Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Liverpool (a) post match thread 1 - 0

Today shows why we won't win the league.

Vardy apparently played with a virus and wasn't anywhere near 100%

This shows our lack of strength in depth up front.

Ulloa and Oza are not good enough to score enough goals if Vardy is not on his game.

I think it's imperative (if we won't to win the league) that we get another top striker at the club.

I'm afraid neither Ulloa, Shinji nor Kram will score us anywhere near the goals Vardy does, or play like he plays.

A team really having title aspirations would today have rested Vardy and brought in someone nearly as good.

Why bother? We are going to be relegated next season, anyway, and we'll be lucky to finish 15th this season.

For fvck's sake Col, give it a break...

Today shows why we won't win the league.

Vardy apparently played with a virus and wasn't anywhere near 100%

This shows our lack of strength in depth up front.

Ulloa and Oza are not good enough to score enough goals if Vardy is not on his game.

I think it's imperative (if we won't to win the league) that we get another top striker at the club.

I'm afraid neither Ulloa, Shinji nor Kram will score us anywhere near the goals Vardy does, or play like he plays.

A team really having title aspirations would today have rested Vardy and brought in someone nearly as good.

Klopp showed what a good coach he is by presenting a super-fit team and stifling all our strengths at source.

That we even stayed in with a chance of a point was massive credit to the dogged determination of a team that, to me, has finally started to show signs of the fatigue most of thought was inevitable given the weight of so few having to do so much so often.

A lot of teams would have lost by three-or-four goals to Liverpool today. In fact I thought we did quite well in limiting their clear-cut chances but the sight of Kramaric and Dyer, in particular, representing our best available chances, said so much. They were never going to be good enough and Dyer's one noteworthy involvement involved him being brushed aside after a bit of a shimmy as if he didn't exist.     

The average player position thing has Okazaki directly behind Vardy in line with Mahrez

.....And Van Gaal wins every game because of possession stats?

I watched the game and it was the furthest forward okazaki has been all season. Deffo the closest to 4-4-2 rather than 4-4-1-1 this season.

Klopp showed what a good coach he is by presenting a super-fit team and stifling all our strengths at source.

That we even stayed in with a chance of a point was massive credit to the dogged determination of a team that, to me, has finally started to show signs of the fatigue most of thought was inevitable given the weight of so few having to do so much so often.

A lot of teams would have lost by three-or-four goals to Liverpool today. In fact I thought we did quite well in limiting their clear-cut chances but the sight of Kramaric and Dyer, in particular, representing our best available chances, said so much. They were never going to be good enough and Dyer's one noteworthy involvement involved him being brushed aside after a bit of a shimmy as if he didn't exist.     

Just like Mahrez (The best player in the league this season) for the whole game.

Our position in the league this season is a result of others underperforming. We have to understand that even at our best, liverpool will win if they are anywhere near theirs.

All this 'we missed drinky' is irrelevant. If the likes of coutinho plays to his potential, drinky wouldnt be able to do a thing.

Definetly, who knows? and most likely.

How about you lay off the guy who is responsible for us still being in this league (ulloa), the guy who hasn't really had a chance (kram) and the guy who has been in the country half a season (okazaki).

Austin is better than all 3....but every side would take all 3 in a heartbeat.

I appreciate all three players, but my general point is that Ulloa is probably yo-yo standard, who knows with Kramma, and Shinji too. I really hope all three come good.

If this club has higher ambitions, Ulloa and Shinji are squad players in my opinion.

I appreciate all three players, but my general point is that Ulloa is probably yo-yo standard, who knows with Kramma, and Shinji too. I really hope all three come good.

If this club has higher ambitions, Ulloa and Shinji are squad players in my opinion.

Yo-yo standard?

Morgan and Was said he was the best striker in the championship the season we went up, and he scored 12(?) in a side bottom for most of the season.

No-one is arguing they are 'class' players, but how can you insinuate that none are championship standard, but then suggest they should be squad players?

Funny old world, probably our worst performance in 28 league games or putting it another way 75% of a season. Then the manager comes out making excuses like they were better than us and our star player had a virus. Half expected him to point out how much more money they have spent than us, then again he would be right and this is not the end of the world.

Then remembered I support Leicester City and wonder what it is like to support someone like Man Utd or Chelsea or one of the big clubs who expect to win every game, wonder what it is like on their forums. United have spent something like £250 million on top of an already costly squad and are 9 pts behind us.

Liverpool season ticket holder for the last 20 years.

Felt i had to register as i have read most of these posts and its evident that as well as a class team you also have fans with class who are gracious in defeat.

I can honestly say following my club for all these years I've been on an emotional rollercoaster but never have i not fancied Liverpool to win at Anfield to any club like i did at kick off today and that includes Real Madrid and Barcelona. I thought you were going to do us and i can tell you a lot of Liverpool fans felt that way.

I think the worst thing that could of happened to you was our defeat at Watford last week as it was a major kick up the hoop for Liverpool so they needed that result today.

In hindsight i think it could be a kick up the ring piece for yourselves and i hope Leicester can respond because in an age of football fat cats throwing money at the problem Leicester are sat at the top sticking up two fingers at the big boys.

So keep on dreaming as winning the holy grail is not beyond your ability. 

Good luck Leicester city! Dare to dream.

Klopp got the tactics right, along with Wenger so far,he out thought Ranieri.

Liverpool's pressing plus extra in midfield allowed them to get on top first half.

It looked as if we would repel their superior possession but our counter attacks were snuffed out.

We were lacklustre and unable to counter Liverpool's pressing game.

It's a pity the Liverpool that played Watford didn't turn up!

Definetly, who knows? and most likely.

How about you lay off the guy who is responsible for us still being in this league (ulloa), the guy who hasn't really had a chance (kram) and the guy who has been in the country half a season (okazaki).

Austin is better than all 3....but every side would take all 3 in a heartbeat.

This.

One sloppy performance and people are having meltdowns.

We looked tired today for the first time in a long time, few performers turned up such as Morgan and Kante, the rest were forgettable. In some ways its a good thing as the run had to come to an end at some point, re-ignite the hunger and put on a good show against Man City and we'll be back on track.

Yo-yo standard?

Morgan and Was said he was the best striker in the championship the season we went up, and he scored 12(?) in a side bottom for most of the season.

No-one is arguing they are 'class' players, but how can you insinuate that none are championship standard, but then suggest they should be squad players?

Of course they're Championship standard. What I was trying to get across with my post was they're hardly Premiership standard, at least for a side that's not going to be battling relegation year in and year out. My bad for not making that clearer.

If Ulloa was Premiership standard, he'd actually finish at least some of the handful of chances he's had this season. And while I'm obviously grateful for his contributions last season, he was hardly consistent. For a side that aspires to be mid-table or better, I think Ulloa needs to do much better with his chances.

Liverpool season ticket holder for the last 20 years.

Felt i had to register as i have read most of these posts and its evident that as well as a class team you also have fans with class who are gracious in defeat.

I can honestly say following my club for all these years I've been on an emotional rollercoaster but never have i not fancied Liverpool to win at Anfield to any club like i did at kick off today and that includes Real Madrid and Barcelona. I thought you were going to do us and i can tell you a lot of Liverpool fans felt that way.

I think the worst thing that could of happened to you was our defeat at Watford last week as it was a major kick up the hoop for Liverpool so they needed that result today.

In hindsight i think it could be a kick up the ring piece for yourselves and i hope Leicester can respond because in an age of football fat cats throwing money at the problem Leicester are sat at the top sticking up two fingers at the big boys.

So keep on dreaming as winning the holy grail is not beyond your ability.

Good luck Leicester city! Dare to dream.

Cheers fella. You were brilliant today so the best team won. I spoke to a few Liverpool fans on the way out and had a good chat, other than the result it was a nice day out. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Is that the same Dyer who had our only decent chance that forced Simon into a great save ?

However, I agree entirely that apart from that Dyer was pizz poor

Not seen the goal as only just got back but I'm hoping Wes wasn't at fault as I thought he was immense today

Probably the worst away day ever what with the result and the Gestapo stewards who were just a bunch of complete ******

Quite a few running on empty at the end so squad will be stretched Tuesday to the absolute limit

King is ok for a 10/15 min cameo but not a full 90 next to Kante as it makes us too lightweight in the middle of the park. Constant hoofing away from the back four is just asking for trouble. You could see Liverpool scoring because we just couldn't keep hold of the ball. Half time for me, 352, Inler on for Simpson

Archived