Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

First thought yes over Lennon.

After thinking about it (yes I have met Lennon and drank with him)

Lennon 100%.

He was buying a house when he moved to celtic he did not pull out and said he would retire to it.

As far as I know he still owns it and as he did to start rents it out.

He is 100% city and to a point would be one of the lads.

Can he cut it like anyone else only time will tell.

But I do know he will give it 100% will anyone else?

The thought of Lennon is growing on me by the hour. Weird really because I was very 'Meh' when he became bookies favourite.

God no! Have you have a dog die on you?

Pearson being given the boot pales by comparison...

Some people really are very cut up about this aren't they. Or making out they are anyway.

It's a blow, but it's footy.

I think it's already pretty obvious that some people are both more dependent on football, and care more about individual players and managers, than you do. I'm not having a go at you, that's just clearly true.

I think it's already pretty obvious that some people are both more dependent on football, and care more about individual players and managers, than you do. I'm not having a go at you, that's just clearly true.

It's clear you do Mark.

And others too.

But the club goes on buddy. We'll still be going at the start of the season, just with a different manager.

That's football sometimes.

Come on mate, the bloke went to Russia to manage whilst being very sought after because of the money.

Of course he is coming here for the money.

Just like Sven he's on a massive winner personally whatever happens.

You're probably be right in this day and age, but I'm not convinced entirely with the assumption

He's been football for 40-50 years, so surely he's got a bit in the bank (and probably uses tax avoidance schemes...)?

He's no Massimo Cellino, nor is he a Harry Redknapp, really.

You be right, but I'm not convinced.

He's been football for 40-50 years, so surely he's got a bit in the bank (and probably uses tax avoidance schemes)?

Please like Voldermort you cannot mention his name - just call him Deadcrap

Why on earth would an already very wealthy 68 year old man move to the poorest city in the UK to work with an on-the-verge-of-retering-Cambiasso?

lol lol

Is this place for real...

How on earth is someone working out that Hiddink wants to manage Leicester to work with Cambiasso, who hasn't even yet resigned?

Wtf?

It's clear you do Mark.

And others too.

But the club goes on buddy. We'll still be going at the start of the season, just with a different manager.

That's football sometimes.

Searching for our 13th unique permanent manager in the last 15 years suggests it's football most of the time with City.

You're probably be right in this day and age, but I'm not convinced entirely with the assumption

He's been football for 40-50 years, so surely he's got a bit in the bank (and probably uses tax avoidance schemes...)?

Hmmmmmmm he has been convicted of tax avoidance in Holland.

God no! Have you have a dog die on you?

Pearson being given the boot pales by comparison...

Some people really are very cut up about this aren't they. Or making out they are anyway.

It's a blow, but it's footy.

I feel gutted, i've never felt the club was in better hands than with him. I felt he genuinely cared and that it was possible to build something special here gradually, whilst never endangering our clubs future again.

I'm not going to miss Pearson the man, people go on about it not being Pearson FC. I'm aware of that, my loyalty is to the club not him. And that's the thing, I'm now worried about my club because he was a bloody great manager for us, a steady hand building in what I think is 100% the best way, he shaped the club from top to bottom.

I'm going to miss the job he was doing and how he ran the club, not Nigel Pearson.

Hopefully the owners get the next step right, for their sake on ours. I don't want to be set here regretting the decision in a couple of years.

Money is the ONLY reason he'd contemplate coming to Lestoh.

No harm is being honest with ourselves about that one.

Of course and why would he give a shit?

He's probably only ever heard of us and that's his total knowledge. A bit like us when we hear teams like Agusburg, Getafe or Chievo.

He'll be here two years absolute maximum.

We need an up and coming ambitious manager who's extremely talented and driven to succeed.

Hiddink may as well be Sven.

Guest MattP

Didn't realise he has been convicted of that lol

We can add tax evasion then to the list of things that manages to avoid the Thai 'respect and humility' cultural no no's.

Indeed.

People should possibly be getting used to it.

i think we all were used to it and were all not that bothered for most those years, we didn't have time nor reason to feel "attached" to a manager. pearson is massively different. this is a real shame. 

I feel gutted, i've never felt the club was in better hands than with him. I felt he genuinely cared and that it was possible to build something special here gradually, whilst never endangering our clubs future again.

I'm not going to miss Pearson the man, people go on about it not being Pearson FC. I'm aware of that, my loyalty is to the club not him. And that's the thing, I'm now worried about my club because he was a bloody great manager for us, a steady hand building in what I think is 100% the best way, he shaped the club from top to bottom.

I'm going to miss the job he was doing and how he ran the club, not Nigel Pearson.

Hopefully the owners get the next step right, for their sake on ours. I don't want to be set here regretting the decision in a couple of years.

Exactly my thoughts, who knows what Pearson could have achieved if given 5 years, he should have been allowed at least one more season to see what improvement there could have been over a 5 year project.

He has turned this club around and the players, staff and everyone else are playing for him.

that's why I think it could hurt us unless we bring in the right man. Hiddink may be the only solution just because he will instantly get the respect of the players.

Indeed.

People should possibly be getting used to it.

There's a difference between being used to it and agreeing with it. I'm very used to the fact that managers will get the sack, even if they do do a good job, I just think it's a shitty way to run a football club. The regularity with which managers and players leave football clubs depresses me personally, I want to form emotional attachments to people as well as the club and it seems increasingly difficult to do so. I imagine that one day I'll end up like you, never willing to get too attached to a manger or player because I know they could be out the door any minute, no offence but I think that'll be a sad day.

Of course and why would he give a shit?

He's probably only ever heard of us and that's his total knowledge. A bit like us when we hear teams like Agusburg, Getafe or Chievo.

He'll be here two years absolute maximum.

We need an up and coming ambitious manager who's extremely talented and driven to succeed.

Hiddink may as well be Sven.

Two years !   that's a long time ! 

"The average tenure for a Premier League manager is barely over ONE YEAR.

Steve Clarke was given the boot as West Brom boss on Saturday after a run of four consecutive league defeats, meaning TEN top flight managers have lost their jobs in the last year alone.

If you take out Arsene Wenger's marathon 17-year stay in north London, the average time in a Premier League hot seat stands at just 379 days, according to websitesportingintelligence.com.

In fact, the Frenchman's number of days in charge of the Gunners (6,279 days) nearly adds up to the total of days combined for the other 19 men in charge"  

May 2015

Archived