Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Why Kante should be BPL player of the season

January 9, 2016

Sam May takes a look at reasons why N’Golo Kante should be Premier League player of the year.

When the name of N’Golo Kante was banded around the city of Leicester, the Foxes faithful, were saying: Kante who? Ranieri had not been in charge at the King Power Stadium when head of recruitment Steve Walsh came in with the name of N’Golo Kante. A 5ft 7 midfielder from Ligue 1 club Caen in France.

Interestingly boss Ranieri, wasn’t impressed and stated that the 24 year-old didn’t have the attributes to compete in the Premier League. After a few weeks in the side, the Italian realised he had make a mistake with what he had previously said. The 46 year-old stated to his head of recruitment: “Steve, don’t ever listen to me again”, he said to Walsh, smiling. “I don’t know what I’m talking about!”.

Parisian born Kante, who made the move for £5.6 million last summer, has been a standout performer in the heart of the Leicester midfield this season, helping them to a current 2nd place in the Premier League. With all of the headlines going to Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy, it is Kante who should take the plaudits.

Being a tough tackler, and closing down his opponents the French man has made 64 interceptions to date equaling that of Crystal Palace midfielder Yohan Cabaye who are both way ahead of everybody else. He has turned into a King Power hero and has only been with the club five months.

The number 14 has developed a strong partnership with former Manchester United Under 21 Danny Drinkwater. Kante is similar to that of Paul Scholes in both footballing style and stature.

Drinkwater dubs him “the rash” because he appears everywhere, breaking up play and starting off moves. This allows Vardy and Mahrez to really express themselves.

Ranieri stated that he was Leicester’s Claude Makelele when he was quoted saying: “Last season in the first five leagues of Europe, he was No 1 to recover the ball. He is showing his quality now here. He is fantastic because he reads the situation very well. If you look at him, his movement, he attracts the ball. He is very smart and very fast in his movement.”

He also added: He is quiet but he can improve a lot because he can play like a central midfielder like when I had Makelele. Sometimes I put him in wide positions because I want him on the pitch. If you remember well, Makelele was a winger at the beginning of his career and then he came inside for Celta Vigo in Spain, then with Real Madrid and then with us at Chelsea. I think Kante can achieve this position. He is a very good midfielder. When we all watch the video of him chasing the ball everybody says “Wow!”’

To date Kante has made 22 appearances, scoring one goal, which came against Waford back in November of last season and made one assist. Impressive displays came against Swansea and Liverpool where he helped his side to secure a 3-0 win and 1-1 draw, respectively. The fact he knows when to keep the ball and release it is another factor of his game. His sharp Football brain is also an element as is his energy.

Surely it won’t belong before the big boys are chasing him? He would suit the likes of Barcelona, as he is a technical player and would suit their style of play. Either way its this unsung, pocket dynamo that should be Barclays Premier League player of the season, based up his performances thus far.

Sam May

http://backofthenetfootball.com/2016/01/09/why-kante-should-be-bpl-player-of-the-season/

I've been saying it since the beginning of the season. With Kante in our team we'll always be a champions league club. He's probably the best player I've ever seen at Leicester. I can't think of a better midfield player out there in the world right now. He's just so good. I love him.

Why Kante should be BPL player of the season

January 9, 2016

Sam May takes a look at reasons why N’Golo Kante should be Premier League player of the year.

When the name of N’Golo Kante was banded around the city of Leicester, the Foxes faithful, were saying: Kante who? Ranieri had not been in charge at the King Power Stadium when head of recruitment Steve Walsh came in with the name of N’Golo Kante. A 5ft 7 midfielder from Ligue 1 club Caen in France.

Interestingly boss Ranieri, wasn’t impressed and stated that the 24 year-old didn’t have the attributes to compete in the Premier League. After a few weeks in the side, the Italian realised he had make a mistake with what he had previously said. The 46 year-old stated to his head of recruitment: “Steve, don’t ever listen to me again”, he said to Walsh, smiling. “I don’t know what I’m talking about!”.

Parisian born Kante, who made the move for £5.6 million last summer, has been a standout performer in the heart of the Leicester midfield this season, helping them to a current 2nd place in the Premier League. With all of the headlines going to Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy, it is Kante who should take the plaudits.

Being a tough tackler, and closing down his opponents the French man has made 64 interceptions to date equaling that of Crystal Palace midfielder Yohan Cabaye who are both way ahead of everybody else. He has turned into a King Power hero and has only been with the club five months.

The number 14 has developed a strong partnership with former Manchester United Under 21 Danny Drinkwater. Kante is similar to that of Paul Scholes in both footballing style and stature.

Drinkwater dubs him “the rash” because he appears everywhere, breaking up play and starting off moves. This allows Vardy and Mahrez to really express themselves.

Ranieri stated that he was Leicester’s Claude Makelele when he was quoted saying: “Last season in the first five leagues of Europe, he was No 1 to recover the ball. He is showing his quality now here. He is fantastic because he reads the situation very well. If you look at him, his movement, he attracts the ball. He is very smart and very fast in his movement.”

He also added: He is quiet but he can improve a lot because he can play like a central midfielder like when I had Makelele. Sometimes I put him in wide positions because I want him on the pitch. If you remember well, Makelele was a winger at the beginning of his career and then he came inside for Celta Vigo in Spain, then with Real Madrid and then with us at Chelsea. I think Kante can achieve this position. He is a very good midfielder. When we all watch the video of him chasing the ball everybody says “Wow!”’

To date Kante has made 22 appearances, scoring one goal, which came against Waford back in November of last season and made one assist. Impressive displays came against Swansea and Liverpool where he helped his side to secure a 3-0 win and 1-1 draw, respectively. The fact he knows when to keep the ball and release it is another factor of his game. His sharp Football brain is also an element as is his energy.

Surely it won’t belong before the big boys are chasing him? He would suit the likes of Barcelona, as he is a technical player and would suit their style of play. Either way its this unsung, pocket dynamo that should be Barclays Premier League player of the season, based up his performances thus far.

Sam May

http://backofthenetfootball.com/2016/01/09/why-kante-should-be-bpl-player-of-the-season/

That 2nd to last paragraph has got my brain in turmoil

Kante just seems to have a natural talent that cant be coached.

He also seems to love playing, as if he were on the playground at lunchtime.

Could probably walk into any team in the world.

How many Leicester players can you say that about, apart from Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, Fuchs and Albrighton?

Kante just seems to have a natural talent that cant be coached.

He also seems to love playing, as if he were on the playground at lunchtime.

Could probably walk into any team in the world.

How many Leicester players can you say that about, apart from Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, Fuchs and Albrighton?

walk in to any team in the world?

umm...none.

16/1 to be Man of Match tomorrow

If we get something out of the game then he will have had to have had a stormer ( as per normal ) and so those odds appear to be quite decent ?

I assume the odds are as long as 16/1 as he might be rested tomorrow?

Archived