Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

January transfers, wish list, available etc.

That's what Austin was worth during the summer. No way should any club pay that much for him now.

If Austin was only worth £7-8M in the summer, then why did they turn down our offer of £12M? You really think no Premier League clubs would be willing to pay £7 or 8 million for a 20 goal a season striker? January prices are always higher than expected, clubs and managers get desperate. This season especially with the bigger  money coming in. Whether or not Charlie would be willing to give up the signing-on bonus in the summer would depend on the terms he's offered. The Euros are coming and he stands a better chance of an England call up partnering Vardy then playing anywhere else, except Spurs of course. 

If Austin was only worth £7-8M in the summer, then why did they turn down our offer of £12M? You really think no Premier League clubs would be willing to pay £7 or 8 million for a 20 goal a season striker? January prices are always higher than expected, clubs and managers get desperate. This season especially with the bigger  money coming in. Whether or not Charlie would be willing to give up the signing-on bonus in the summer would depend on the terms he's offered. The Euros are coming and he stands a better chance of an England call up partnering Vardy then playing anywhere else, except Spurs of course. 

They turned it down b/c they got greedy. There was no way he was going to fetch £15M like they wanted, so they really should have accepted the £12M offer, and that probably would have been a fair price (the upper bound of fair, at least IMO).

At this point, QPR has no leverage, so any club looking to buy him should be able to snap him up for less than £8M. Or QPR can determine its calculus for losing him on a Bosman.

Would rather that £8M go into signing Carrillo, who is truly a talent.

They turned it down b/c they got greedy. There was no way he was going to fetch £15M like they wanted, so they really should have accepted the £12M offer, and that probably would have been a fair price (the upper bound of fair, at least IMO).

At this point, QPR has no leverage, so any club looking to buy him should be able to snap him up for less than £8M. Or QPR can determine its calculus for losing him on a Bosman.

Would rather that £8M go into signing Carrillo, who is truly a talent.

You're totally right about Jan prices being inflated, but the beauty of the club being in its current position is that it *doesn't* have to panic and over-spend. Or you turn out with a potential Kramma situation again (okay, not exactly, since Austin is a proven scorer at the PL level. But then again, does he fit with this club's current style as a partner to Vardy?).

You're totally right about Jan prices being inflated, but the beauty of the club being in its current position is that it *doesn't* have to panic and over-spend. Or you turn out with a potential Kramma situation again (okay, not exactly, since Austin is a proven scorer at the PL level. But then again, does he fit with this club's current style as a partner to Vardy?).

Agree with this and also, wasn't one of the reasons clubs didn't jump in with both feet because there are some grave injury doubts, by that I mean he has the potential to break down quite easily due to a past problem ?

As others let's sign at least 1 Algerian (keep Mahrez happy) either feloughi fella or slimani. I'd also go for Trippier (unfortunately Simps is obviously a weak link)

Is he?! since he has been playing he has hardly put a foot wrong!

I don't think January is the right time to be buying players especially the position we are in. This team is the tightest team we have ever had, bringing new faces in isn't required. Lets capitalise on others bringing players in and them needing team to Gel. If we get out of our next 4 games with 5-12 points and thing above 7 points and top 4 is a real possibility, we should really push on with the squad we have.

Realistically we're likely going to drop down the table by May, so if we want to attract CL-level players then January is going to be our best chance to do so.

More than 2 new faces would probably be detrimental to our team's chemistry, as others have mentioned, but 1 or 2 top class players could spur our team on even further and we'll have even stronger belief that we are one of the best sides in the league (?!).

A no.10 to replace Kramaric (who we should send on loan until the summer), and possibly a RB or keeper (not both) if a good one is available should be the extent of our dealings in my view.

Debuchy & Ighalo would be my choices.

As others let's sign at least 1 Algerian (keep Mahrez happy) either feloughi fella or slimani. I'd also go for Trippier (unfortunately Simps is obviously a weak link)

DS, imo, is not a weak link. Looks solid to me. In fact I don't see any weak links.

The only problems I envisage are fatigue and injuries.

If I was being picky, then I'd like to see someone in the team who's exceptional at free kicks

and scores regularly from 30 yards!

That kind of money is small change to clubs in the prem now. It's over £120million for 1 season so why would you sell your best player for 18m? Doesn't make sense. Premier league teams no longer need to be "selling clubs" due to the amount of money in the league

Totally agree.

It's going to be difficult to buy PL players if it's a hostile bid.

I mean if Vardy and Mahrez wanted to stay at Leicester ask yourselves how much we would have to be offered for us to try and force them to move?

I would hope we target players in other countries where they appreciate the value of money. I think our best strategy would be to buy the best players in the Swiss, Portuguese, Polish leagues, etc.

I really think with the likes of Was, Schlupp, Bennie, Inler, Dyer etc not getting in to the team it's much more important to keep what we have, I wouldn't be in a hurry to sign anybody except a back up keeper.

We certainly need back up/competition for Kasper.

Imagine being top in February then Schmeichel getting an injury that kept him out for the rest of the season, it doesn't bare thinking about.

Apart from that I think it's essential to get in a top quality No10, a real marquee player which makes a statement. Ulloa/Okazaki are not quite good enough at our level and it's mouth watering to think of a midfield of Kante and Drinkwater running our midfield with Mahrez, Vardy and hopefully another player of similar quality torturing defences. 

If we already have that magical player lined up by our scouting team then anything is possible this season.

Realistically we're likely going to drop down the table by May, so if we want to attract CL-level players then January is going to be our best chance to do so.

A no.10 to replace Kramaric (who we should send on loan until the summer), and possibly a RB or keeper (not both) if a good one is available should be the extent of our dealings in my view.

Agree with the first point, things may never be as good again so buy in January.

Why can't we buy a RB and a keeper? Both are positions that could be strengthened.

Why are people mentioning players that we've just not going to get?

Because it's nice to dream. It's the season of miracles. We're 2 points clear of the league.

Humbug man.

Agree with the first point, things may never be as good again so buy in January.

Why can't we buy a RB and a keeper? Both are positions that could be strengthened.

You cut out my middle paragraph which basically answers your question lol

I think more than 2 signings in January will negatively affect the harmony within our squad and I see the no10 role as the most important, so for me it's a choice between the other two.

Simpson and Kasper are both good enough for us until the summer, and our backup options aren't awful. We could leave one of those positions as they are until May without any significant problems.

You cut out my middle paragraph which basically answers your question lol

I think more than 2 signings in January will negatively affect the harmony within our squad and I see the no10 role as the most important, so for me it's a choice between the other two.

Simpson and Kasper are both good enough for us until the summer, and our backup options aren't awful. We could leave one of those positions as they are until May without any significant problems.

We don't need to be overly aggressive in the January transfer market.

I'm happy with our current XI apart from the support striker which needs to be a big marquee signing that improves us. We also really need to get a GK to cover Schmeichel as it's almost negligent to hope he doesn't get injured in a season when the top four is on which could potentially transform us as a club.

I'm happy not to unsettle the apple cart too much and we should only bring in defenders,etc if it's on our terms and the opportunity presents itself in favourable conditions for us.

A No10 and a GK and our incoming business is done as far as I'm concerned.

There's no problem with us strengthening in January, I just hope we maintain the system of ensuring that the personality will fit in with the rest of the squad. I'm sure we have the most committed and well bonded squad in this league. That will have played a huge part in our position in the league.

As long as every player we sign buys into the same spirit and ethos I'm not fussed if we make 1 signing or 5.

Archived