Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

I'm new here (Arsenal fan), but cannot help watching Leicester City play since Ranieri took over. I love their intensity and the way they shock opponents from the first whistle. I hope their run continues, as they thoroughly deserve it.

I recently wrote an article 'Let's Talk Leicester, Culture of Hard Work' concentrating on Ranieri's strategy and how the players fit into the system.

Thought you guys would enjoy it, so I'll leave it below & any feedback would be greatly appreciated;

http://www.donaldmacnaughton.co.uk/my-blog/item/104-epl-week-14-let-s-talk-leicester

Decent article, it lacks a bit of depth but well done.

I just need to pick you up on 'King Palace' though :lol: and that when Okazaki plays, his job for the most part has been to sit deep and cut off passing lanes as well as neutralising defensive mids. He is capable of breaking enemy lines but that's not the role he is told to play at the minute.

I'm new here (Arsenal fan), but cannot help watching Leicester City play since Ranieri took over. I love their intensity and the way they shock opponents from the first whistle. I hope their run continues, as they thoroughly deserve it.

I recently wrote an article 'Let's Talk Leicester, Culture of Hard Work' concentrating on Ranieri's strategy and how the players fit into the system.

Thought you guys would enjoy it, so I'll leave it below & any feedback would be greatly appreciated;

http://www.donaldmacnaughton.co.uk/my-blog/item/104-epl-week-14-let-s-talk-leicester

Good article but our opening game was against Sunderland not Newcastle but ill let you off for that because they both got destroyed by us so its understandable to mix up the games :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

As the title infers Claudio is a very likable guy. Not only likable but he's also got a lot of knowledge and cleverness too. Tactics have 90% been spot on this season in my opinion, and there has been a few instances this season I can recall where he has made the right choices to either seal a win or for a player to come on and change the game for us. Defensively I've noticed we've improved as well, we seem very organised a lot of the time. He's doing a fantastic job  :scarf:  

Haven't seen anything negative about him at all from the press.

I'd imagine if Pearson just kept himself quiet and was still here, we'd be in a very comfortable position but certainly not where we are now.

The funny thing is I think they both have the same contempt for contemporary football 'journalism' but when Ranieri fobs the press off he leaves journos thinking they've just made a new friend.  

It's better for our image as a club but on a purely ethical level I preferred how Pearson would simply put his foot down because I hate seeing the media think they can always get away with disrespectful or manipulative lines of questioning.

The funny thing is I think they both have the same contempt for contemporary football 'journalism' but when Ranieri fobs the press off he leaves journos thinking they've just made a new friend.

It's better for our image as a club but on a purely ethical level I preferred how Pearson would simply put his foot down because I hate seeing the media think they can always get away with disrespectful or manipulative lines of questioning.

Every manager has a battle to get the media onside. If you rise above it, show a bit of respect and exercise some charm you can set your own boundaries and have the media respect them. Pearson didn't know how to do this and just attacked them instead, in doing so making himself into a side show and turning the media against him, making it worse for himself. He didn't have to sell out on his ideals to get on side with the media, just learn how to play their game and use it to his own advantage. I'm sure, on reflection, Nigel will feel he made some errors in that aspect of his management.

This. I loved the fact Pearson would not take it and answered back to the press, who lets face it asked absolutely stupid questions at times.

Every manager has a battle to get the media onside. If you rise above it, show a bit of respect and exercise some charm you can set your own boundaries and have the media respect them. Pearson didn't know how to do this and just attacked them instead

Good.

I don't usually get wound up by petty stuff that doesn't affect me but millennial journalism really does take the p!ss with me. These people feed off of other's misfortune in a way that would be considered intrusive, libelous and in some cases downright bullying. You see all the time on the news stories of teenagers ending their lives because of videos sent around of them whilst they were drunk or drugged up and the fingers are immediately pointed at those who spread it, yet pick up The Sun or The Daily Mail and a likely headline is "X'S SEX TAPE LEAKED!11!!1!! MORE DETAILS INSIDE". And this is the same in football, did anyone have to know about the Thailand Scandal other than the club to deal with it? Not saying they weren't bellends to do it in the first place but it still applies. more recently you saw the papers coax Dele Alli's mum into releasing a seriously private story about his upbringing. Does anyone need to know? Of course not, but as long as these parasites make money it doesn't matter what affect it has on the individual, simply because he's a talented youngster in a line of work that by no way his fault is seriously overpayed. 

The way Pearson stuck it to them felt just to me, my favourite having shouted down two already, Pat Murphy, obviously desperate to get a reaction and a story, shouting at him in very much a hypocritical way about how Pearson had treated them, just looked at him and pretty much said "So what? What do I owe you?", which is exactly the point: despite them thinking they're above morality, no manager or player owes them fvck all.

I also like the way Ranieri handles it, treating them so they think they're mates then giving them bob owt in terms of actual information, but I'm also glad Pearson stuck it to them, seeing most, minus John Percy, Henry Winters and a select few others, make a career out of derailing other's.

Every manager has a battle to get the media onside. If you rise above it, show a bit of respect and exercise some charm you can set your own boundaries and have the media respect them. Pearson didn't know how to do this and just attacked them instead, in doing so making himself into a side show and turning the media against him, making it worse for himself. He didn't have to sell out on his ideals to get on side with the media, just learn how to play their game and use it to his own advantage. I'm sure, on reflection, Nigel will feel he made some errors in that aspect of his management.

It wasn't "the media" who turned against him - it was some media outlets, a particular bunch to be precise.

I can only imagine it being a tough ask to remain impartial whilst trying to remaining true to yourself at the same time.

Ranieri has been in the game for so long, he knows how to respond to delicate questions in a neutral or diplomatic way. Not being a native English speaker helps, because his accent and responses alone manage to raise smiles, which in turn diverts from a lot of the issues.

Plus, he shakes hand with EVERYONE before a press conference - that's genius since it sends out a very smart message: "I'm one of you, I like you".

Archived