Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

Lampard said: "I have never seen someone approach it as simply as Hiddink does.

"He knows his stuff. He doesn't over-talk, he doesn't try to fill you with 100 tactics, he just says the important things. There has been no magic wand and there has been no huge difference. That is the beauty of him."

Hands up if you don't want to see Leicester city in Europe ever again.

No one?

Owners have said they want Europe. This will take great managers, great players and lots of money. The managers and players will be merceneries for the most part, that's football now, hiddink is a step in that direction I think, id be more than happy with this. If he comes and stays 2 years, makes us a top 10 side, adds real quality players, then we can attract another quality manager afterwards and the merry go round continues.

I was enjoying watching the progress we were making under np as well, bit could you honestly see us in Europe with him?

Sometimes they take the markets down overnight and then reopen again in the morning.

yeah, this. i remember the first time i noticed this (can't even remember who the manager i'd backed was) but i had them at like 16/1 then through the week they got lower and lower and were eventually odds on until one night the markets closed. thought i was gonna be rich. reopened the next morning and he was like 3/1 and never got the job. 

might've been a liverpool manager a few years ago. can't remember though. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! that's us ****ed then. :( Should have read it four times. Lack of sleep is what I blame! That and our board for taking away my summer!

Pearson being sacked has taken away your summer?

Christ you need to get out more.

lol

It's a yes for me. A manager of his calibre would be a serious coup for a club like ours, yes his age would suggest it'd be a short term appointment but if people seriously think Lennon is the man to develop the club over Hiddink they need to lay off the vino.

Get him in. 

No one?

Owners have said they want Europe. This will take great managers, great players and lots of money. The managers and players will be merceneries for the most part, that's football now, hiddink is a step in that direction I think, id be more than happy with this. If he comes and stays 2 years, makes us a top 10 side, adds real quality players, then we can attract another quality manager afterwards and the merry go round continues.

I was enjoying watching the progress we were making under np as well, bit could you honestly see us in Europe with him?

nah - there would be far too many controversial hotel orientated moments

Guest MattP

"@aussiefox1: @RobTannerMerc dutch newspaper de telegraff claim hes up for one last big challenge.and he will meet lcfc officials"

Any dutch lads that could read that and confirm?

One last big challenge? lol One last big pay off. And he'll probably get it as well.

We'll never learn will we.

The only positive I can take from this is it's probably a better appointment than Lennon.

If the Thais are serious about wanting to move up to the next level then imho they should approach David Moyes - he'd be a long shot but not impossible.

Ticks all the right boxes for me: proven in the prem,wealth of experience with out being over the hill, has a point to prove, gritty northern fella, hard as nails.

I feel like my dog just died!!!

God no! Have you have a dog die on you?

Pearson being given the boot pales by comparison...

Some people really are very cut up about this aren't they. Or making out they are anyway.

It's a blow, but it's footy.

If the Thais are serious about wanting to move up to the next level then imho they should approach David Moyes - he'd be a long shot but not impossible.

Ticks all the right boxes for me: proven in the prem,wealth of experience with out being over the hill, has a point to prove, gritty northern fella, hard as nails.

I would honestly take Moyes with open arms.

yeah, this. i remember the first time i noticed this (can't even remember who the manager i'd backed was) but i had them at like 16/1 then through the week they got lower and lower and were eventually odds on until one night the markets closed. thought i was gonna be rich. reopened the next morning and he was like 3/1 and never got the job.

might've been a liverpool manager a few years ago. can't remember though.

try and remember, please for the love of god try, man.

I'm with Scouse on this one..

Meh....

Sacking Pearson to get 68 yr old Hiddink?

Meh

What's the risk?

I don't think he's coming for the money, very unlikely, and I think he feels he needs one last chance of 'success' to get his memory of managing the Netherlands out.

First thought yes over Lennon.

After thinking about it (yes I have met Lennon and drank with him)

Lennon 100%.

He was buying a house when he moved to celtic he did not pull out and said he would retire to it.

As far as I know he still owns it and as he did to start rents it out.

He is 100% city and to a point would be one of the lads.

Can he cut it like anyone else only time will tell.

But I do know he will give it 100% will anyone else?

No one?

You'd be more than happy with a move towards mercenaries?

I mean that just absolutely baffles me.

Guest MattP

What's the risk?

I don't think he's coming for the money, very unlikely, and I think he feels he needs one last chance of 'success' to get his memory of managing the Netherlands out.

Come on mate, the bloke went to Russia to manage whilst being very sought after because of the money.

Of course he is coming here for the money.

Just like Sven he's on a massive winner personally whatever happens.

Archived