Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Totally agree. Players like Mahrez are very few and even harder to find. Remember also he's still learning and will only get better. One of the things I love about him is coming from warmer climates he never complains about the Weather here even with the very wet winter we've just had.

Nobody is ever irreplaceable but some are more difficult to replace than others and he's certainly in that category.

Le Havre didn't even realize who they had. Mahrez was on short contract and didn't want to renew, but they had no idea what he would become. Holy shitemonster. He always had skills, but could be frustrating. He made the move to exciting and could do the unexpected. He has passed on to the sublime. There was good scouting for sure, but picking a talent up like that for 400k is just not repeatable. You might as well drop a few quid on Leicester to win the title after a great escape from relegation.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=601488

traduction
The Algerian Rihad Mahrez is one of the revelations of the season and one of the most coveted players today,
but the millionaire chairman of Leicester, the Thai Vichai Raksriaksom, want a strong team for the likely participation
in the Champions League, so it does not intend to negotiate the pass of the player, as revealed by the Catalan press.
Mahrez has been one of the references in Leicester, current leader of the Premier League,
where in addition to the 15 goals he has scored, the Algerian also has an impressive 11 assists
brand and is referenced by the main European clubs.

Another thing about Mahrez is that 12 of his 16 goals this season have been away from home. He's only scored 4 home goals, 2 of them against Spurs and Chelsea. That means he turns up away from home. Usually these gloves wearing fancy foreign wingers don't usually fancy it away in a tough environment where the full back will clatter you and the home fans will abuse you for "falling over easily" but Mahrez performs and win games on his own in away matches.

That said I'm not sure he has the mentality to thrive at a big club yet. Maybe be he needs another season with us and maybe next year when he's 26 he can move to Manchester United or Chelsea. I still think there are areas of his game we could refine even more.

Another thing about Mahrez is that 12 of his 16 goals this season have been away from home. He's only scored 4 home goals, 2 of them against Spurs and Chelsea. That means he turns up away from home. Usually these gloves wearing fancy foreign wingers don't usually fancy it away in a tough environment where the full back will clatter you and the home fans will abuse you for "falling over easily" but Mahrez performs and win games on his own in away matches.

That said I'm not sure he has the mentality to thrive at a big club yet. Maybe be he needs another season with us and maybe next year when he's 26 he can move to Manchester United or Chelsea. I still think there are areas of his game we could refine even more.

F**k that, they can accomplish no more than what we can. He moves abroad when he leaves this club.

F**k that, they can accomplish no more than what we can. He moves abroad when he leaves this club.

That's a nice thought and all, but a sponsor may want him at a bigger club if he's ever to sign a major endorsement deal.

That's a nice thought and all, but a sponsor may want him at a bigger club if he's ever to sign a major endorsement deal.

Sure. Let him do that in Spain.

If he's moving to another club in England, that club better be ready to pony up a Sterling-like fee. And that's probably not happening this summer.

I don't think the Club will let him go anywhere, He's contracted to 2019  playing regularly in a good team where there is obviously a very good relationship between the players and Manager. Plus we'll be in Europe one way or another next season. He's also still learning his trade and why putt yourself under intense pressure to deliver at a bigger club.

I'm sure he'll be given a new Contract to keep him here.

That's a great point actually.

Mahrez 4 goals at home and two of them against Spurs and Chelsea which were vital. We've beaten all the teams outside the big six at home for a year now apart from a draw against Bournemouth and West Brom without his goals. Scoring 12 goals away from home is the reason why we're in this position as the team who have the most points away from home.

Without looking I'd bet that Mahrez's goals are responsible for more points than anyone else in the league this season.

I don't think the Club will let him go anywhere, He's contracted to 2019  playing regularly in a good team where there is obviously a very good relationship between the players and Manager. Plus we'll be in Europe one way or another next season. He's also still learning his trade and why putt yourself under intense pressure to deliver at a bigger club.

I'm sure he'll be given a new Contract to keep him here.

I believe this too, mostly due to him having very little player power apart from throwing a sulk if he tries to force a move through, and no player comes out the other end looking good.  

I think some of the fans are being blinded by Barca as if the whole footballing world bends over for them.  Players being courted might but the clubs don't as they are the ones that will be losing their future talent and potential big transfer fee or their best player.  If i'm running a business I want to keep hold of these so that we grow not be in a worse position having to compete on a higher level than previously.  If I was the clubs owners I wouldn't sell to any of the 'big five' that had the secret meeting last week.

If a Prem club puts a bid in it will have to cost more than what they have spent on lesser players.  He wont go for less than Benteke, Martial, Pedro (who we should try to go for)Lamela, any Man City player.  If it's from a club like Bayern/Barca/Real then I hope that the club stings them on the back end like Monaco have done to United and Atletico did to Barca for Turan.

If we let Mahrez at the end of the season being in the top 3 a CL place, we will look like the biggest idiots in the footballing world.

We got Gray for a cheap price, i'd be annoyed if I was a Brum fan the same as if we end up losing Chilwell to Arsenal.

The scouts are good but they will never find another Mahrez/Vardy but I hope i'm proven wrong.  Our targets will be people already on the radar making a name for themselves and able to fit in the team offering something else and more, if thats the case then we should already him in place ready to fill the void left by Mahrez.

If he wants to go in the summer then it will show no loyalty to the club that has given him this chance to shine and short term ambition rather than a career defining move.  If he puts in a transfer request then fuch him as that means we doesn't want to be at this wonderful club and good luck in the final 10 mins of a game once Messi has scored 4 goals.  If he doesn't then i'll continue to love that wrinkly brow and step over of his.

The nearest players out there to Mahrez that could fill the gap left by him are Yarmolenko at Dynamo Kiev, Willian or Mkhitaryan at Dortmund.  All would cost us a fortune and would be on 100/150K+ wages to join and have less impressive stats this season.

I believe this too, mostly due to him having very little player power apart from throwing a sulk if he tries to force a move through, and no player comes out the other end looking good.  

I think some of the fans are being blinded by Barca as if the whole footballing world bends over for them.  Players being courted might but the clubs don't as they are the ones that will be losing their future talent and potential big transfer fee or their best player.  If i'm running a business I want to keep hold of these so that we grow not be in a worse position having to compete on a higher level than previously.  If I was the clubs owners I wouldn't sell to any of the 'big five' that had the secret meeting last week.

If a Prem club puts a bid in it will have to cost more than what they have spent on lesser players.  He wont go for less than Benteke, Martial, Pedro (who we should try to go for)Lamela, any Man City player.  If it's from a club like Bayern/Barca/Real then I hope that the club stings them on the back end like Monaco have done to United and Atletico did to Barca for Turan.

If we let Mahrez at the end of the season being in the top 3 a CL place, we will look like the biggest idiots in the footballing world.

We got Gray for a cheap price, i'd be annoyed if I was a Brum fan the same as if we end up losing Chilwell to Arsenal.

The scouts are good but they will never find another Mahrez/Vardy but I hope i'm proven wrong.  Our targets will be people already on the radar making a name for themselves and able to fit in the team offering something else and more, if thats the case then we should already him in place ready to fill the void left by Mahrez.

If he wants to go in the summer then it will show no loyalty to the club that has given him this chance to shine and short term ambition rather than a career defining move.  If he puts in a transfer request then fuch him as that means we doesn't want to be at this wonderful club and good luck in the final 10 mins of a game once Messi has scored 4 goals.  If he doesn't then i'll continue to love that wrinkly brow and step over of his.

The nearest players out there to Mahrez that could fill the gap left by him are Yarmolenko at Dynamo Kiev, Willian or Mkhitaryan at Dortmund.  All would cost us a fortune and would be on 100/150K+ wages to join and have less impressive stats this season.

Wow... Get in touch with reality, will you? You don't think Mahrez has leverage or ambition? You are loyal to yourself first and foremost and no-one should get all emotional, resentful or teary-eyed if he has dreams of playing at a higher level than Leicester City (whom he hadn't even heard of prior to joining).

He doesn't have to be particularly thankful to us either. He's contributed from day one thanks to his dazzling talent and application. If anything, we/the club should be thankful for what we got out of a small investment.

If Barcelona show serious intent, then I'm sure he'll be off and rightly so. We do not have to sell on the cheap, but as long as the price is acceptable, we won't say no. After all, far richer clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool didn't say no when they sold Ronaldo, Fabregas, Bale and Suarez respectively to Real/Barca, so what makes you think we will?

As for which players could replace Mahrez, how the heck would you know? Did you know about Mahrez 2½ years ago? No, right? There are many lesser known and less established players out there with the potential he had when he first came.

If Barcelona show serious intent, then I'm sure he'll be off and rightly so. We do not have to sell on the cheap, but as long as the price is acceptable, we won't say no. After all, far richer clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool didn't say no when they sold Ronaldo, Fabregas, Bale and Suarez respectively to Real/Barca, so what makes you think we will?

As for which players could replace Mahrez, how the heck would you know? Did you know about Mahrez 2½ years ago? No, right? There are many lesser known and less established players out there with the potential he had when he first came.

The problem is whether the club has the patience to develop players with high ceilings with meaningful playing time. Finding another player like Mahrez is very improbable in any case. With the scouting infrastructure the club has, it's more probable, but still improbable.

And the concern is that if the club grows big enough, suddenly you're in that "tweener" range where you can't afford to take as many risks leaving a starting spot open for "raw" players like Mahrez and Kante when the opportunity cost is someone more established. That's the conundrum big clubs face all the time -- why they pass on obvious talents like Mahrez and Kante in their first go-arounds --, and it's an interesting set of thoughts as our club continues to grow too.

Wow... Get in touch with reality, will you? You don't think Mahrez has leverage or ambition? You are loyal to yourself first and foremost and no-one should get all emotional, resentful or teary-eyed if he has dreams of playing at a higher level than Leicester City (whom he hadn't even heard of prior to joining).

He doesn't have to be particularly thankful to us either. He's contributed from day one thanks to his dazzling talent and application. If anything, we/the club should be thankful for what we got out of a small investment.

I am in touch with reality thats why I said what I believe much like you giving your opinion which I would reply with your opening line. No need for the aggressive and patronising response though. I don't think the club will sell unless the offer is worth it and losing Mahrez when we could be playing in the CL is a stupid business decision and not worth it for them, financially or team strength wise.

Moving to Barca is short term ambition (money, boyhood team etc) he is ambitious as a player so he would have a limited platform to show his amazing talent. Riyad has been mardy when he was benched in the past, how will he feel if he doesn't even get to start or make the bench for a team like Barca, he would be slaughtered in the Spanish press if he acts up. They would never drop Neymar or Messi for Riyad no matter what and he'll never get to show the world how good he is playing for them off the bench or in the cup.

I named some top class players that are similar to Riyad who would walk in and contribute at a high level, that's what we need to fill any gap not potential. Who are these lesser known players out there that have the potential? At least give us names to check out rather than a blank statement.

Archived