Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Danny Simpson Guilty - Avoids Jail

Guys people on here wanted him strung up

Then he improved and now we are calling a this group lesbians

Don't know what the mods are doing but some of the above shocking

He should never have been on there he is still serving his sentence

I'm not going to defend Simpson over what he did but the BBC employ all kinds of people - Boy George is on a flagship BBC 1 show and has been up to all sorts.

Where do you draw the line? It's a difficult one.

Not like the BBC have a history of turning a blind eye to personal misdemeanours or anything to be fair....

Guest seanfox778

He wasn't giving relationship tips, he was discussing football. We see him on tv playing football every week via Sky or BBC. I don't see what their issue is, no one is being forced to watch him being interviewed about football, if you don't agree with it change the channel.

I think Simpson's case highlights how thin the line between hero and zero can be.

I felt initial disdain for him because of the juxtaposition of his public persona as a role model, being a nicely-paid footballer and all that, and his erratic and shocking behaviour towards his then-girlfriend.

Thanks to British media, it's hard not to read too much into the story or his fall from grace, followed by salvation and the rise out of the ashes.

Hopefully, he has left his shaky past and the lad culture behind him, has taken some courses as to how to behave himself, how to be a proper person to look up to, how to deal with responsibility and maybe having become a regular first teamer will have helped him, too.

I thought it was interesting how the tone of this thread changed from utter and outright contempt and condemnation for Danny Simpson, to guarded praise for him.

I think the 'lesbian' crap - attempting to minimise and ridicule the comments made by Polly Neate, indicates more about the writers' attitude towards women than the relative importance of her statement.

Two days ago an article on 'Victoria Derbyshire' (BBC2) explored the abuse women refs and line officials get from individuals in the crowd. Some of that abuse was appalling - something about hoping her childwould die of cancer - had I been a steward I'd have thrown the perpetrator out AND informed the police under Section 5 Public Order Act - threatening abusive or insulting, harassing alarming distressing, words, actions or signs. In a public place.

I'm not sure that I agree or disagree with him appearing on Football Focus, I hope he has addressed his anger management issues. We idolise our sports heroes too readily - forgetting that being a decent person is the most important aspect of any individual. OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong - all were worshipped and then turned out to be villains of one sort or another. Maybe it's a reminder not to get too involved or obsessive about football or anything else for that matter.

Good post.

I think Simpson's case highlights how thin the line between hero and zero can be.

I felt initial disdain for him because of the juxtaposition of his public persona as a role model, being a nicely-paid footballer and all that, and his erratic and shocking behaviour towards his then-girlfriend.

Thanks to British media, it's hard not to read too much into the story or his fall from grace, followed by salvation and the rise out of the ashes.

Hopefully, he has left his shaky past and the lad culture behind him, has taken some courses as to how to behave himself, how to be a proper person to look up to, how to deal with responsibility and maybe having become a regular first teamer will have helped him, too.

Do you know where they offer these courses? Asking for a friend like  :ph34r:

Whilst he is still serving his community service I am surprised the BBC invited him on, isn't he also doing A Question of Sport?

I'm also surprised the club sanctioned this especially as there was almost certain be some sort of reaction. We want to keep our players free from any negative distractions. Wait until after his punishment is complete including probation and you can say he is a reformed man.

Personally, I think we should have sacked him and that hasn't changed, but then-again I also think that Vardy got-off lightly considering, although I am not saying that the two are comparable and I certainly do not think that Vardy should have been sacked - before someone says that is what I am saying. I rate Simpson as a footballer but that is irrelevant.

I thought it was interesting how the tone of this thread changed from utter and outright contempt and condemnation for Danny Simpson, to guarded praise for him.

I think the 'lesbian' crap - attempting to minimise and ridicule the comments made by Polly Neate, indicates more about the writers' attitude towards women than the relative importance of her statement.

Two days ago an article on 'Victoria Derbyshire' (BBC2) explored the abuse women refs and line officials get from individuals in the crowd. Some of that abuse was appalling - something about hoping her childwould die of cancer - had I been a steward I'd have thrown the perpetrator out AND informed the police under Section 5 Public Order Act - threatening abusive or insulting, harassing alarming distressing, words, actions or signs. In a public place.

I'm not sure that I agree or disagree with him appearing on Football Focus, I hope he has addressed his anger management issues. We idolise our sports heroes too readily - forgetting that being a decent person is the most important aspect of any individual. OJ Simpson, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong - all were worshipped and then turned out to be villains of one sort or another. Maybe it's a reminder not to get too involved or obsessive about football or anything else for that matter.

Fantastic post

Personally, I think we should have sacked him and that hasn't changed, but then-again I also think that Vardy got-off lightly considering, although I am not saying that the two are comparable and I certainly do not think that Vardy should have been sacked - before someone says that is what I am saying. I rate Simpson as a footballer but that is irrelevant.

If Vardy wasn't a goal machine and Simpson turned into a very solid defender then I suspect there Would have been people on here baying for blood

He hasn't been invited onto loose women FFS.

He's gone on to talk about sport. Given that he is free to do so and that he is serving the sentence the court has given him, I see no problem.

Then trouble is that these women don't see that. They think he is some dangerous women beater looking for his next victim. They talk about equality but seem to think that some people deserve it and some don't.

Do you know where they offer these courses? Asking for a friend like :ph34r:

Most courts refer people and they are provided by 3rd party services

I suggest he speaks to his GP and ask for a referral to the psychology dept at the local mental health trust

Failing that a private psychologist will be able to help

Anger is a very controllable emotion once you put the effort in

He could always join the Army or the Marines. :D

Or take up MMA after he joins the cops !

He hasn't been invited onto loose women FFS.

He's gone on to talk about sport. Given that he is free to do so and that he is serving the sentence the court has given him, I see no problem.

Then trouble is that these women don't see that. They think he is some dangerous women beater looking for his next victim. They talk about equality but seem to think that some people deserve it and some don't.

Serving .....That's the key word!

He isn't rehabilitated , it's a platform he shouldn't be afforded till that sentence was compete and probation finished

I just think the timing was wrong , and I think he was being used by the BBC to fill its cultural mix criteria

Vardy was ignorant and genuinely apologised.

I agree , and I think it was handled correctly

But if he was a shit player many on hear Would have nailed him to the cross for it

If this was Vardy or a popular player you know damn well most people wouldn't be saying "sack him".

Remember when I got called a t**t, a disgrace and offensive for suggesting people view incidents a bit differently if it's a popular player. lol

A lot of the initial outrage was a reaction to Pearsons sacking. If Pearsons son was sacked (which nobody was against at the time) why wasn't Simpson?

Because the incidents were chalk and cheese.

I can't agree with this, Renart.

We have a legal system in place to determine, and implement, a suitable punishment for his crime. Losing his employment as well is punishing him twice for the same offence, and has a disproportionate effect on his life, imo.

Archived