Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Leicester City Manager Odds

I'd prefer Di Matteo to a lot of the dross (Redknapp, Dyche, Cotterill, Preki, Lennon etc) and bad fits (Hiddink, Ranieri etc) that have been linked, but his record is sketchy.

The way I see it, the best fit right now is Allardyce, like it or not, but I don't think he is interested. I also think MON would do well with this squad, but can't see him leaving Ireland. I'd love for us to choose a younger manager with potential such as Montella, Gourvennec or even Patrick Vieira but these are the owners who go after the likes of Redknapp and Hiddink as first choices, so I won't hold my breath.

I see he's at 10/1 in some places so it's worth asking, would people be adverse to Gary Neville?

IIt's a hypothetical shout and likely won't happen but he's got the pedigree, got the badges, has worked closely with Roy Hodgson for England over the past few years and would undoubtedly hold the respect of the squad. Plus young, big name, media savvy.

Surely on the face of it fits the bill for our owners?

I'd prefer Di Matteo to a lot of the dross (Redknapp, Dyche, Cotterill, Preki, Lennon etc) and bad fits (Hiddink, Ranieri etc) that have been linked, but his record is sketchy.

The way I see it, the best fit right now is Allardyce, like it or not, but I don't think he is interested. I also think MON would do well with this squad, but can't see him leaving Ireland. I'd love for us to choose a younger manager with potential such as Montella, Gourvennec or even Patrick Vieira but these are the owners who go after the likes of Redknapp and Hiddink as first choices, so I won't hold my breath.

O'Neill, in spite of his decline, would at least like the 3-5-2. The likes of Ranieri, Hiddink and Laudrup might have more trouble dealing with an overload of strikers, in terms of the systems they tend to favour. Maybe.

I see he's at 10/1 in some places so it's worth asking, would people be adverse to Gary Neville?

IIt's a hypothetical shout and likely won't happen but he's got the pedigree, got the badges, has worked closely with Roy Hodgson for England over the past few years and would undoubtedly hold the respect of the squad. Plus young, big name, media savvy.

It would be a risk, but after Preki-gate anyone with at least a small amount of pedigree seems attractive.

Gary Neville comes across really well when summarising on Sky..... Seems to know his stuff.  I'd be willing to give him a go.

Not a bad shout that one

O'Neill, in spite of his decline, would at least like the 3-5-2. The likes of Ranieri, Hiddink and Laudrup might have more trouble dealing with an overload of strikers, in terms of the systems they tend to favour. Maybe.

Exactly. Plus, O'Neill, like Pearson, aims to build a strong team ethic with players that give their all for 90 minutes. I think he'd love working with this squad and I reckon he'd be interested was it not for the worse possible timing in regards to Irelands Euro 2016 qualification hopes.

EDIT:  The twitter point about not talking to players

Well that makes me not want RDM - our team spirit was a massive part of last season.  We need a good man manager.  A manager should not be 'one of the lads' but that seem way too aloof.

Archived