Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

Genuine question, now Terry has announced he's not staying at Chelsea, would you be against offering them say 500k for him now and offering him a 1 and a half year deal? Say wages weren't an issue would you take him?

He isn't the same player as twelve months ago. Great experience but his legs have pretty well gone.

Genuine question, now Terry has announced he's not staying at Chelsea, would you be against offering them say 500k for him now and offering him a 1 and a half year deal? Say wages weren't an issue would you take him?

Yes, he's washed up and finished at this level.

I personally wouldnt take him.

I think one thing our defensive line badly lacks is pace, and if we are going to persist with a high press game, we will need to have players long term with pace at the back as the defensive line will naturally become higher.

A no from me.

No way. Excellent player in his day but he didn't have any pace in his prime let alone when he's 35

I reckon he'll join Lamps at NYC

Point is we don't need to go and splurge because "we're top of the league", there's literally zero point blowing your wad if the guy you bring in doesn't actually contribute to improving the team.  Lots of ppl seem to have temporarily forgotten this.

But ...    If CR thinks we need a striker, and our scouting team (who are sh1t hot remember), think he's the one for us ....   then we need to go in and get him.

Unfortunately we are in a league position that no one envisaged and we are also in a sellers market.  

Absolute tosser, no thanks

Browsing the transfer threads there are a lot of people who think we should just splash the cash because we're currently top of the league.  I think it would be amusing to see how those posters fared if they won the lottery.

"What do you mean why did I quit my job and move to my own private island in the Pacific?  We're rich so I did what a rich person does!  What's that, how am I going to avoid dying of starvation now that I'm in the middle of the ocean and I've spent all my money on an island with no natural ressources instead of carefully investing in projects that would help maintain my status? Bugger."

Assuming a high profile player has been deemed nessary and a good fit for us by our recruitment team then the advantages of splashing the cash now are:

1. It helps to maintain our position at the top till the end of the season.

2. It adds to the quality and strength of the squad for our Europe challenge next season.

3. He will be fully integrated in our squad and have experienced a full pre-season training so as to be fully primed at the start of next season.

4. Seeing us show this intent will encourage other quality players to be less apprehensive about joining us in the summer.

5. Similarly, it will encourage potential leavers to traditional big clubs to stay with us.

I do find it funny, strange and ironic all in one that last January window we struggled to get one over the line Because we were certain to be relegated. Now we sit top, 15 games to go and within sight of CL and it appears we still can't. Targets or reported targets, and players going anywhere but us. My only reason may be our wages policy. If so, it's going to be very difficult to attract the right player, and should we not achieve CL come may it will be even mor difficult given the money every team gets and we will be perceived again to be just aid table team.

Completely forgotten his name but did anybody see the Milan derby last night?

AC were playing a big and strong Central midfielder who looked the dogs in terms of bursting runs. He's only recently broken through to their first team apparently.

We probably wouldn't need him now but one to watch out for. Looked very strong.

I do find it funny, strange and ironic all in one that last January window we struggled to get one over the line Because we were certain to be relegated. Now we sit top, 15 games to go and within sight of CL and it appears we still can't. Targets or reported targets, and players going anywhere but us. My only reason may be our wages policy. If so, it's going to be very difficult to attract the right player, and should we not achieve CL come may it will be even mor difficult given the money every team gets and we will be perceived again to be just aid table team.

would you rather stick to a good business structure or end up like Portsmouth in 5 years time? We have proven you can get to the top of this league without spending stupid money on players and wages, so I would just trust that if we do sign someone the deal would be right for the club.

Icardi available for 25M euros after reportedly falling out with Mancini. Gerrimin. 

http://www.football-italia.net/79234/inter-open-icardi-sale

This would be nice. 

"Icardi is a quick, tactically intelligent, and physically strong striker, with good technique, and an eye for goal, who can also play off of his team-mates. In 2013, Don Balón listed him as one of the top 100 young players born after 1992"

Completely forgotten his name but did anybody see the Milan derby last night?

AC were playing a big and strong Central midfielder who looked the dogs in terms of bursting runs. He's only recently broken through to their first team apparently.

We probably wouldn't need him now but one to watch out for. Looked very strong.

Kucka?

Fellow foxes I don't know if there is anything in this but City my be in for Demba Ba currently playing in China with Shanghai Shenhua. Their season is still a few weeks away and Ba is trying to get a move back to the UK as he is not happy in China.

Any one else heard the rumour ?

Archived