Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

but we could find another "flair" player who doesn't do a great deal but then does something ridiculous. our scouting system is great and i'd back them to do that. our whole system is based around vardy and now kante, we lose them and we need to find something much more specific to replace them. we need another vardy or another kante. i watch quite a bit of footy and i've never seen anything like either of them. 

mahrez is very special, and i think he's our "best" player, but if he left we'd get another mahrez, eventually imo. a vardy or a kante would be nearly impossible to replace, and failing to replace them would mean a total overhaul of our system, possibly squad and maybe even behind the scenes too. 

We were originally scouting Ryan Mendes. You have to be good to be lucky, but it's still luck.

but we could find another "flair" player who doesn't do a great deal but then does something ridiculous. our scouting system is great and i'd back them to do that. our whole system is based around vardy and now kante, we lose them and we need to find something much more specific to replace them. we need another vardy or another kante. i watch quite a bit of footy and i've never seen anything like either of them. 

mahrez is very special, and i think he's our "best" player, but if he left we'd get another mahrez, eventually imo. a vardy or a kante would be nearly impossible to replace, and failing to replace them would mean a total overhaul of our system, possibly squad and maybe even behind the scenes too. 

i accept you cant really find another vardy type player or kante.

when you say 'eventually' do you mean sign an unknown and give him a year or two to develop to mahrez standard?

if not, what like for like replacements are there available? (players that would want to play for us)

We were originally scouting Ryan Mendes. You have to be good to be lucky, but it's still luck.

which sort of proves the point that players like mahrez can be found more regularly with the right eye. we found him by accident. we'd find another flair player who fits this system imo. probably not as good as mahrez, that'd be ridic, but a premier league standard one for sure. 

i accept you cant really find another vardy type player or kante.

when you say 'eventually' do you mean sign an unknown and give him a year or two to develop to mahrez standard?

if not, what like for like replacements are there available? (players that would want to play for us)

i have no idea, i just think it's easier to find one player to come in for mahrez in this system than the other two, and obviously it'd be easier to find one than to uproot everything that's made us a success so far. all you need to do is look at how bad we were when vardy wasn't fully fit compared to when we left mahrez out against norwich (a). 

It's not an "English premium" any more though, it's a Premier League premium.

No English club has any motivation to sell its star player for less than something seemingly ridiculous because of the TV deal. Even last year, Benteke cost Liverpool £32 million and Bony cost Liverpool £28 million - these are both foreign players playing for mid-table or lower clubs (and clubs therefore with comparatively little bargaining power to one likely to be pocketing champions league money as well) a full 12 and 18 months respectively before the new TV deal kicked in.

in the last 10 years 5players in the running for player of the year have been transferred by Premier League clubs - 3 of them (Ronaldo, Suarez and Bale - the other two are RVP and Scott Parker who had little residual value because of their age) have gone for £75 million plus - that is the going rate for an established player in a top league performing at that sort of level.

Obviously Mahrez isn't "established" in the same way as the 3 I mentioned but with there being a total lack of financial incentive for us to sell we'd be mad to let him go for less than £40 million.

I get what you mean but there is still an English premium.

Mahrez would be worth 50+ if he was English, absolutely no drama (as would Bony or Benteke) as it is I think the most we will get for him is 35.

which sort of proves the point that players like mahrez can be found more regularly with the right eye. we found him by accident. we'd find another flair player who fits this system imo. probably not as good as mahrez, that'd be ridic, but a premier league standard one for sure. 

i have no idea, i just think it's easier to find one player to come in for mahrez in this system than the other two, and obviously it'd be easier to find one than to uproot everything that's made us a success so far. all you need to do is look at how bad we were when vardy wasn't fully fit compared to when we left mahrez out against norwich (a). 

Vardy is essential to the way we play, take him away/play him unfit and we dont/cant adapt neither do we have the options in the squad to do so.

Mahrez will have games or large periods of games where he isnt effective but its better to have him playing because he can win matches on his own.

if mahrez did leave we might be better off looking for a winger who beats his man and puts in quality crosses for newly signed strikers to get on the end of.

Thing is though, with the amount of money in the prem, why would we sell him. Its the same as spurs and Berahino. £21 million offer, yet a club with probably less money than ours, could afford to turn it down. 

in that case lets hope mahrez doesnt throw a tantrum and become a shadow of the player he was.

Mahrez is doing things that only a handful of players in the world are doing at the moment. He is two footed, his first touch and close control are world class and he is contracted to us for another three years. There will also likely be several clubs in for him which will likely inflate his price, including some desperate English clubs will be under pressure to go out and spend the new TV money. Based on the Raheem Sterling/Juan Mata/Memphis Depay/Adam Lallana/anyone Newcastle have bought index I reckon we could easily get £40m for him.

With our track record in the transfer market you’d back us to be able to make significant improvements to our squad with that which would free up the TV money for some spiffy new contracts and long term investment projects so we don’t end up with the whole side torn apart. Either way Vichai and Top are going to be minted in the Summer.

Thing is though, with the amount of money in the prem, why would we sell him. Its the same as spurs and Berahino. £21 million offer, yet a club with probably less money than ours, could afford to turn it down. 

yeah club's don't need to sell anymore but if he wants to go, he goes. what's the point in keeping him, pissing him off, him pissing us off, his value going down as his contract goes down, he gets worse and he gets older. we ruin his career, he gives us nothing in return and we eventually lose him for £10 mill in a few years time after 30 shite performances and 50 games on the bench being "punished". 

horrific decision by west brom not to sell him. 

Vardy is essential to the way we play, take him away/play him unfit and we dont/cant adapt neither do we have the options in the squad to do so.

Mahrez will have games or large periods of games where he isnt effective but its better to have him playing because he can win matches on his own.

if mahrez did leave we might be better off looking for a winger who beats his man and puts in quality crosses for newly signed strikers to get on the end of.

Albrighton would swap wings and either Gray or more likely Schlupp would play left wing

Hit the nail on the head and couldn't have said it better myself. Vardy and Kante are irreplaceable for this team, there hasn't been a holding midfielder with Kante's impact since the Makelele, Vieras of the world. Mahrez is unbelievable but there are other impact players like him out there, look at Payet for example he was under 10m and is on that level.

Hello guys I am from Holand, I became a fan this season! Ive peeked here once or twice and I thought I would make a post here.

I first thought the fans on here would be crazy about mahrez, but ive noticed a lot people are critical even after great games. I think some people are undervalueing mahrez a bit imo. I think he is crucial to your attack, his creativity has decided a lot of games for you. if you would look at all the goals leicester scored this season, he has a hand in like 70% of them. Be it as goalscorer, assister or making the pass before the assist.

A guy like mahrez, with his technique, dribbling skills and efficiency is rare. In the top leaugues only messi and neymar exceed him in those qualities this season. Guys like Vardy and Kante are great hardworking players, but the qualities they posses are far easier to find imo. From those 3 guys mahrez is the most unique.

Hello guys I am from Holand, I became a fan this season! Ive peeked here once or twice and I thought I would make a post here.

I first thought the fans on here would be crazy about mahrez, but ive noticed a lot people are critical even after great games. I think some people are undervalueing mahrez a bit imo. I think he is crucial to your attack, his creativity has decided a lot of games for you. if you would look at all the goals leicester scored this season, he has a hand in like 70% of them. Be it as goalscorer, assister or making the pass before the assist.

A guy like mahrez, with his technique, dribbling skills and efficiency is rare. In the top leaugues only messi and neymar exceed him in those qualities this season. Guys like Vardy and Kante are great hardworking players, but the qualities they posses are far easier to find imo. From those 3 guys mahrez is the most unique.

Jetro Willems, haha, hij is een wonderkid in FIFA!

This.

They were saying on this forum he is the most replaceable. Well, good luck with that ...

football is an entertainment business and Mahrez is the one player who gets us out of our seats the most. We won't find another Mahrez, simple as that.

You can't fault the lad for going to someone like Barca if they genuinely are interested in him, you just have to say thanks and wish him luck.

The price he goes for will depend on the buying club in my opinion. If it's Barca he will go for less than he would if he was going to Man United. We'd surely play hardball with a team in our division, especially if we win the league.

Man United, as big as they are, couldn't keep Ronaldo as he wanted to play for Madrid but Fergie simply asked him

For one more season...maybe we'll do the same with Riyad. Get him to sign a one year extension and give him a massive pay rise, let him win us the champions league, then got to Barca for £100m.

We'd be very lucky to be able to find a replacement with as much impact as him. We'd be looking for someone able to get double digits in assists and goals in midfield, those types of players would cost a ton with wages and be looking at fancier moves than to Leicester. 

We'd be very lucky to be able to find a replacement with as much impact as him. We'd be looking for someone able to get double digits in assists and goals in midfield, those types of players would cost a ton with wages and be looking at fancier moves than to Leicester. 

Totally agree. Players like Mahrez are very few and even harder to find. Remember also he's still learning and will only get better. One of the things I love about him is coming from warmer climates he never complains about the Weather here even with the very wet winter we've just had.

Nobody is ever irreplaceable but some are more difficult to replace than others and he's certainly in that category.

You can't replace, just hope to develop.

Archived