Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

Yeah if Welbeck and Sturrdige play until the end of the season I won't be surprised to see Vardy miss out, can't see us taking 5 strikers and then Walcott as well.

I don't see why not, we always struggle for goals come a major tournament, but know typical Woy he'll only name three. 

I don't want to live in a world where the premier leagues top scorer doesn't go to the euros.

it happens most major tournaments. darren bent being the best example. before the 06 World Cup he tore it up for f ucking charlton and was like 3rd top scorer and I think top English scorer and wasn't even mentioned. before 2010 he scored 24 prem goals for f ucking Sunderland and didn't go.

Woy really pissed me off on MOTD,

When Shearer asked him about Vardy and Kane's form you could tell that what he was really saying was 'surely Rooney cannot be guaranteed a place with these two in such great form' and Woy's response was 'well Wayne is our captain and can't be dropped??!'

Why the **** can he not be dropped?? If two players are better than him, then surely that has to happen,

That one sentance epitomised what is wrong with England 

This is what should be England 11 based on the past 12 months

Butland

Clyne    Stones   Smalling   Baines

Barkley   Dier  Drinkwater

Alli           

Kane      Vardy  

What it will be;

Hart

Clyne   Cahill  Smalling  Baines

Milner    Carrick  Henderson 

Sterling    Rooney   Welbeck                                

it happens most major tournaments. darren bent being the best example. before the 06 World Cup he tore it up for f ucking charlton and was like 3rd top scorer and I think top English scorer and wasn't even mentioned. before 2010 he scored 24 prem goals for f ucking Sunderland and didn't go.

Now now, most is most definitely an exaggeration, I think the top English scorer has gone to every major tournament since 1996 (first tournament when qualified for since the premier league era) the the exception of Bent in 06, which was a weird squad with the somewhat random inclusion of Theo Walcott.

We don't have a decent winger.

If you could rely on them to show their best form (which doesn't happen often enough) then I would play Walcott and Sterling on the wings with this team...

Butland

Clyne Smalling Cahill Bertrand

Walcott Dier Ali Sterling

Kane Vardy

Might be an unpopular view on here byt I'd like Deeney to go instead of Rooney or Walcott

Shouldn't be unpopular. Deeney would bring us something very different. He's been class this season for Watford in helping Ighalo score so many goals.

Woy really pissed me off on MOTD,

When Shearer asked him about Vardy and Kane's form you could tell that what he was really saying was 'surely Rooney cannot be guaranteed a place with these two in such great form' and Woy's response was 'well Wayne is our captain and can't be dropped??!'

Why the **** can he not be dropped?? If two players are better than him, then surely that has to happen,

That one sentance epitomised what is wrong with England 

This is what should be England 11 based on the past 12 months

Butland

Clyne    Stones   Smalling   Baines

Barkley   Dier  Drinkwater

Alli           

Kane      Vardy  

What it will be;

Hart

Clyne   Cahill  Smalling  Baines

Milner    Carrick  Henderson 

Sterling    Rooney   Welbeck

Personally I'm against picking on form... Players go in and out of form, which can make it difficult to build continuity in a national side.

Ultimately it's form that will get you noticed, but that player has to offer something that would fit into the main base of your side - something Wroy has got wrong in spades since he took over.

Vardy as a classic example, fine he got picked for the last few squads but was then dumped out on the wing. Well what's the point in that? What was Wroy watching that made him think, I know Vardy would make a good winger in our setup. It's exactly the same ludicrous logic that brought you the calamity of the Italy game in the World Cup - and genius tactical insight such as picking Welbeck on the wing because he's good defensively (despite being useless going forward in that position).

The biggest frustration for me is that this will be his 3rd tournament and he still hasn't installed an identity, a basic framework of how he wants to play, making his squad selection all over the place. If we look back at Sven, Hoddle and Venebales, they generally had a plan, a base 8 or 9 and then tinkered around the edges.

if i was england manager (which i should be) the team i'd be winning the euros with (and winning every game to boot) would be 

dont care 

clyne  -  smalling  -  cahill  -  bertrand 

henderson

alli  -  drinkwater

sterling 

vardy  -  kane

bench - someone in goal, stones, baines, walker, milner, theo, andy carroll 

wow that defence was hard to pick. we have one half good defender in our whole country god we're f ucked. probs swap carroll for kane when we remember kane is shit. 

a) just let him its what he does best 

b) yeah hes too weak like silva an messi an mahrez an all the other weak players in the game who shouldnt be playing either 

c) he'll be fit no fears and he will score a header from 25 yards to win the world cup for me 

a) just let him its what he does best

b) yeah hes too weak like silva an messi an mahrez an all the other weak players in the game who shouldnt be playing either

c) he'll be fit no fears and he will score a header from 25 yards to win the world cup for me

I really like that team bar Henderson, I think on current form for this season I would swap in Dier instead.

Archived