Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

drank with the birch in woodies in rothley complete city through and through always has the time to talk about city with you really good guy and the amount of funerals he goes to for city fans is staggering nearly his own. gerry taggert used to drink in our local in quorn he was just one of the lads complete down to earth bloke you could meet he used to get his family over from ireland  for a weekend and they woul be playind irish music in the pub on a sunday evening till late fantastic times sore heads in the morning.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

sat next to Brian little and his wife at a concert in Nottingham, nice chap, met Neil Lennon in pub in Birmingham, he had been to the test match with his mate aiden, he bought a round and cued for them too!, nice fella, met frank Carson at Birmingham airport 7.30 in the morning he was having a pint of lager, also Jeff stelling at Loughborough university, he was with his youngest son, said we should stay clear of Puel!, his lad is a season ticket holder at Southampton. And sat behind Jamie Oliver and his family on a easy jet flight to Mallorca.

2 hours ago, yes ndidi said:

sat next to Brian little and his wife at a concert in Nottingham, nice chap, met Neil Lennon in pub in Birmingham, he had been to the test match with his mate aiden, he bought a round and cued for them too!, nice fella, met frank Carson at Birmingham airport 7.30 in the morning he was having a pint of lager, also Jeff stelling at Loughborough university, he was with his youngest son, said we should stay clear of Puel!, his lad is a season ticket holder at Southampton. And sat behind Jamie Oliver and his family on a easy jet flight to Mallorca.

I saw Brian Little and his wife in the departure lounge at EMA once. I didn't have the nerve to talk to him.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I saw Brian Little and his wife in the departure lounge at EMA once. I didn't have the nerve to talk to him.

Brian is a lovely chap, a good friend of ours, as is his wife. He would have been more than happy to chat to you.

Just had a knee replacement at the weekend and is progressing well. 

• Like 1

I saw a snooker player at the airport once (i forget his name but his nickname was something to do with the wind and he used to be abit of a coke head.) 

I kept staring at him and thinking i knew him from somewhere, so i went up to him and asked 'do i know you' he just laughed and said maybe. 

Was embarrassed when i realised on the plane how i knew his face :S  

I saw Demarai Gray in the pub the other day, but didn't want to disturb him with his mates (and draw attention to him because no one else seemed to have a clue who he was!). 

I once saw Peter Shilton jogging through Bradgate Park, and we said hello whilst passing.

But most famous sportsperson I have met has to be Andy Murray after the Davis cup win in Ghent, Belgium. He spent ages afterwards (probably approaching an hour) getting photos with all the travelling fans who wanted one. Good bloke! 

Colin Gibson did the mortgage on my first house, he trained as a financial advisor for legal and general after he retired and had just started with them. Sold me a shit endowment mortgage the w@***r!!!! In all seriousness though he was a nice guy...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I got started on by Vardy in Yates a couple years ago. Willy Thorne lives across the road from me.

Heard he's had a difficult time quite recently, hope things have got better as he's nice to talk to.

I sat across from Tim McInnerny (Lord Percy/Captain Darling - Blackadder) on the way to one of our 1-1 draws earlier this year, and when I was away in Gower over half-term, I was finishing my dinner in a pub and Adrian Chiles wandered in. I said hi and then left him alone - apparently he lives down there, and mixes in well enough.