. Andy King has gone from regular goalscoring midfielder to bit part player.

Can you honestly look at players like De Laet, Drinkwater, Schlupp etc and say they improved at all? I can't. At ages where they should be improving rapidly, they're stagnant.

That's definitely a sign of poor coaching to me.

Absolutely love Tony to bits. Sadly his lack of pace doesn't fit in with how we have set up this season. That is why Schlupp get's games. He has the pace and power (but not much else to be honest). Vardy the same, he's picked for his speed, not his technical ability. I still think Tony is worth a squad place and if we go down as looks likely I'd have in the team over Jeff every day of the week. Sadly I think he'll go despite the contract offer.

de laet has definitely improved since he first joined. drinkwater is better now than he was pre pearson. he improved then regressed. you can't slate nigel for his regression unless you're willing to praise him immensely for turning a man yoo reject only given game time by barnsley into comfortably the best midfielder and arguably best player outside the top division. etc etc. schlupp has gone from overhyped youngster to overhyped premier league starter, that's a definite improvement. again, moore was a nobody pre-pearson, is it poor coaching that he turned him into a regular england u21 scouted by the big guys? or are you again just looking at the negative? 

it's swings and roundabouts, the fickle world of football and all that but i massively doubt you'd find many of our squad are in a worse position right now, no matter how bad that position is, than they were before pearson either joined or signed them. cambiasso aside, obviously. 

Mahrez hit the ground running, that's why he became an international. Over time he has been getting worse and worse.

Vardy is a good example of a player who has improved. I can't think of any others.

Liam Moore has gone from future England star to championship no hoper. Andy King has gone from regular goalscoring midfielder to bit part player.

Can you honestly look at players like De Laet, Drinkwater, Schlupp etc and say they improved at all? I can't. At ages where they should be improving rapidly, they're stagnant.

That's definitely a sign of poor coaching to me.

So all the players only get worse with Pearson, yet he's only ever moved us forward? Almost every player has come from a level lower level and moved upwards with the team.

Mahrez has been inconsistent from day 1 at this level.

Liam Moore "future England star" according to who? He lost his place last season in our team as he wasn't good enough.

Do you not think that perhaps Andy King found his level mid championship.

Drinkwater went from on loan at Barnsley to coming second in champ' player of the year... suppose that isn't improvement?. As for progressing this season, it's at an entirely new level. Had it not crossed your mind he's not good enough yet?

"At ages where they should be improving rapidly, they're stagnant." So storming the championship for them last year wasn't an improvement on what went before? It's almost like you expect them to keep stepping up level after level and any hitch in that is down to the manager and not them finding their levels.

Maybe Pearson is a shit coach along with his team, but most of of the players to a man have stepped up from the level there were at and performed. So your argument is weak, unless as I said, you expect them to improve constantly to the highest level. Which, well it isn't going to happen.

knocky's contract expires end of this season?

it would interest me to know if we have negotiated a new contract or knocky simply wants to leave.

Pearson said Knockaert has been offered a "fair" contract.

If he never plays for the club again - which I 100% hope is not the case - then he has certainly given us fans a fair few memories. Some of his flair, tricks and goals were absolutely outrageous. I'll always remember Chris Wood's debut game against Huddersfield when Knockaert destroyed their defence and scored a fine brace.

Chris Powell

“When I won League One with Charlton, I used what I’d learnt at Leicester. I used Nigel’s blueprint. He allowed me to see how a manager should work with his staff, and how he dealt with player issues, coaching issues, preparing for matches and dealing with the external issues people don’t know about. I saw it at first hand. It was just a dream. He was, and is, a big influence on how, as a manager, I deal with people and players.”

“I soon realised that, as a big club, everyone would try to beat us in League One. Nigel handled us brilliantly as a group. I started to help the group with my experience and I really enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed watching the way that Nigel, Craig and Steve Walsh worked. 

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/former-player-remembers-chris-powell-2382447.aspx#SKGEDgG0WHUMRsRo.99

Criminal that he was one of the stars in a rare home win against Villa and was nowhere to be seen in the following games even though Mahrez was away. 

Been some bizarre selections this year and never giving Knocky a chance is right up there. If we stay up Pearson is correct,if we go down then he should explain why he's taken certain decisions that often don;t make sense to many people

• 1 year later...

I ❤️ Knocky.

Easily in my top 5 favourite leicester players of all time.

Top 5 of ALL time!! What about Arthur Chandler, Arthur Rowley, Gordon Banks, Peter Shilton & Keith Weller for starters.

Remember this Club is over 132 years old!!

Top 5 of ALL time!! What about Arthur Chandler, Arthur Rowley, Gordon Banks, Peter Shilton & Keith Weller for starters.

Remember this Club is over 132 years old!!

He said his top 5 favourites, not the best. I doubt he's 132 years old somehow.

Hume, Fryatt, King, Vardy, Kante and Cambiasso are my favourites since I've been going. First had a season ticket in the season we went down to league one. Fair to say it's been a heck of a ride!

Knockaert, Mahrez, Morgan, Howard, Kasper, Berner, Drinky, Hobbs and Oakley all come close though. It's hard to choose. I even loved Naughton and Yakubu when they were on loan

Archived