Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Oh give me a fooking break, Mahrez is what we always wanted Knocky to be.

Absolutely this.

Knocky was worshipped here as we hadn't had a player like him for a good long while. Then Mahrez came in and I personally thought well if he ends up being as good as Knocky, then he'll be a hero as well.

Don't forget that when Mahrez came in, Pearson said he wasn't ready for the first team. But he forced his way in almost straight away, and as great as Knocky was for us, he's half the player Mahrez has become - and I'm probably being generous.

I love them both but Mahrez is different gravy.

Knockaert was great to watch and an important player for us in the Championship and I think was quite an important signing for us as he indicated a different level of player being bought to the club we hadn't seen in a good while.

Fishing aside, I also agree he could easily become a decent or good Premier League player over time and I really hope he does because I'll always love him for his flair, his enthusiasm and his important and/or ridiculous goals, but he'll never become one of the absolute best players in the country like Mahrez has become.

Keep playing like you do Riyad, keep be selfish, keep lose the ball, keep be frustrating to some, keep be lazy and keep giving assists as you do, keep scoring, keep having amazing little touches that we enjoy to watch and keep helping Leicester be on top and let those moaners moan they will realize how great u r too late when u r long gone. Go on Leicester.

He can be a little frustrating but it's usually after he's dribbled past 4 or 5 players.

He's 25 and this is his 1st season where he has played regular top flight football! I think we do forget that. He's got a lot to learn still but he is definitely learning and improving as he goes along. He's shown at times this year he knows when to make the pass, when to go past the man etc... he's just maybe not as consistent as the top class players are.

For me, there's no doubt that he will reach that level of consistency. He is a joy to watch. I don't think I've ever seen a player at LCFC (and maybe anywhere bar Messi) who can beat 2 or 3 men regularly with ease just through dribbling and close control. He doesn't really do that many fancy skills it's just the burst of pace and weight of his touch that beats the man.

You have to take the rough with the smooth with him but my god we would be so much worse off without him!

Whenever he gets on the ball pretty much 99% of the crowd get excited that something great could happen. That sort of player is the reason we pay to watch football!

Clubs want to buy as early as possible while the price is affordable before the price eventually sky rocket.

It's the selling clubs that sees it your way.

They might think like that, but it doesn't mean it's clever. Mahrez is as good as he is because when he signed we were playing a level below, and we could afford his teething troubles. He's grown with the club, like Vardy, Morgan, Drinkwater. If Mahrez or Vardy had signed for Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea etc, they'd never have made it because they both took time to adjust, by which point they'd have been written off.

Give it a season more, and either

1. Leicester will be tangibly big enough for his ambitions

2. He'll be a better player ('Barca-ready') and be sold for megabucks.

3. He'll show that he's not quite good enough for the huge teams

In any case, it will be fun finding out which it is!

how on earth he's still making a living out of the "look like i'm cutting onto my left, dip to the right and leave the defender for dead" routine is beyond me. two whole years now and not one defender has read it. do they even watch videos of him? he does it EVERY time. 

Not sure that they haven't read it,  - more likely it scares the living crap out of them and they often freeze like a rabbit in headlights and fail to commit because they don't want to be humiliated. Classic example  - and there are many this season - was Azpilicueta, hesitated, stood off, failed to close him down and run him wide or force him onto his wrong foot...allowed him time and within seconds it was in the back of the net. James Chester looked paralysed by fear every time Riyad ran at them on Tuesday.

If Knockaert was a bit more mobile he'd be in this league I reckon, he's got a lot more ability than given credit for, very nice dribbler, very creative and could score goals. Just so happens Mahrez is better at all three.

I reckon Knockaert is better than Gradel. I'm prepared to be shot down.

When he's gone and playing elsewhere, that's when we will all realise what a truly sensational player we had in our midst. Most of us do already to be fair. He is bordering on world class, as is Kante. To have two potential world class players in their prime and in our team at the same time is the stuff of dreams. It has never happened before in my 40+ years of following the Foxes. Let's enjoy them both while we can.

My favourite thing about Mahrez is watching the games on a grainy, jumpy stream, he's stood still with the ball in front of 2 defenders, and then suddenly he's gone through them and you've got no idea how! See it later on MOTD in HD, still can't tell. Oh here's a slow mo replay...nope still don't get it. And by the look of their slow mo faces, neither do the defenders.

If Knockaert was a bit more mobile he'd be in this league I reckon, he's got a lot more ability than given credit for, very nice dribbler, very creative and could score goals. Just so happens Mahrez is better at all three.

I reckon Knockaert is better than Gradel. I'm prepared to be shot down.

But his directness flies in the face of his not being particularly mobile. He loses the ball too much and doesn't have it yet to beat Premier League defenders like Mahrez has done this season.

Hopefully he'll get there.

That goal, that celebration and the fans reaction, felt like a title winning goal or a winning goal in an extra time of a cup final.

Wondering if we gonna have the chance to witness that moment in the Everton game, and wondering who will be scoring that special goal. (Kante surely deserves it and so does Vardy, Mahrez, and every1 for that matter.

was it just cramp or just feigning a hammy to cover up the fact he lost the ball.

is it me or did the commentator on sky sound a bit happy when he said "this could be bad news for leicester"

Martin Tyler is a ****, he was desperate for Watford to score

Archived