Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The last time a right back scored for Leicester City, we won the Premier League. Chance.

He wasn't playing right back at the time though. Amartey started there today, he scored in a game v stoke and we didn't win the league. Are you classing right back as anyone who plays there or who's playing there at the time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He wasn't playing right back at the time though. Amartey started there today, he scored in a game v stoke and we didn't win the league. Are you classing right back as anyone who plays there or who's playing there at the time?

I assumed he was talking about Richie De Laet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I assumed he was talking about Richie De Laet.

I guessed that, but Ricardo wasn't playing right back today, Amartey was. If we're just classing it as a goal by someone who's played right back or can play right back Amartey has scored since De Laet scored, as has Albrighton for that matter, who's played right back a few times. If its just who was playing that position at the time the goal was scored, then no right back has scored since De Laet.

Did you actually read my original post? I'm not sure how you came up with the response of telling me it was De Laet when I never questioned that, only the definition of what he thought a right back was.

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I guessed that, but Ricardo wasn't playing right back today, Amartey was. If we're just classing it as a goal by someone who's played right back or can play right back Amartey has scored since De Laet scored, as has Albrighton for that matter, who's played right back a few times.

Did you actually read my original post? I'm not sure how you came up with the response of telling me it was De Laet when I never questioned that, only the definition of what he thought a right back was.

:nigel:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For Stats lovers I discovered an interesting site today:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league

The people behind this have had a lot of success predicting US election results and sports and have recently starting looking at football.  They have an interesting and evolving prediction model.  According to their current predictions we will finish 7th with 52 points.  6th is predicted to be Man U with 62 points, but Bournemouth, Watford, Everton and Wolves are predicted to be within 3 points of us.  So, basically 7-11 is anyone of four , but 6th is out of reach.  I don't think that is much of a surprise even without any statistical analysis.  We are currently expected to, on average, score 1.9 goals per match and concede 0.8 goals.  If you look at the whole table it is clearly the goals scored that is the decisive factor - there is not much to chose between teams in terms of expected goals against.

In case you are interested they predict that in the US mid term elections there is a 6/7 chance of the Democrats taking the House of Representatives, but only a 2/9 chance for the Senate :)

In 3 of the last 4 seasons the top 6 in the league has been Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs.

Since our promotion we have taken a total of 11 points from 78 (8 from 2015/16) on offer against those top 6 away from home. Could well be 11 from 90 by the end of 2018/19.

Yet we won the league in the other season. Go figure.

Never thought we’d do this!

“Tottenham fail to score for the 1st time in PL this season - Leicester are the only team that have scored in all of their opening 10 PL fixtures”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mayofox said:

The top five clubs have played the bottom five 19 times this season, and won every one. Scoring 60 goals, conceding 12.  Just an illustration of the huge gulf there is.

seen this stat (or similar) a few times in the last few weeks and wondered if anyone had a comparison to previous seasons? 

i mean the “big 5” basically always beat the relegation fodder, no? is this a new amazing stat? sure 19 out of 19 is decent but i also recently saw a stat that spurs have won like 39 out of their last 40 games against newly promoted teams. so surely this happens most years? 

31 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Am I right in saying until last Saturday, we were the only Premier League side to not break out of our home kit this season?

wore white against Wolves (in the EFL Cup, I know). But that's the kind of stat I love lol 

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

seen this stat (or similar) a few times in the last few weeks and wondered if anyone had a comparison to previous seasons? 

i mean the “big 5” basically always beat the relegation fodder, no? is this a new amazing stat? sure 19 out of 19 is decent but i also recently saw a stat that spurs have won like 39 out of their last 40 games against newly promoted teams. so surely this happens most years? 

Or looking at it another way, maybe the teams at the top have an artificially high position having played half their games against the worst teams. It also means that team who aren't really fancied don't get much of a chance of a confidence builder, which goes a long way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maddison leading England's schemers

Leicester midfielder James Maddison was in impressive form once more on Saturday, assisting Jamie Vardy's decisive goal in a 1-0 victory at Chelsea. 

The 22-year-old has created 41 goalscoring chances in the Premier League this season, which puts him top of the pile among his fellow English players. 

Goalscoring chances created
James Maddison 41
Raheem Sterling 31
Andros Townsend 29
Nathan Redmond 26
Solly March 24
Callum Wilson 23
Kieran Trippier 23
Wilfried Zaha 21
James Milner 21
Matt Ritchie 21

There are only two players who have created more chances in the league this season than Leicester's £20m summer signing from Norwich. 

Eden Hazard leads the way with 48, followed by Chelsea team-mate Willian with 43, while Fulham's Jean-Michel Seri and Bournemouth's Scottish winger Ryan Fraser are level with Maddison, having also created 41 chances to date.

• Thanks 1

I realised this morning we had seven English players starting against Chelsea. 

The entire front three, Hamza in the middle and three of the back line, one born in the East Midlands.

That has to be a record since returning to the Premier League and probably the last time we were here too?