Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

This post is absolutey spot on...

we all know (the whole nation not just leicester fans) who the starting 11 should be

but Woys starting 11 will be just this cos hes too stubborn:

Hart

Clyne Cahill Smalling Baines

Milner Carrick Henderson

Sterling Rooney Welbeck

Would agree apart from carrick, he didn't even get a call up for the two friendlies ...

Had a discussion with a work colleague about the up and coming friendlies and I'd like to see this.

4-3-1-2

Butland

Clyne

Stones

Smalling

Rose

Alli

Dier

Drinkwater

Barkley

Kane

Vardy

Clyne and Rose acting like wingbacks with Dier dropping into a more defensive position when going forward. Alli and Drinkwater being box to box midfielders, Barkley just behind the front two. Kane and Vardy up top together.

I was in Costa this morning and someone left a copy of today's sun on the table next to me so I had a quick flick through the sports pages...

Their chief sports writer reckons we should start Rooney on the wing lol

Had a discussion with a work colleague about the up and coming friendlies and I'd like to see this.

4-3-1-2

Butland

Clyne

Stones

Smalling

Rose

Alli

Dier

Drinkwater

Barkley

Kane

Vardy

Clyne and Rose acting like wingbacks with Dier dropping into a more defensive position when going forward. Alli and Drinkwater being box to box midfielders, Barkley just behind the front two. Kane and Vardy up top together.

Pretty much what I'd go for too. We don't have the players for 4-2-3-1.

I am really worried as an England supporter about what Woy is gonna do to us in the finals.

He will take all the injured players mentioned so so much in the press over the past week and he will play them over any young and upcoming talent that deserve to start.  He's too stubborn not to make the changes the nation is screaming out for. He just won't do it.  He has stated over and over again that he is in charge and it's his choice, no one else's.  You can just tell by his comments and his overall attitude that he's not gonna budge and he will play the same usual suspects rather than players who are 100% fit and in form.  You can see it coming a mile off and can read it like a badly wrote mills & boon novel

I think Wales will beat us. I think Russia will beat us.

I think Woy will get it COMPLETELY wrong as he has done in the last major tournament and we will slump as all he is bothered about is "expewience".

The only way he will change my mind is in the first game he surprises us all and plays the team that SHOULD be playing rather than the loyal has beens who really haven't really done anything for us ever.

FUMING

paul-merson-england-xi_3437138.jpg?20160

alli right forward rooney left forward, milner defensive mid

whats the point

Ha.

Matuidi diarra

Payet pogba griezman

Giroud.

Unbelievable gulf between those 2. When they realise how good Kanté is, it will be even bigger.

Where on earth did all this hype come from for John Stones anyway?

Not a regular for Everton, models himself on Sol Bamba and costs his teams goals... but that all doesn't matter because at least he's not hoofing it out like Morgan and Huth. 

A big problem for Hodgson is that without Baines in the squad there's nobody who can take a decent set piece.

Say what you like about Beckham or Gerrard or (to a lesser extent) Lampard's contribution to the side in open play, they could all take a decent set piece, something which often got us out of jail.

Looking at that starting XI it's going to be fvcking Henderson taking corners and free kicks.

Anyone doing any of the friendlies before hand? I'm off to the Turkey game in Manchester.

I was thinking about that game. I think tickets are only like £20, and it's on my birthday. Dunno yet.

I haven't been to an England game since 2005.

Imagine if we have to play France and they turn up with a midfield 3 of Kante, Pogba and Payet.

Hopefully England do play them and get schooled.

Mind you, you don't need the quality of those 3 to play England for them to be schooled, think Scotland could school England and Woy.

Infact and i'm gonna make a huge statement here, have England got Scotland to play in an upcoming friendly? Regardless of whether they have or not I genuinely think i'd want Scotland to win and everyone know's my opinion on the Jocks.

Mind you, you don't need the quality of those 3 to play England for them to be schooled, think Scotland could school England and Woy.

Infact and i'm gonna make a huge statement here, have England got Scotland to play in an upcoming friendly? Regardless of whether they have or not I genuinely think i'd want Scotland to win and everyone know's my opinion on the Jocks.

Get real, Scotland. They haven't qualified for a major tournament in years and you think they are better, people really are stupid sometimes. I would rather qualify for a tournament and do rubbish than just be that inept that you can't even qualify for one

Get real, Scotland. They haven't qualified for a major tournament in years and you think they are better, people really are stupid sometimes. I would rather qualify for a tournament and do rubbish than just be that inept that you can't even qualify for one

They'd give England a run for their money, and in past games that's been proven.

Wasn't that long ago England won with a last minute goal was it?

They'd give England a run for their money, and in past games that's been proven.

Wasn't that long ago England won with a last minute goal was it?

I don't take friendlies as an indicator of anything, Scotland are that bad they can't qualify for anything, they lose to teams that England have managed to beat on a regular basis for the past few years now. Throughout my time of watching football the odd result in which Scotland still lost says nothing. Sorry but losing isn't schooling a team.

I remember Germany recently struggling against them, what we saying that Scotland schooled them too because they only just lost

Change the record lad

Archived