Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Drinky in England 40 man squad?

He won't go to France. No doubt about it. Despite watching him dominate his first choice Jordan Henderson on Tuesday with his own eyes he'll fail to look past the big club bias

We will be lucky to get out of the qualifying group. :glare:

I think Danny should easily be in the England squad as I don't think we are particularly strong in centre mid. But realistically, I can't see him getting picked. I think it's massively unlikely that Roy will pick a player for the Euros that has never been in an England squad before. He'll more than likely pick players like Milner that are shit but have played for him before

There is so much shit on that list that it's pointless having the get together. How I wish for an England manager with balls and a single mindedness to want to win the trophy for himself and **** off the bullshit, FA pressure and media crap that surrounds the job. But that man will never get the job and as such we'll have to endure the boring predictable crap we've suffered for years served up by yes men who aren't good enough or past their best but at least they toe the party line.

There is so much shit on that list that it's pointless having the get together. How I wish for an England manager with balls and a single mindedness to want to win the trophy for himself and **** off the bullshit, FA pressure and media crap that surrounds the job. But that man will never get the job and as such we'll have to endure the boring predictable crap we've suffered for years served up by yes men who aren't good enough or past their best but at least they toe the party line.

Couldn't agree more!

here's a list of 41 that have been picked in the last 12monthsThe article says Luke Shaw hasn't been asked as he has a broken leg.

That'd be the 40 then.

Joe Hart
Jack Butland
Tom Heaton
Nathaniel Clyne
Kieran Gibbs
Gary Cahill (Vice-captain)
John Stones
Chris Smalling
Phil Jones
Kyle Walker Gash
Ryan Bertrand No
Eric Dier
Dele Alli
Ross Barkley
Raheem Sterling
Jonjo Shelvey No thank you
Ryan Mason Nah mate
Jesse Lingard Nein nein nein
Adam Lallana
Harry Kane
Wayne Rooney (Captain)
Robert Green Nope nope nope
Fraser Forster
Phil Jagielka
Luke Shaw Injured
Leighton Baines
Danny Rose Gash
Fabian Delph
Michael Carrick
James Milner
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Andros Townsend Gash
Jack Wilshere
Jordan Henderson
Tom Cleverley Gash
Jamie Vardy
Theo Walcott
Danny Ings Not played much all season
Charlie Austin  Played in champ all season
Danny Welbeck
Daniel Sturridge

Let me just cross out the one's who shouldn't go

Arguably shouldn't go based on form and injuries etc...:

Sturridge

Welbeck

Walcott 

Chamberlain 

Gibbs

Milner

You just know all those WILL be picked though

It's one thing hiding behind a 100% record, whatever that means , but it's not something to be criticised for.

You can't criticise winning 100% of your games, but you can't go overboard with that either given the opposition, and you can criticise the performances that, lets be honest, look very similar to the ones that saw us humiliated in Brazil. I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if England have a good tournament, but they won't, it's well and truly ingrained in us to hide behind things rather than address problems.

Wasn't so long ago that i thought midfield was a weak area for England but there seems to be lots options now and potentially very good ones.

If only Kante was English.

If Kante were English we'd still get overrun in midfield. Carrick has more big game experience, you see... :@

You can't criticise winning 100% of your games, but you can't go overboard with that either given the opposition, and you can criticise the performances that, lets be honest, look very similar to the ones that saw us humiliated in Brazil. I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if England have a good tournament, but they won't, it's well and truly ingrained in us to hide behind things rather than address problems.

The talk on here makes it seem like he's an incompetent moron he doesn't know how to win a game.

It's assumed that he's going to play Vardy on the left of a 3 and that's a stupidly bad idea but that's how Pearson played him.

It's like people have decided that England are a disaster and they're not letting facts getting in the way.

Now to make myself unpopular.

I believe Roy H. is a good England manager.

England no doubt had a poor World Cup.

He got rid of the old guard

He went for youth, doing what all fans wanted.

Whether you like Spurs or not, in Kane and Ali 2 of the top English players this season.

Rooney, I'd like to see him play behind Kane and Vardy.

Milner, hes simply a damn good utility player.Wouldnt start a game if I was selecting, but top sub.

Barkley, Chamberlain, If they could improve onvtheir ball control, and know when to off load, great talent.

Wilshere, love to see him get fit, and get some top games behind him.Best player for England.

Now the topics theme. Our beloved Danny.D.

This season 1/3 top midfielders in PL.

His he good enough to be an International??? at least deserves a chance, in the friendlies to make a mark.

If he doesnt get picked, depending on other choices from Roy, I wont go on any silly witchhunt.

The talk on here makes it seem like he's an incompetent moron he doesn't know how to win a game.

It's assumed that he's going to play Vardy on the left of a 3 and that's a stupidly bad idea but that's how Pearson played him.

It's like people have decided that England are a disaster and they're not letting facts getting in the way.

No it wasn't... He played him as the focal striker in a 4-4-2 and as the partner to ulloa in the two up top in the 4-3-1-2 vs Man Utd and the 3-4-1-2 we ended the season with. Don't confuse vardys willingness to run the channels with being played as a winger.

He went for youth, doing what all fans wanted.

No he didn't. The only youth he picked at the world cup was Sterling.

Meanwhile Welbeck was playing because he'd worn the Man U & Arsenal shirts and Glen Johnson because he'd worn a Liverpool one. In form, exciting (at the time) players like Lallana & Barkley were left out.

We continue to pick Rooney, an England failure and a has been, whilst players like Vardy have to settle with playing out wide or not at all. Drinkwater will probably be left at home despite being pivotal for a side that will fingers crossed touch wood at least go close to winning the league.

He's been in charge 4 years and we have no system, no best 11 and no philosophy.

All England managers since the 90s have been poor, but Hodgson is the worst of the lot.

Meanwhile Welbeck was playing because he'd worn the Man U & Arsenal shirts and Glen Johnson because he'd worn a Liverpool one. In form, exciting (at the time) players like Lallana & Barkley were left out.

We continue to pick Rooney, an England failure and a has been, whilst players like Vardy have to settle with playing out wide or not at all. Drinkwater will probably be left at home despite being pivotal for a side that will fingers crossed touch wood at least go close to winning the league.

He's been in charge 4 years and we have no system, no best 11 and no philosophy.

All England managers since the 90s have been poor, but Hodgson is the worst of the lot.

To be fair the last time England played Vardy was on 'form'. I think he's now cemented the fact that the form is actually a top quality player. Think Woy will play him in the centre, also, I'm positive Drinky will get a call up. You've just gotta watch MOTD when everyone is wan*ing over Drinky... How can Woy not pick him!?

Just had an hour long argument with a Liverpool fan at work who said he'd rather take James Milner to the Euros. Almost handed my notice in mid-way through

I would of handed it in by 'Milner'

I aint arguing, but he went for youth...

Just had an hour long argument with a Liverpool fan at work who said he'd rather take James Milner to the Euros. Almost handed my notice in mid-way through

I had the same argument with a Liverpool fan in a pub the other week. He laughed when I said Drinkwater should be in the England team... I asked who has been a better CM this season... He said urrmmmm.. Alli , OK, urrrrmmmm, Carrick (after 20 seconds) safe to say he looked a dick and everyone laughed at him

Archived