Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Liverpool (a) post match thread 1 - 0

Many people are complaining about our performance. Did they see Liverpool v Watford last week- they were far worse than we were today. Liverpool only seem to perform well against the "top" teams..

Why not take today as a massive comlpiment?

I agree Col. Just wondered what you thought to the idea that if Vardy has got a virus and is under the weather, plus he's possibly still carrying a bit of an injury, that it may be worth resting him? It's a long season and better perhaps have him at 100% for many games rather than risk him for the one.

Whilst I also agree with the scoring hit we may take, perhaps the one game with Okazaki in the Vardy position with Krameric behind worth a one off try.

One, we could see if Okazaki is capable of it and two we'd put a few ghosts to bed re Krameric as he'd get a full chance to stake a claim and no excuses if he's clearly not up to it.

King for me is worth another go but with Inler on the sidelines for half time if no improvement. Vardy and and Drinky too precious to risk if not fully fit plus if they did lose a very loseable match against Man City, the return of two fit talisman would be a lift for the next game.

I certainly think it would be worth 'resting' these guys because it would also give us the chance to try a different approach. Either that, or play Marhez through the middle with Vardy if they're deemed fit enough.

Feck sske.If Arsenal have a foxestalk alternative I bet mbers on there are making plans for mass suicide!!!

Always great for knee jerk reactions is foxestalk!!!!

Up the city!!!

Not sure what is happening on the Arsenal boards, but wouldn't surprise me if they went into meltdown after tonight's result... opportunity blown and not for the first time

Didn't see a stream for the first time in a while. Didn't catch too much of the commentary either. What I did hear sounded pretty poor from our perspective. If we did have players ill then I wonder why play them when we have a game Tuesday where they will be needed. I assume the doctor was consulted and advised it wouldn't have a detrimental effect - hope he is right there and that the virus is short term.

we play in a way where we need to show real quality when breaking. Without our best players able to do perform, it's no surprise we weren't able to make inroads into their defence too often. also, fairly aimless long balls are turned to our advantage by JV chasing them down. If he isn't able to play his game then surely Claudio should have made changes earlier and tinkered with the formation/style?

Hopefully everyone learns from this and we move on. The defeat by arsenal didn't feel too bad because most recognised we had a go and but for the woodwork, it could have been a different outcome. Not sure this one feels anything like that for the team or fans. Tuesday is a big fixture. try not to lose ground against one of our closest rivals if we have designs on the top four.

We can't really deny that we don't have strength in depth apart from in central midfield. Very disappointed today.

Doesn't bode well for the rest of our flurry of fixtures til the end of January if they are complaining about being tired already.

I think we do have strength in depth, for our original aims of staying up / midtable. When it comes to top 4 quality, granted we're lacking that... not surprising really.

# We just lost only cour 2nd game of the season .The last one in 2015

# Spurs only other team to have only lost 2.

# with Man City we are the top scores...37

# We have the top Scorer in the league, with another city player breathing down his neck.

# A top scorer who just broke the PL record.

# Lukaku cant now better this record.In his great run, which ended today.

# We lost today, by a distance...but

# Maybe worst performance, but we havent been hammered. Just 1-0, where we could of equalised.

# Defence is working, not their fault they were under pressure.

# 2nd place couldnt take advantage, NOTE!!!! FOXES are still Top of the league.

# Manager doesnt whine or look for excuses, concedes the other side were more clinical.

# 3rd place next game.

# Spurs only team who took advantage, Man.city win expected

# Scousers both win, but still 4 games behind us. High midfield.

# 3 games at least to fall out of 4th

A little headache and disappointed ,yes but Smiling and relaxed going into another

New year, for the 1st time in many.

Foxforum generous in defeat, but way over the top on some criticism.

## oh I forgot, if it wasnt for a Liverpool injury, we might of taken a point.

Benteke....!!!

And agree that half-time was the point to make changes. Seems that most managers set their watches at 60min to do the swaps.

I can't really fault Ranieri's tactics or subs so far but today I thought the subs were way too late, like you say it was crying out for changes at HT.

I can't really fault Ranieri's tactics or subs so far but today I thought the subs were way too late, like you say it was crying out for changes at HT.

It was the same in the Chelsea game I thought, took too long. But like you say, he's got so much right... it's harsh to moan to much really.

Okazaki got no service today due to us only having one player in midfield.

Ulloa came on for the last 25 minutes during which we had woken up and we're getting the ball forward, but Leo just did his out of control horse impression, jumping about letting the ball bounce off him in random directions.

The only positive thing I can say about Ulloa's performance is that for once he didn't miss a sitter.

Oh come on....Shinji has hardly played as a striker - or even a support striker - since the Sunderland win. But as a front end midfielder he offered next to nothing and has had about three genuinely decent games all season. But he was just one of many who weren't allowed to play today and our team had real problems firing off about five out of 14 cyclinders.

It seems clear from what the manager said that he's been aware some of the players are running on the "shortage of fuel" light. Given that I actually think they gave their all and very nearly sneaked a draw that would have flattered them but felt very welcome.

Two defeats in half a season after ages without defeat the season yet still we have people condemning individuals. I wouldn't condemn any of them but I do hope they can get their breath back quickly.        

Archived