Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another job rejection and even worse - it was my dream job and now means I can't move to Cape Town. 

Utterly distraught, confused and bereft. Have no idea what to do with my life now. Feel like I need to get away for a few weeks but don't have any money to do so. 

Bugger. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yet another job rejection and even worse - it was my dream job and now means I can't move to Cape Town. 

Utterly distraught, confused and bereft. Have no idea what to do with my life now. Feel like I need to get away for a few weeks but don't have any money to do so. 

Bugger. 

Harsh  -  it's a numbers game applying for stuff. I would say over 50 percent of the jobs out there are not actually available and are earmarked for existing inside employees. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Bugger. 

That sucks man, unlucky - it's fine to be upset about it, natural it meant a lot to you to get the job,

But - the good news is despite all the focus being on that job for you - there is always other options out there - i love looking at jobs abroad, it's just that specific door is shut at this moment (and it could still always open again) - view it as an opportunity to look further - expand your options, I find that helps me a lot when I get down about something I really wanted to do falling through.

I'm in a bit of a spot like that at the moment, I miss living in Canada and it looked like i'd be going back this summer - but now with getting sick it's all looking a bit less unlikely which is pretty sucky and i'm using logic to constantly fight my depressive emotions on it, that's knackering mentally as a lot of you know when it's constantly happening - but also you feel stupid for not being able to cope with basic stuff and the cycle continues.

Even though i've not made it back to work yet I feel like I could get away for a few weeks as well lol it's stupid really as all i've been trying to do is relax and get a bit better and get back to work etc

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Bugger. 

Sorry to hear you didn't land your dream job mate - bugger indeed.

If it's any consolation, I'm in my mid 40's and still don't know what to do with my life! lol In fact, I'd go as far as to say most people go through their lives trying to figure out just what to do with their lives. I know very few people who really know their true purpose in life and what they were put on the planet to do (the best example is my brother-in-law who is a Methodist Minister)

What I've learnt over the years is just to do what feels right in the moment. Not what I think I should do or what others think I should do, but what feels right to me at the time. I suppose I've learnt to trust my 'vibes' and follow my gut instinct - I'm a big believer in this...

Your instinct right now is to get away for a few weeks and I'd encourage you to follow your heart here. I know you don't have the cash but if you could find a way, I'm sure it's the right course of action for you in this moment - because that's how you feel..

And throwing out all the usual cliches, I really do believe that 'things are sent to try us' and 'everything happens for a reason'. I know that's no use to you right now, but it's all meant to be in my experience. I'm a bit of a fatalist and reckon it's all mapped out for us anyway to a certain degree, so I just trust the process of life and believe that what will be, will be.

Keep positive mate because you never know what's around the corner. Something might just crop up out of nowhere and surprise you when you least expect it. Life has a habit of taking away with one hand and then giving straight back with the other. The 'Ying and the Yang' and all that :)

Good luck buddy :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Thought I'd check in on here and say hello. 

Although things can still be tough, it gets better.

I know some people don't feel like that, but scroll back 6 months to see how I was, I was in a bloody hospital. 

This thread kept me going at times. And it was literally just this thread, everyone rallied around.

There's some damn good people on here.

And whilst not fully cured (are you ever) it ain't as bleak as you think.

Anyone else going through it, hit me up in a PM. Might just be good to talk.

Lots of love to all of you that contribute. I seriously didn't think I'd get through this. Honestly.

But a few of you persisted with me and dragged me through. And it genuinely was just the love from here. I had nothing else.

You're all heroes for that. I hope I can offer someone something like you all did to me xxx

Good onya mate. So pleased things are looking up for you.  IVe no doubt your experience and words will also help others.

Keep fighting folks. Its not unlike football.  You win some lose some . But you gotta keep playing... even relegation to the  3rd division has some positives. 

Edit. Sorry if that sounds flippant. Just know there are a world of people who care.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

And speaking of which...I have no idea how to go about it, or what to do....but could we possibly do something for a charity like mind? Or a local hospital ward that helps people with issues? 

I'm just thinking it'd be good to give something back. And I know there's a lot of support on here.

When Prince Harry and Prince William talk about getting rid of the stigma around mental health, it's a good thing.

Just want to give something back.

I'm not prepared to do a marothon, especially dressed ad a gorilla!!!! 

But seriously, any fundraising ideas. I was in Berry wood hospital, near Northampton. 

Either for them or something more national, like I said, mind?

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Thought I'd check in on here and say hello. 

Although things can still be tough, it gets better.

I know some people don't feel like that, but scroll back 6 months to see how I was, I was in a bloody hospital. 

This thread kept me going at times. And it was literally just this thread, everyone rallied around.

There's some damn good people on here.

And whilst not fully cured (are you ever) it ain't as bleak as you think.

Anyone else going through it, hit me up in a PM. Might just be good to talk.

Lots of love to all of you that contribute. I seriously didn't think I'd get through this. Honestly.

But a few of you persisted with me and dragged me through. And it genuinely was just the love from here. I had nothing else.

You're all heroes for that. I hope I can offer someone something like you all did to me xxx

Chuffed for you, mate.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Good onya mate. So pleased things are looking up for you.  IVe no doubt your experience and words will also help others.

Keep fighting folks. Its not unlike football.  You win some lose some . But you gotta keep playing... even relegation to the  3rd division has some positives. 

Edit. Sorry if that sounds flippant. Just know there are a world of people who care.

Not flippant at all. Think I've had my Levein moment, Claudio is gonna take over soon lol

That's how you can compare it to football.

And at least I  know if Holloway comes anywhere near, I'll tell him to f**k off :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This post has made my day :)

I remember where you were not that long ago Tom, and we were all genuinely concerned for your welfare back then.

To hear how you've progressed is just fantastic, and I'm so happy for you mate.

Despite all the constant piss take and banter on FT, there are some great guys on this forum who really do care.

Stay strong, look after yourself, keep being grateful for all the good things in your life, and continue to spread the love.

Top man :thumbup:

Spot on @Izzy Muzzett

You're a top bloke and you already know what i think.

Honestly can't thank everyone here enough.

I might be back one day, but in the meantime, I want to be one of those helping. 

Like I said before,  much love to all of you with kind words.

It's a football forum at the end of the day, I half expected to be ripped apart.

ALL OF YOU, be proud 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Spot on @Izzy Muzzett

I might be back one day, but in the meantime, I want to be one of those helping. 

It's a football forum at the end of the day, I half expected to be ripped apart.

ALL OF YOU, be proud 

Good to hear mate. I remember how things were at Christmas for you and am glad that people were able to help you. I've said before that every single post either from a "sufferer" (current or former) or from someone giving advice is contributing the overall effect of this thread. If things do come full circle and you can then help someone else in a tough time, then this thread really will have been the most valuable combined effort ever to have come out of this forum (maybe greater even than Rachel threads or My Nephew is the Face of Kinder).

I've been following this thread like most of us (although I don't comment often) but would once again agree the Izzy is an absolute top top bloke. I love reading his posts! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

And speaking of which...I have no idea how to go about it, or what to do....but could we possibly do something for a charity like mind? Or a local hospital ward that helps people with issues? 

I'm just thinking it'd be good to give something back. And I know there's a lot of support on here.

When Prince Harry and Prince William talk about getting rid of the stigma around mental health, it's a good thing.

Just want to give something back.

I'm not prepared to do a marothon, especially dressed ad a gorilla!!!! 

But seriously, any fundraising ideas. I was in Berry wood hospital, near Northampton. 

Either for them or something more national, like I said, mind?

Great to hear you are doing better Tom. Regarding charity work, you can do absolutely allsorts mate. Go onto your charity of choices website and they will have organised events that you need to pay to enter or it will give you an idea but it is a great way to give yourself a purpose or something to look forward to.

I am in the process of arranging to do the Yorkshire Three Peaks. I have never done anything like it before but it will keep me focused and give me something to work towards while raising some cash for a good cause.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I've been following this thread like most of us (although I don't comment often) but would once again agree the Izzy is an absolute top top bloke. I love reading his posts! 

And you can take a bow too Stripey ....   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

He tells shit jokes, though.. lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Spot on @Izzy Muzzett

ALL OF YOU, be proud 

Izzy is a superb bloke. I'm proud to call him a pal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Izzy is a superb bloke. I'm proud to call him a pal.

Bless ya mate.

And you'll know exactly what I mean when I say you're one of the most robust, resilient, positive and strong people I know. A true fighter... :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bless ya mate.

And you'll know exactly what I mean when I say you're one of the most robust, resilient, positive and strong people I know. A true fighter... :thumbup:

Get a room.

• Like 2