Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

I've not got a problem with Watford getting some credit. They've had a fantastic season considering what was said about them in pre-season. Clever managed with a lot of very good players. Genuinely think Ighalo is one of the best forwards in the division.

Neither have I, from the start of the season I thought they, Arsenal and Spurs were perhaps the most impressive teams. You could tell they were exceptionally well coached in how they set up... still think we had harder fixtures :D

I've got a horrible feeling that me taking the piss out of my Man United supporting friends when Aguero scored that goal is gonna bite me in the arse come May. Imagine if we went into the final weekend of the season still with a chance of winning it with Arsenal and Man City! Hopefully Chelsea would let us win!

****ing hell - that Amartey video. I did think maybe we'd bought him to replace Wasyl, but I think we may be using him a little differently after seeing that. Still be interesting to see if he's more CB or midfield for us.

****ing hell - that Amartey video. I did think maybe we'd bought him to replace Wasyl, but I think we may be using him a little differently after seeing that. Still be interesting to see if he's more CB or midfield for us.

So long as he isn't another Sol Bamba

Neither have I, from the start of the season I thought they, Arsenal and Spurs were perhaps the most impressive teams. You could tell they were exceptionally well coached in how they set up... still think we had harder fixtures :D

I thought they were unfairly written off simply because people equate knowing who someone is to being better than they actually are and vice versa. Watford signed far better players than Bournemouth in the summer but apparently if you're unknown and foreign you're automatically crap. We know as well as anyone that isn't the case. They were plucking out gems when in the Championship. The Udinese link clearly works. I mean who on earth is Odion Ighalo? A total unknown with a strange career trajectory, but he's bloody good. I think they'll stay up and will be there years.

Just watching the mid week MOTD and noticed the amount of empty seats at Man City for the Everton game, for some reason I always thought they sold out.

Huge traffic jam in Manchester that night, lots of people late for the game

I've not got a problem with Watford getting some credit. They've had a fantastic season considering what was said about them in pre-season. Clever managed with a lot of very good players. Genuinely think Ighalo is one of the best forwards in the division.

I thought so too up until Saturdays game at Southampton where Watford were utterly woeful. They had one shot all game (as in on or off target). All teams have their off days but basically Southampton (who have been pretty poor) battered them.

It will be interesting to see how they bounce back.

I agree though. Compared to what was being written about them pre season, they've done very well.

I thought so too up until Saturdays game at Southampton where Watford were utterly woeful. They had one shot all game (as in on or off target). All teams have their off days but basically Southampton (who have been pretty poor) battered them.

It will be interesting to see how they bounce back.

I agree though. Compared to what was being written about them pre season, they've done very well.

Southampton, when on, is dangerous. Just ask Arsenal!

Huge traffic jam in Manchester that night, lots of people late for the game

Ahhh ok that explains that then! Cheers.

They still don't sell out though. The expansion was really strange because they rarely sell out. When I was at Uni in Manc we could get tickets relatively cheap, I know people that went to games against the likes of Juventus.

There fan base is big, and Maine Road used to be full every week, even when they were in league one (doesn't it hold the record!?), but I highly doubt they can fill 60,000. I've spoken to a lot of ex-Manchester City STH's who don't go anymore because the ground isn't full of 100% committed fans (like Maine Road was).

(I wish they still played at Maine Road. Proper ground.)

They still don't sell out though. The expansion was really strange because they rarely sell out. When I was at Uni in Manc we could get tickets relatively cheap, I know people that went to games against the likes of Juventus.

There fan base is big, and Maine Road used to be full every week, even when they were in league one (doesn't it hold the record!?), but I highly doubt they can fill 60,000. I've spoken to a lot of ex-Manchester City STH's who don't go anymore because the ground isn't full of 100% committed fans (like Maine Road was).

Premier league football certainly does attract a different kind of supporter than the lower leagues! I was just shocked at the amount of empty seats and the traffic jam would largely explain why, although I get what you're saying.

A mate was telling me its a way of getting round ffp rules and spending on new players because they have created the potential for more revenue, which is probably why west ham are moving to a ready made 100,000 seater even though they'll only ever half fill it. 

Guest CityFan 06

Credit to Watford for getting those awards. Ighalo has been fantastic and Flores is doing a great job there. As a general side, they are very impressive.

Also interesting to see how we've not had many injuries at all this season. Our medical staff are top notch.

A mate was telling me its a way of getting round ffp rules and spending on new players because they have created the potential for more revenue, which is probably why west ham are moving to a ready made 100,000 seater even though they'll only ever half fill it. 

Is that Olympic stadium a 100,000 seater? Fookin hell, that's far too big for West Ham, but I've never paid much attention to it, so I didn't know it was that big. The atmosphere will be the worst ever I should imagine. 40,000 fans rattling around in there, will they us use one stand of something? lol The away allocation could be pretty big though. Be interesting to see how many away fans they could get in some games.

Archived