Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Bit of an odd one, we won the same amount of points but I'd say our games were more difficult. In fact it was meant to be "the end of Leicester"

Watford 2 - Norwich 0

Sunderland 0 - Watford 1

Watford 3 - Liverpool 0

Chelsea 2 - Watford 2

Watford 1 - Spurs 2

Swansea 0 - Leicester 3

Leicester 2 - Chelsea 1

Everton 2 - Leicester 3

Liverpool 1 - Leicester 0

Leicester 0 - Man City 0

mahrez also scored more goals than ighalo (from midfield) as well as getting an assist and two MOTMs. guess we can't win both awards every month or something, should obviously have been us. 

Is that Olympic stadium a 100,000 seater? Fookin hell, that's far too big for West Ham, but I've never paid much attention to it, so I didn't know it was that big. The atmosphere will be the worst ever I should imagine. 40,000 fans rattling around in there, will they us use one stand of something? lol The away allocation could be pretty big though. Be interesting to see how many away fans they could get in some games.

Well 80,000, but the point still stands that they can claim they can potentially sell 80000 tickets and can therefore spend more under ffp, whether people buy them or not is not their fault, and we're having to fork out 150 million for the privilege. 

Bit of an odd one, we won the same amount of points but I'd say our games were more difficult. In fact it was meant to be "the end of Leicester"

Watford 2 - Norwich 0

Sunderland 0 - Watford 1

Watford 3 - Liverpool 0

Chelsea 2 - Watford 2

Watford 1 - Spurs 2

Swansea 0 - Leicester 3

Leicester 2 - Chelsea 1

Everton 2 - Leicester 3

Liverpool 1 - Leicester 0

Leicester 0 - Man City 0

One might argue that 10pts from a possible 15 is more of an achievement for a mid table side than it is for a team sitting comfortably in the top 3.

Mahrez should have won player of the month though.

I bet he ends up winning young player of the year and player of the year this season too

he shouldnt win anything until he gets a name that isnt also where you buy olives and cold meats 

One might argue that 10pts from a possible 15 is more of an achievement for a mid table side than it is for a team sitting comfortably in the top 3.

Mahrez should have won player of the month though.

Not really much of an argument, we're Leicester not Man City.

The capacity of the Olympic Stadium will be 54,000.

Cheers for specifying this. We've never assumed nor bragged that we would sell more than this. There were rumors to extend the seating capacity to 60,000 (to meet demand?). 

Filling the 54,000 would be a great accomplishment already. 

Danny Mills on Talk Sport yet again proves he doesn't know what he's talking about, says it's the weakest premier league for years then contradicts himself by then saying there is so much money about in the Premier League that all the mid to lower table sides are all stronger because they now can afford to go out and buy real quality players.

Danny Mills on Talk Sport yet again proves he doesn't know what he's talking about, says it's the weakest premier league for years then contradicts himself by then saying there is so much money about in the Premier League that all the mid to lower table sides are all stronger because they now can afford to go out and buy real quality players.

Mills is worse than Jenas. And that is saying something.

Still more of an achievement for Watford than it would be for us.

So our achievements now get penalised because we've been doing it a couple of months longer than Watford? Completely ignoring the fact we had the harder fixture list.

Whilst I agree that the rest of the league has got stronger, the traditionally top teams, Arsenal and Spurs aside got complacent.

Who would have thought that appointing short term managers and overspending on mid table talent, at home and abroad whilst having no clear or effective philosophy would see them struggle.

Cheers for specifying this. We've never assumed nor bragged that we would sell more than this. There were rumors to extend the seating capacity to 60,000 (to meet demand?). 

Filling the 54,000 would be a great accomplishment already. 

Maybe when you play Fulham they'll bring 20,000

Austin to Southampton for £4m?? That price plummeted.

His contact is up at the end of the season and Ferdinand has stated he'll be going for cut price.

There is no doubt I'd bid for him. Would fit in superbly here.

He's not mobile enough for the way we play. Also major concern re his knees

He's not mobile enough for the way we play. Also major concern re his knees

Yes he is mobile enough. More mobile than Ulloa. And with his worth ethic he would have fit in. He'd have been another threat alongside Vardy (18 goals in a shit QPR team was superb).

Archived