Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

Just finished watching on a time delay. Very harsh decision on Dyer - the ball fell onto his hand as he was turning around, more than anything.

Dyerbolical.

Anyway, other observations; I thought we did well. Especially without the ball we were great defensively, forcing them to take long shots and keeping them at bay.

We definitely missed Vardy and Mahrez but Ulloa did a decent job up front and Okazaki's goal is just typical of his perseverance. Dyer' can't really be blamed for the handball but otherwise had a decent game.

Very impressed with the new boy, he looks very promising particularly if he can score from range.

Chillwell was very good. Very impressive performance though did make some mistakes when out of position but none as bad as Konchesky is capable of.

Overall very pleased with that performance, annoyed at that penalty but at least these players get another run out in the cup. Hope to see more of Gray and Chillwell particularly

5 in a row against us? They didn't get a peno in the 1-1 draw in August nor in the league game at KP last season? Or do you mean away from home?

think he means benefitted either way, by getting one that wasn't or us not getting one that was. 

last season @ home vertonghen nearly killed vardy down the kop end and it was waved away, then this season there was a blatant foul on mahrez that was ignored too. then obviously there was today, there was kramaric in the cup last season and there was that disaster of a decision nuge/rose in the harry kane hat trick game in march. 

That challenge on Chilwell was an assault not a tackle.   at least

Should have been a caution. Ref let too many fouls by Spurs go. He was poor.

No penalty,the ref appeared unsighted and could only have given the decision on his assistant's advice.If so 2 officials need a refresher course.

That was a frustrating watch. Looked desperate at times, couldn't hold the ball up. Second ball invariably fell to a Spurs player. So slow to react, especially the first half. Okazaki did well for his goal, but really needs to stay on his feet and look after the ball more. Dyer clueless. I wasn't expecting much anyway.

What we did very well, played almost a full second string side and forced them to bring on two of their best players. They couldn't really break us down either

I watched the game  and can't remember seeing any of you standing behind the ref when he gave the pen. I'm amazed how you can be so certain as to what he saw.

Seriously? We've got the tv replays to show that Roses body is blocking the ball from his view completely. The only official who has a view of it is the linesman who... doesn't signal for anything. The reason we can be certain as to what he saw is because x-ray vision is science-fiction.

The ref doesn't get 16 replays, he has to make an instant decision. It was probably the wrong decision but it was an honest mistake.

I admire your stiff upper lip approach Webbo but the New Years Honours are done mate! It was just a ludicrous award based on ????

Claudio was professional cos hes a treasure, however you Sir should bitch and moan a bit :)

i cant think of many, if any blatantly wrong decisions given against us? 

and as i said i dont see why the fact that we keep getting honest, obvious penalties in previous games means we deserve to be robbed of an fa cup tie and arent allowed to complain about a ridiculously bad decision by a moron of a referee?

Probably why he said iffy rather than blatent.

It's one of them for me that I can see at the time why he'd give it either way. Dyers got his arms out at full stretch and his hand's made contact with the ball. It's intentional by the looks of it but his hands aren't exactly down by his side.

One thing I can guarantee though, is that if that happened in the Spurs box. @@The Doctor would be adament that it was a stonewall penalty.

A penalty is a harsh punishment for that offence, deliberate or not. Should be a indirect free kick for handballs unless obviously deliberate.

I was gonna say this a few days ago, it seems like it would be a good idea to me at least.

I've done stacks of refereeing and there's only one guideline worth mentioning in my sport but one that should surely apply to others

"Only give what you see."

Today's referee must have given what he didn't see because that was never a deliberate handball and I'd have been laughing if we'd been given it and accepting - for all my undoubted bias but fair-mindedness - that the opposition had been robbed.   

Probably why he said iffy rather than blatent.

It's one of them for me that I can see at the time why he'd give it either way. Dyers got his arms out at full stretch and his hand's made contact with the ball. It's intentional by the looks of it but his hands aren't exactly down by his side.

One thing I can guarantee though, is that if that happened in the Spurs box. @@The Doctor would be adament that it was a stonewall penalty.

Not in the slightest - in that sort of situation the player is turning in a perfectly normal way and has no idea where the ball is. There can be no intent in that situation whatsoever. There's no way he can give it when he's not seen anything, and there's nothing to see in the first place. 

A good all round performance.

A pity Kasper didn't catch when saving before Spurs goal.As for the penalty the Ref needs to read the laws!

Good performances by the whole team,King and Inler stood out for me,Particularly 2nd half,after N'G went off.

Neither Chilwell nor Gray looked out of place.

I don't think it was a penalty but we have had Lady Luck in our favour more often than not this season.

Last year we got fisted by the officials but this year it's been fairly balanced and to be honest I'd say we're about even now.

Still it's annoying because had we knocked out Spurs, away from home, we'd have been serious contenders for the Cup. Obviously we can still qualify but knocking out one of the 3 sides in the league that I think will definitely finish above us would have been massive.

Archived