Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Fragrances

I'm a bit of a traditionalist and still use Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior.

I did try something different this summer after coming across a sample bottle that I liked and that's Jil Sander Sun.

General rule about use, a fragrance is only supposed to be subtle, not used to mask the smell of the great unwashed. Just spray it on one wrist, share it with the other wrist and then rub both wrists on your neck. Nothing worse than a man stinking of too much 

I generally call it fragrance. Cologne and aftershave just make me think of the 70s, bad hair and second hand smoke.

I thought everyone called it aftershave...

I tend to have stuff that's been bought for me. Using a 4 pack of Ralph Lauren stuff mostly at the moment. My favourite has to be channel sport though. Really good stuff.

I've mentioned this on here before but if you're wanting some great stuff on a budget, some of the aftershave Zara do is great. I've preferred it to many of more expensive aftershaves I've had in the past.

Thanks for the replies.

My students asked me last Monday and knew that after-shave is very dated, wasn't sure about cologne. Fragrance didn't sound masculine - but clearly it is now - Scent and eau de toilette were my other thoughts.

Checked out Beckham's line and seemed to have a mixture of tags.

Thanks for the replies.

My students asked me last Monday and knew that after-shave is very dated, wasn't sure about cologne. Fragrance didn't sound masculine - but clearly it is now - Scent and eau de toilette were my other thoughts.

Checked out Beckham's line and seemed to have a mixture of tags.

:blink: Seriously? What is the matter with you people?

It's like listening to a bunch of women.

:blink: Seriously? What is the matter with you people?

It's like listening to a bunch of women.

You clearly are a similar age to me.

Sounds feminine but the guys of today clearly don't think so.

You clearly are a similar age to me.

Sounds feminine but the guys of today clearly don't think so.

I agree with you pair and I'm 21 lol

Not into it as much as everyone else it seems but I just call it aftershave.

CKone at the minute. Did use Hollister's (no idea what they called it) until that ran out and I've not been arsed to go Birmingham to get any more since.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried Acqua di Parma fragrances some time back and they are all I wear now. It's all oil based so the fragrance lasts longer and each wears down really nicely. Additionally the fragrances are actually different to most of the more recognised brands out there. I swear so many fragrances are so so similar. Sandalwood and a couple of other bits thrown in. Acqua di Parma probably not to all tastes but out of the whole range, I love about 80% of them. Their signature scent is my least favourite, but the ones from various regions of Italy are all superb.

There is another brand I forget but the scent is West Indian limes. Very different. Always gets comments, some very positive, some not so much. I think it wears down wonderfully but it doesn't have that saccharine edge to it which much of the population now seemingly demands.