Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Okazaki - £8m Kramaric - £10m, garbage like Upson, whitbred, futacs, GTF, Ben Marshall.

Doesn't always get it right either. Good scout, not a god.[/quote

Good luck mate with the next bloke if you're happy to get rid?

Also, I wouldn't call Ben Marshall, GTF (at the time when we needed cover and couldn't spend due to FFP) Kramaric and Okasaki (yet) flops.

Okazaki - £8m Kramaric - £10m, garbage like Upson, whitbred, futacs, GTF, Ben Marshall.

Doesn't always get it right either. Good scout, not a god.

I don't know why you would try and be negative about it? Even Fergie at United signed loads of stinkers. Okazaki / Krama are decent players and even players like GTF and Marshall did a good job.

Bloody hell anybody would think you'd want to go back to the days of Levein or Sven and their fantastic scouting network.

Okazaki and Kramaric may well still cut it, who knows.  Upson was pretty much a stop gap signing, who got injured.  Whitbread got injured.  GTF actually did a decent job when he was here in the Championship and Ben Marshall is a quality player with a rubbish attitude (which is something you cannot really scout for).

Yes, people say Newcastle were poor but we never gave them chance to play or to build any momentum. Talk about hunting in numbers. We ran them down so rapidly they quickly knew they'd need a gear they hadn't got to stop getting mauled, with Kante as quick as anyone to show his teeth and Drinkwater so eager to share the meal alongside him.  

Teams keep playing shit against us but we've become really, really hard to play against.

No-one in the league can win the ball in the opposition half as regularly as we do. It's ridiculous.

Kante is just incredible. He's a top class player. Hold out for a France call because I think he's good enough to get one.

Did you just include 4 free transfers in that to try and make your point? Ffs.

Good article about NK in the Telegraph ....    amusing anecdote about CR not wanting him (too small) and a member of staff asking if he was waiting for his mum and dad.  Bless.   Then there was the mention on MOTD.     So, JV has been mentioned to death as has RM ......   DD has been mentioned a few times and now Kante .....     as we surprise everyone with our lofty position who will be the next "star" to be recognised by the media as they try and work out why we are so good ??      Albrighton maybe ??

so wrong, so sad.

When has ulloa grabbed any headlines this year?

For an unsung hero Kante is starting to have quite a few people take notice as of this week. Strange one since whilst he had a great game, it wasn't that much better than he's been all season and you would have expected Mahrez to take all the plaudits after a rare LCFC hat-trick. Still he deserves the recognition he has been amazing. 

For an unsung hero Kante is starting to have quite a few people take notice as of this week. Strange one since whilst he had a great game, it wasn't that much better than he's been all season and you would have expected Mahrez to take all the plaudits after a rare LCFC hat-trick. Still he deserves the recognition he has been amazing. 

Probably the fact he had a massive part in 2 goals.

Probably the fact he had a massive part in 2 goals.

Yeah fair point. It takes goal contribution for people to notice he is making all those interceptions and tackles. I guess when it's not your team you just don't pay attention as much to that side of things.

We're massive now, so the papers have to create as many stories about us as possible  :whistle:

All the kids in the primary school where i work know about leicester now, i think we're their fav 2nd team!  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Yeah fair point. It takes goal contribution for people to notice he is making all those interceptions and tackles. I guess when it's not your team you just don't pay attention as much to that side of things.

Yeah, it is weird when you put it that way haha.

A lot of people won't have seen him play that often, it's like a lot of our fans claim other teams players are rubbish/not very good when in reality they just haven't seen much of that player to base an opinion either way.

Yeah, it is weird when you put it that way haha.

A lot of people won't have seen him play that often, it's like a lot of our fans claim other teams players are rubbish/not very good when in reality they just haven't seen much of that player to base an opinion either way.

95% of people commenting on us will be basing all they are saying on highlights packages. we've only been on tele twice this year (kante has only started on tele for us once). goal contribution is what gets you in highlights packages, not 64 interceptions are running really fast to close people down, unless he runs really fast to close someone down, makes an interception and then sets up a goal. like on saturday when hey presto he's the best centre mid in the country because it's the first time he's even been on match of the day let alone highlighted on match of the day. 

95% of people commenting on us will be basing all they are saying on highlights packages. we've only been on tele twice this year (kante has only started on tele for us once). goal contribution is what gets you in highlights packages, not 64 interceptions are running really fast to close people down, unless he runs really fast to close someone down, makes an interception and then sets up a goal. like on saturday when hey presto he's the best centre mid in the country because it's the first time he's even been on match of the day let alone highlighted on match of the day. 

Yeah exactly. Man I hope it stays that way as well, it'd break my heart to see N'Golo smiling and applauding goals in another english team's shirt.

I just hope we keep being seen as little Leicester and everyone keeps expecting our bubble to burst. I hope Kante stays mostly invisible, which he appears to be the way he steals balls from the opposition.

If everyone focuses on Vardy and Mahrez and sees us as lucky, plucky and whatever else, then we might pull off something even more miraculous than the great escape.

Setting up two goals and laying another couple of glorious chances for Vardy is what'll have got peoples peckers up.

Archived