Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fuchs

The amount of times he cut out crosses and stopped the ball coming in to the box by just standing in the right place was a real eye-opener. I think we Leicester fans, having had years of a declined Konchesky and a converted striker playing LB, had forgotten the kind of things a proper LB can do.

Fuchs stays in the team and Schlupp can share minutes with Albrighton, Dyer and Mahrez on the flanks. Great performance from Jeff as well yesterday too.

The amount of times he cut out crosses and stopped the ball coming in to the box by just standing in the right place was a real eye-opener. I think we Leicester fans, having had years of a declined Konchesky and a converted striker playing LB, had forgotten the kind of things a proper LB can do.

Fuchs stays in the team and Schlupp can share minutes with Albrighton, Dyer and Mahrez on the flanks. Great performance from Jeff as well yesterday too.

Great strength in depth for the manager to use. Could even drop Okazaki and play Mahrez in the hole with Jeff and Marc on the wings. But then you have 3 decent strikers not starting. So many variations on how we can play with the squad we have. It's great!!

Didn't you see the number of times that an attacker got past Fuchs but Schluup was there to cover him.

They were an excellent pair but let's not pretend - especially early in the game - that Fuchs wasn't beaten by the winger. 

Didn't you see the number of times that an attacker got past Fuchs but Schluup was there to cover him.

They were an excellent pair but let's not pretend - especially early in the game - that Fuchs wasn't beaten by the winger.

Fuchs played well, he wasn't perfect but you are right as a partnership they were close to perfect, they are able to interchange and both are comfortable going forward and defending which is ideal. Football is all about those pairings in every part of the field...

He looks solid but for first 15 mins he looked slightly off the pace , especially a few occasions down our left side at the back, right in front of the Leicester fans. However he settled into the game well, but I couldn't see a lot of his side in the second half

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent again today. Best left back for years. Really classy, reads the game so well, throw in's great, and cultured left foot.

And he looks like Ryan Reynolds.

He's always received criticism from some Schalke fans for being a bit less apt at defending than attacking.

I remember a crunching, but fair tackle in the second half where he easily won the ball back. And I knew then that the critics were all wrong - he's a great all-around left-back.

I've been a great advocate of Schlupp as he is young with huge potential. I love his pace and huge engine and he gets up and down the left flank all day long and feared for his place when Fuchs signed.

Fuchs looked average when I seen him in the friendlies and Bury away. Maybe he felt he didn't need to put 100% effort in against this opposition?

After watching him live at West Ham (h), Norwich (a) and yesterday on SNF he looks a class act. He's much more solid defensively than Jeff and has one of the best left foots in the PL. Seeing as we need to score at least twice to win these days I think he'll make that left back position his own. 

The difference between Fuchs and Konchesky is absolutely massive. Konch was our weakest link last season and his individual errors cost us on multiple occasions, the Carroll goal at West Ham springs to mind.

Fuchs fills me with confidence, and I believe has the perfect stature to be a left back. He's strong but also reasonably agile as well.

Great signing on a free and a blatant improvement on what we had last season.

He's been great since he's come in, this perhaps isn't the thread to discuss this but i'm going for it anyway.

Individually I like all out defenders.

Fuchs - Great, offers alot, great crosser, e.t.c

Morgan - Stepped up this season, seems to be better than last season.

Huth - Not as good as last season, but still good and solid.

Simpson - Meh, been better than De Laet (Although De Laet going forward is great, his defending - his job, not so great) but not exactly sold on him yet, the better alternative at the moment though.

As a unit however our defence is pants, gotta be tightened up, i'm being ultra critical as things are going well for us, but it is ultimately what is letting us down and does need addressing but if I can't exactly fault the individuals does that suggest the system.

Archived