Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

You just know that if Wooney is anything like back to fitness, he's in and will start.

Hodgson seems utterly incapable of looking past him in any way shape or form.

He should start the first game with Kane playing alongside Vardy. That's so clear to me. Bollox to Sturridge..he'd probably fall over with a pulled hammy in the opening game.

Kane has become a really good striker. He can hold the ball up well, he can finish with the best of them and we all know what Vardy can do. He'd be chasing down ageing continental defenders and giving them a torrid time.

I also rate Drinkwater over a lot of the other midfielders currently, and if he goes for Milner again, I'll just about give up.

Shouldn't be unpopular. Deeney would bring us something very different. He's been class this season for Watford in helping Ighalo score so many goals.

Yeah Deeney on reflection has had a better season than Rooney, plus Deeney has more of a physical presents. For me no question Deeney must be considered.  

Barkley is having a good season but I can stand him playing for England, he picks the ball up takes it past one or two players and shoots from silly positions at least twice a game.

You've got to hate a player that tries to drive forward and make something happen. 

Give me Barkley any day over someone who will constantly just look to recycle possession and play risk free.

You've got to hate a player that tries to drive forward and make something happen.

Give me Barkley any day over someone who will constantly just look to recycle possession and play risk free.

he tries to make stuff happen but he makes poor decisions all of the time, occasionally he'll score a deflected goal from the edge of the area but it doesn't mean he should shoot when he likes. He's like a better, central Andros Townsend

I'd consider Deeney but not sure I'd actually go through with it and take him. Another who's a Liverpool move away from a place I reckon.

If Welbeck and Sturridge didn't stay fit (which must be likely!) then he could have a chance but I don't think Hodgson would see enough of what Troy does outside of scoring.

Who knows how fit Rooney will be after 8 weeks out?...sounded like last week Hodgson was still going to rely on him despite the efforts of Vardy and Kane.

Might be an unpopular view on here byt I'd like Deeney to go instead of Rooney or Walcott

Would take Deeney over Rooney definitely. 

You just know Jack Wilshere will walk back into the England side ahead of someone like Drinkwater, so so predictable.

England Vs Russia 11th June 2016

England Vs Wales 16th June 2016

England vs Slovakia 20th June 2016

UK EU referendum 23th June 2016

Looking forward to us going out of Europe twice this summer

Hopefully it won't be either....if you've got any sense you'll agree. ;)

By the sounds of it Hodgson has already picked his squad. Rooney Wiltshire and Shaw all mentioned even though they have been out injured.

:( totally pisses me off.

But Hodgson said a lack of game time does not mean he would not call up the 28-cap player, explaining: "Players are either fit to play or not. For me, it's all about the class of the player."

He added: "We need classy players, players we can trust, players we know what they will give us and players who have the desire, motivation and wish to play for England, to do all that's necessary. Luckily we have some of those."

Archived