Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I honestly don't think this Barcelona link had any truth in it. Barca are bursting at the seams financially. Neymar is on the verge of signing a huge new contract, likewise Messi. Unless they offload a few players i can't see them splashing 25-35 million on Riyad. I spoke to Guilime Ballague the other week as part of my uni course and he said they are massively strapped for cash because of the wages they pay. He even said, the reason it's taking so long for Neymar and Messi to sign new deals, is because the club is struggling to afford both of them. I'm more worried about the likes of PSG or Real tbh.

I honestly don't think this Barcelona link had any truth in it. Barca are bursting at the seams financially. Neymar is on the verge of signing a huge new contract, likewise Messi. Unless they offload a few players i can't see them splashing 25-35 million on Riyad. I spoke to Guilime Ballague the other week as part of my uni course and he said they are massively strapped for cash because of the wages they pay. He even said, the reason it's taking so long for Neymar and Messi to sign new deals, is because the club is struggling to afford both of them. I'm more worried about the likes of PSG or Real tbh.

Ballague really isn't as knowledgeable on matters as people believe.

He's only trusted because he is spanish tbh.

If we get an acceptable offer and it's for one of the elite European clubs (Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve...) then he will go 100%.

Yea, I didn't really put that right. I ment more will he kick up a fuss or a transfer request. I'd have thought he'd be happy to stay. Obviously one of those elite put a bid in and we accept he will go. But we should definitely hold out for big money.

Unless Barca sold players, I couldn't see who Mahrez could get in the first team in place of there. Not even Turan can get a look in, and he'd surely be ahead in the pecking order. Possibly Rakotich but he's hardly put a foot wrong all season.

Real looking to offload James, possibly Ronaldo and who knows, Bale. That makes more sense than Barca, as would a move to PSG.

We don't have to sell him either and it's not beyond the realms of him staying another season via a gentlemen's agreement to move on to a bigger club the following season: Ronaldo Man U  to Real, Bale Spurs to Real, Suarez LFC to Barca...the precedent is there.

Good luck to him if one of the big teams from Spain or Italy come in. But he's got 3 years left on his contract and we don't have to sell unless they come up with the right value. I wouldn't want to see him go for less the 35

Good luck to him if one of the big teams from Spain or Italy come in. But he's got 3 years left on his contract and we don't have to sell unless they come up with the right value. I wouldn't want to see him go for less the 35

35m and a 20% sell on clause !

I remember a few complaints on here when he was pictured in a Barcelona shirt ages ago. Imagine what it'll be like if the Real Madrid fans get a hold of them should he sign for them lol

Is Bayern Munich realistic? They spend a bit of money but seemingly not as much as Barca or Real.

PSG could afford him but I'm not sure he'd go back to France.

Fair play if Barca/Real genuinely want him but we MUST play hardball and not cave in to a ridiculous fee. He is up there with the best in the world on current form so he is easily worth £50m. I fear that because we are seen as a small club they will not offer what he is truly worth.

The good news is he is tied in to a decent contract so we can afford to reject offers that do not meet our valuation. I also feel that out of the big 3 we have, he is the most replacable.

Fair play if Barca/Real genuinely want him but we MUST play hardball and not cave in to a ridiculous fee. He is up there with the best in the world on current form so he is easily worth £50m. I fear that because we are seen as a small club they will not offer what he is truly worth.

The good news is he is tied in to a decent contract so we can afford to reject offers that do not meet our valuation. I also feel that out of the big 3 we have, he is the most replacable.

On one hand, Spurs sold Modric to Real for only 30M quid, and Modric had a bigger track record (maybe not the goals, but certainly shows the calibre). At the same time, we didn't have the current transfer fee inflation that's going on now, and the leverage of a few years to run on his contract and the new TV deal.

35-40M and that's fair to all, at least.

On one hand, Spurs sold Modric to Real for only 30M quid, and Modric had a bigger track record (maybe not the goals, but certainly shows the calibre). At the same time, we didn't have the current transfer fee inflation that's going on now, and the leverage of a few years to run on his contract and the new TV deal.

35-40M and that's fair to all, at least.

modric was never comfortably the best player in the league, though. nor, like you say, was there the money involved now. 

there's not really any "comparable" transfers to look at to judge a reasonable fee. we've got so much money, are on such a high and he's so good that his value is infinite. whatever we sell him for (if we sell him, i don't think we will) won't be enough to us, but will, realistically be a stupid amount. 

gonna be a fun summer 

How much did Sterling go for? Double that and then start talking to Barce'. When I read the report that Barce were considering offering 15m, I thought it was April 1 already.

not sure about that, for ages we have lacked a player who will win games with a moment of magic.

the last game as an example, take mahrez away - we dont win.

not sure about that, for ages we have lacked a player who will win games with a moment of magic.

the last game as an example, take mahrez away - we dont win.

but we could find another "flair" player who doesn't do a great deal but then does something ridiculous. our scouting system is great and i'd back them to do that. our whole system is based around vardy and now kante, we lose them and we need to find something much more specific to replace them. we need another vardy or another kante. i watch quite a bit of footy and i've never seen anything like either of them. 

mahrez is very special, and i think he's our "best" player, but if he left we'd get another mahrez, eventually imo. a vardy or a kante would be nearly impossible to replace, and failing to replace them would mean a total overhaul of our system, possibly squad and maybe even behind the scenes too. 

Archived