Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

Last season we sold 25,000 shirts (mainly due to them running out towards the end of the season but that'll be because of "normal" demand for us). This season we have sold 250k so far worldwide.

Didn't the new shirt sell out within a week on being released or something? I seem to remember reading about queues stretching all the way around the stadium and shirt printing being suspended to speed up the process. I wish they'd reissue last season's shirt as I was in Africa for most of it and wasn't able to get one.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:36, syston_fox said:

There was a question and answer session ran by the ACCA with the finance director of the club last week. Quite a few interesting bits like the clean up after Champions League games (i.e changing the seats back to King Power and the banners etc) costs more than £100k each game.

£100k to replace blue seats with white? no way lol

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hiring the lift and labout to cover up the KP logo on the top stadium banter and those outside will cost a few £10ks

55 minutes ago, Ashley said:

46 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hiring the lift and labout to cover up the KP logo on the top stadium banter and those outside will cost a few £10ks

Yup. It's not just the seats it's every reference to King Power Stadium at the ground. All the flags outside, the wording on the steps in the directors box... even the little notice boards in the corporate areas have to have the King Power Stadium covered up. It's so pathetic but someone from uefa does actually go round and check!! 

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

Yup. It's not just the seats it's every reference to King Power Stadium at the ground. All the flags outside, the wording on the steps in the directors box... even the little notice boards in the corporate areas have to have the King Power Stadium covered up. It's so pathetic but someone from uefa does actually go round and check!! 

That wouldnt surprise me, years ago my old housemate worked at the RDS in Dublin (Leinster's ground) and almost lost her job because she forgot to replace a small Guinness sign in an outside corner hardly anyone walks past with a Heineken sign for the Heineken Cup.

I used to work at Welford Road on one of the hospitality bars and at Heineken Cup games a special Heineken crew game in. If I put Guiness or Tiger in a Heineken Cup I'd get a bollocking because of all the corporate/sponsorship bollocks. A few punters thought I was a right jobsworth.

Hull

21 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Don't let Leicester score the first goal. Never, ever let Leicester score the first goal. Because if you do, you know what will happen. How good are we when we score first? Let's have a look. I'm talking about our first team here, so I'm ignoring FA Cup and League Cup games. And I'm talking about our first XI, so I'm going to ignore games in which an intervention by the ref (Martin Atkinson - Simpson red card at Arsenal, and Jon Moss - Vardy red card v West Ham) let our opponents back in the game. What I'm interested in is how often we win a game when we score first. The answer is, basically, every f***ing time. 

Since January 2016,  we have taken the lead in the following 24 games. And in each of those 24 games, well, you know what happened. Defeats: zero. Draws: zero. Victories: all of them. Every single one.

Here they are: 

Stoke (H)               3-0

Liverpool (H)          2-0

Man City (A)           3-1

Norwich (H)            1-0

Watford (A)            1-0

Newcastle (H)        1-0

Palace (A)              1-0

Southampton (H)   1-0

Sunderland (A)       2-0

Swansea (H)           4-0

Everton (H)             3-1

Continuing into this season:

Swansea (H)          2-1

Bruges (A)              3-0

Burnley (H)             3-0

Porto (H)                1-0

Palace (H)              3-1

Copenhagen (H)    1-0

Bruges (H)             2-1

Man City (H)           4-2

West Ham (H)        1-0

Liverpool (H)           3-1

Hull (H)                    3-1

Sevilla (H)               2-0

West Ham (H)         3-2

But, you might say, surely teams usually win when they score first? Well, apparently it's between 70% and 80% of the time.

But, you might say, surely the top teams almost always win when they score first? Well, we are on a run of 24 games. What about the Premier League top six?

Here's their current run:

Chelsea:   3 games

Spurs:       9 games (since Musa equalised at WHL!)

Man City:  4 games

Man U:      2 games

Liverpool:   0 games

Arsenal:     5 games

And Leicester, just to repeat, 24 games.

(Even if you include the games where we've had a man sent off, our run is still 15 games),

Forgive me for getting all Daily Mail headline about this, but if a team allows us to score first, we are ABSOLUTELY UNSTOPPABLE. Sure, we can all think of heart stopping moments where we've ridden our luck during the closing stages of those games (I think i'm STILL recovering from Delaney's shot at Selhurst Park), but it can't be just luck for it to last so long.

There's a few more things to pick out from that list of 24 games You might notice that it contains relatively few league games from the first part of this season. Before the Liverpool game (Shakespeare's first in charge), we had only taken the lead in five out of 25 league games this season. A truly dismal record. But still, in each of those five games, we took all three points.

So how can you explain all this? Something that has been largely dormant through the first half of this season becuase the players felt in some way restricted has now fully resurfaced. It was not completely dormant - when we did take a lead we could still hold it in the same way - especially in Champions League games, but that vital 'straight at the throat' attitude wasn't there to the same extent, and too often we let other teams take the initiative.

But now it's back. The defining moment of Shakespeare's four games in charge was surely Vardy's 'reducer' on Emre Can just 10 seconds into the Liverpool game. We take control of the game, take the lead, and refuse to give it back.

Who knows how far this extraordinary run can continue?

Hull scored first in the 3-1 win, so 23 games- still amazing stat though.

• Like 4

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:36, syston_fox said:

There was a question and answer session ran by the ACCA with the finance director of the club last week. Quite a few interesting bits like the clean up after Champions League games (i.e changing the seats back to King Power and the banners etc) costs more than £100k each game.

Who changes the seats Vardy?

Fvck this I want a maintenance job at the KP. They must be on 20k a week plus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kushiro said:

Don't let Leicester score the first goal. Never, ever let Leicester score the first goal. Because if you do, you know what will happen. How good are we when we score first? Let's have a look. I'm talking about our first team here, so I'm ignoring FA Cup and League Cup games. And I'm talking about our first XI, so I'm going to ignore games in which an intervention by the ref (Martin Atkinson - Simpson red card at Arsenal, and Jon Moss - Vardy red card v West Ham) let our opponents back in the game. What I'm interested in is how often we win a game when we score first. The answer is, basically, every f***ing time. 

Since January 2016,  we have taken the lead in the following 24 games. And in each of those 24 games, well, you know what happened. Defeats: zero. Draws: zero. Victories: all of them. Every single one.

Here they are: 

Stoke (H)               3-0

Liverpool (H)          2-0

Man City (A)           3-1

Norwich (H)            1-0

Watford (A)            1-0

Newcastle (H)        1-0

Palace (A)              1-0

Southampton (H)   1-0

Sunderland (A)       2-0

Swansea (H)           4-0

Everton (H)             3-1

Continuing into this season:

Swansea (H)          2-1

Bruges (A)              3-0

Burnley (H)             3-0

Porto (H)                1-0

Palace (H)              3-1

Copenhagen (H)    1-0

Bruges (H)             2-1

Man City (H)           4-2

West Ham (H)        1-0

Liverpool (H)           3-1

Hull (H)                    3-1

Sevilla (H)               2-0

West Ham (H)         3-2

But, you might say, surely teams usually win when they score first? Well, apparently it's between 70% and 80% of the time.

But, you might say, surely the top teams almost always win when they score first? Well, we are on a run of 24 games. What about the Premier League top six?

Here's their current run:

Chelsea:   3 games

Spurs:       9 games (since Musa equalised at WHL!)

Man City:  4 games

Man U:      2 games

Liverpool:   0 games

Arsenal:     5 games

And Leicester, just to repeat, 24 games.

(Even if you include the games where we've had a man sent off, our run is still 15 games),

Forgive me for getting all Daily Mail headline about this, but if a team allows us to score first, we are ABSOLUTELY UNSTOPPABLE. Sure, we can all think of heart stopping moments where we've ridden our luck during the closing stages of those games (I think i'm STILL recovering from Delaney's shot at Selhurst Park), but it can't be just luck for it to last so long.

There's a few more things to pick out from that list of 24 games You might notice that it contains relatively few league games from the first part of this season. Before the Liverpool game (Shakespeare's first in charge), we had only taken the lead in five out of 25 league games this season. A truly dismal record. But still, in each of those five games, we took all three points.

So how can you explain all this? Something that has been largely dormant through the first half of this season becuase the players felt in some way restricted has now fully resurfaced. It was not completely dormant - when we did take a lead we could still hold it in the same way - especially in Champions League games, but that vital 'straight at the throat' attitude wasn't there to the same extent, and too often we let other teams take the initiative.

But now it's back. The defining moment of Shakespeare's four games in charge was surely Vardy's 'reducer' on Emre Can just 10 seconds into the Liverpool game. We take control of the game, take the lead, and refuse to give it back.

Who knows how far this extraordinary run can continue?

That's an amazing stat and shows you just how important it is to start the game well. There were times in our bad run that we were playing relatively OK but the heads just dropped after conceding a goal and they couldn't exert any control over the game. Also, they were crap. Such a shame that Claudio stifled them so much because it could have been so different this season. 

The way we started the Liverpool game I just knew we'd score first and not lose. 

Edited by urban.spaceman

Pedantic but It was mane, not can

and scoring first for a team that plays on the counter is clearly of huge benefit. The opposition have to come onto you. What's amazing is the number of 1-0 scorelines  last season but then we had changed our way of playing somewhat by that stage.

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Pedantic but It was mane, not can

and scoring first for a team that plays on the counter is clearly of huge benefit. The opposition have to come onto you. What's amazing is the number of 1-0 scorelines  last season but then we had changed our way of playing somewhat by that stage.

Not pedantic at all - thanks for pointing it out (they look so similar, don't they). And to Aus Fox for the point about the Hull game. I spotted another correction - Tottenham's run is not nine, but only three games (I'd overlooked the Europa League), so here's the corrected stat overall:

Chelsea        3 games

Spurs            3 games

Man City       4 games

Man U          2 games

Liverpool      0 games

Arsenal         5 games

Leicester     23 games

Don't go and blow it against Stoke (or Sunderland, or Everton, or Atletico, or Palace, or Bayern Munich...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kushiro said:

Not pedantic at all - thanks for pointing it out (they look so similar, don't they). And to Aus Fox for the point about the Hull game. I spotted another correction - Tottenham's run is not nine, but only three games (I'd overlooked the Europa League), so here's the corrected stat overall:

Chelsea        3 games

Spurs            3 games

Man City       4 games

Man U          2 games

Liverpool      0 games

Arsenal         5 games

Leicester     23 games

Don't go and blow it against Stoke (or Sunderland, or Everton, or Atletico, or Palace, or Bayern Munich...

I think that you have to stick us at 15 games mate. Having players sent off is part and parcel of football. And how can you ignore our cup games but include Spurs? (And probably others ). I'd make it just PL fixtures and don't pull in any other factors. It's an impressive enough stat . 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think that you have to stick us at 15 games mate. Having players sent off is part and parcel of football. And how can you ignore our cup games but include Spurs? (And probably others ). I'd make it just PL fixtures and don't pull in any other factors. It's an impressive enough stat . 

For the cup games, I was going on whether or not the team played their strongest team. In the domestic cups, we didn't, whereas Spurs did in the Europa League.

For the sendings off - I'm happy to follow Claudio's precedent. 'You fight so well! Arsenal only beat you in last minute! I still give you one week holiday!"  

Second-half injury-time goals conceded

Hull: 7
Bournemouth: 6
Burnley: 5
Crystal Palace: 4
Sunderland: 4
West Ham: 4
Middlesbrough: 3
Stoke: 3
Swansea: 3
Arsenal: 2
Chelsea: 2
Everton: 2
Man City: 2
Man United: 2
Southampton: 2
Tottenham: 2
Watford: 2
Leicester: 1
Liverpool: 1
West Brom: 0

Second-half injury-time goals scored

Arsenal: 8
Everton: 6
Liverpool: 4
Man City: 4
Swansea: 4
Crystal Palace: 3
Man United: 3
Tottenham: 3
Watford: 3
West Brom: 3
West Ham: 3
Bournemouth: 2
Burnley: 2
Hull: 2
Chelsea: 1
Middlesbrough: 1
Stoke: 1
Sunderland: 1

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-leicester-city-leading-the-way-when-it-comes-to-injury-time-goals-conceded-this-season/story-30224109-detail/story.html#bBCcc7sRoo7WtmmM.99

34 minutes ago, kushiro said:

There are four players in the Champions' League Quarter Finals with 50 international goals:

Christiano Ronaldo

Lionel Messi

Neymar

Shinji Okazaki

What a time to be alive.

And none of them are out-and-out strikers for their domestic clubs... :blink:

• Like 3

On 23/03/2017 at 19:36, davieG said:

Second-half injury-time goals conceded

Hull: 7
Bournemouth: 6
Burnley: 5
Crystal Palace: 4
Sunderland: 4
West Ham: 4
Middlesbrough: 3
Stoke: 3
Swansea: 3
Arsenal: 2
Chelsea: 2
Everton: 2
Man City: 2
Man United: 2
Tottenham: 2
Watford: 2
Liverpool: 1
West Brom: 0

Second-half injury-time goals scored

Arsenal: 8
Everton: 6
Liverpool: 4
Man City: 4
Swansea: 4
Crystal Palace: 3
Man United: 3
Tottenham: 3
Watford: 3
West Brom: 3
West Ham: 3
Bournemouth: 2
Burnley: 2
Hull: 2
Chelsea: 1
Middlesbrough: 1
Stoke: 1
Sunderland: 1

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-leicester-city-leading-the-way-when-it-comes-to-injury-time-goals-conceded-this-season/story-30224109-detail/story.html#bBCcc7sRoo7WtmmM.99

What about first half? We seem to have conceded a lot just before half time.

• Like 1