Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

20/25 million? Are you having a giggle or been on the sauce? Or do you work for the sun?

Doesn't matter that he's not English. He's relatively young, one of the standout players in the whole of Europe this season.

Any fee is likely to be over £40-50 million. If it's not then I'll assume you were in on the negotiation.

I mean, try replacing him for £40 million. Wouldn't be possible in my opinion.

Hazard after last season was priced at £80 million.

Mahrez this season has exceeded him, but what, because he's a Leicester player he's worth cock all?

If Mahrez did this for one of the so-called top 4 clubs then there is no way that he'd be going for less than 40m.

He's on 26 for goals and assists and we've got a quarter of the season left.

If he stays fit he will win Player of the Season IMO Barcelona want him according to the papers and i would not let him leave for under £50m, he is too valuable to us I have seen far worse players go for more money.

Just because he plays for little ol Leicester we will get him for peanuts..... Well unfortunately we aren't little ol Leicester anymore we have the financial backing to reject large bids, he's still got 3 years of his contract left and there's every possible chance we will be playing champions league football next season.... I'm afraid anything less than 35m will be a pointless bid from Barcelona, that being said even if Mahrez kicks up a stink the 35m I said would be bottom line!!! We hold all the aces

Just name one or two players who could do a job as good as him for a transfer fee of less than £30M ..... think hard, there are none.

In todays transfer figures and considering the players potentially available on the market next summer, we shouldn't cash-in anything less than £40m for Mahrez.

I swear, if he goes for the kind of money the Sun keeps mentionning, i would take it as a spit at our faces.

we would all wish him well for Barcelona, but he should stay for champs league next season with us (if we get there)..but in the meantime offer him 100k a week and a minium fee release clause of £70 mill.. if they want him they can pay for him.

Barca might get away with £15m cause it's Barca and we are Leicester. If Mahrez wanted to go for it and the club blocked him it might put his nose out of joint and his performances next season suffer as a result. A bit like Berahino at West Brom.

If we win the league I think he will stay for the Champions League. I would imagine 1 more year to see how far this team can go wouldn't be to much of an ask for him

What salary was sterling on?

It does make a difference to the fee. suspect riyad's new deal last summer was around 40/50k.

if the player wants to leave, we've already said we won't stand in his way so just comes down to the fee. He is a lot older than sterling and not English. I reckon around 25/30 mill would be the price if more than one club was interested. If only barca come calling, think we may only end up with 20/25 mill!

Anyway, win the league and Claudio should be able to convince him to give us next year. with his daughter less than a year old and married to a local girl, hopefully he will want to stay in the area. family seems important to him.

What a mess of a post.

Can you send me the link where it's quoted someone at the club said "we won't stand in his way".

Mahrez turned 25 a fortnight a go, he's still has years left at the top level. Leicester probably weren't that far from paying £20m+ for Musa in January who is almost certainly a lesser player compared to Mahrez. Do you honestly believe we sell a 25 year old Mahrez who still has three years left on his contract this summer for £25m? That's not enough to buy Berahino from West Brom.

The only way he leaves is if he kicks up a fuss and someone offers a fee that will make him one of the most expensive players of all time. 

I think you'll find if he goes to Barca THEY will hold ALL the aces.

Barca might get away with £15m cause it's Barca and we are Leicester. If Mahrez wanted to go for it and the club blocked him it might put his nose out of joint and his performances next season suffer as a result. A bit like Berahino at West Brom.

If we win the league I think he will stay for the Champions League. I would imagine 1 more year to see how far this team can go wouldn't be to much of an ask for him

Did Barca get away with £15m for Suarez?  Or Naymar?

Mahrez might not like it, but he's also not bloody stupid. He knows very well that we're not just going to hand over our prized asset for less than market value, just because it's Barca and just because he wants to go. If they really really want him... then you have to pay for him.

I would rather him stay here and sulk in the reserves and let his contract run down for three years than accept £15m from Barcelona.

Okay we get it Barcelona, you're the world's biggest club and everyone wants to play for you but if you want one of our players you have to pay the fee we set. Don't think you can waltz in and tell us that we have to accept your poverty offer, you can do one.

20/25 million? Are you having a giggle or been on the sauce? Or do you work for the sun?

Doesn't matter that he's not English. He's relatively young, one of the standout players in the whole of Europe this season.

Any fee is likely to be over £40-50 million. If it's not then I'll assume you were in on the negotiation.

I mean, try replacing him for £40 million. Wouldn't be possible in my opinion.

Hazard after last season was priced at £80 million.

Mahrez this season has exceeded him, but what, because he's a Leicester player he's worth cock all?

Sadly in terms of price tag it does.

Plus only been amazing for one season.

15 Million is quite obviously not going to happen though. We'd have absolutely no inclination to sell at that price tag

I've probably said this before but I'd never begrudge Mahrez a move to a superpower (abroad, I'd be more likely to be upset if he moved to an English team.) He's young, ambitious, ridiculously talented and I wouldn't want to stop him playing with some of the best players in the world, but it has to be on our terms and our price tag.

£40-50m as mentioned would probably do it, though if I had my biased harsh head on then I'd say he's under contract for three more seasons, there's no incentive to sell unless we get a fair price, which, considering his talent, his age, his influence on games and the difficulty to replace him, I'd go for about £70m.

Guest ttfn

Sadly in terms of price tag it does.

Plus only been amazing for one season.

15 Million is quite obviously not going to happen though. We'd have absolutely no inclination to sell at that price tag

It's not an "English premium" any more though, it's a Premier League premium.

No English club has any motivation to sell its star player for less than something seemingly ridiculous because of the TV deal. Even last year, Benteke cost Liverpool £32 million and Bony cost Liverpool £28 million - these are both foreign players playing for mid-table or lower clubs (and clubs therefore with comparatively little bargaining power to one likely to be pocketing champions league money as well) a full 12 and 18 months respectively before the new TV deal kicked in.

in the last 10 years 5players in the running for player of the year have been transferred by Premier League clubs - 3 of them (Ronaldo, Suarez and Bale - the other two are RVP and Scott Parker who had little residual value because of their age) have gone for £75 million plus - that is the going rate for an established player in a top league performing at that sort of level.

Obviously Mahrez isn't "established" in the same way as the 3 I mentioned but with there being a total lack of financial incentive for us to sell we'd be mad to let him go for less than £40 million.

If we win the league and are playing champions league football next year then will he even go?

If we get an acceptable offer and it's for one of the elite European clubs (Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve...) then he will go 100%.

Archived