Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha if she does we know what para is short for after she throws you down the stairs.

Shit... she's behind me!

It's been fun, guys. Hope to  be back soooooo......argh.... Eastenders theme...

Edited by Parafox

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Looking through the pics of some of these motors one could easily mistake this for a dogging thread 

My wife and I decided to sell all of our old dogging gear on e-bay.

No bids so far, but there are 15 watchers...

• Haha 4

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 20:45, Izzy Muzzett said:

My wife and I decided to sell all of our old dogging gear on e-bay.

No bids so far, but there are 15 watchers...

That sense-of-humour transplant is amazing Izzy.

Did you get it on the NHS or did you go private?

• Haha 1

Part exchanging my first car today and I'm actually a bit sad. It's a battered 2002 Corsa that cost me £675 2 and a half years ago but it's only broken down once and that cost £80 to fix. That said, it's on its arse now and will cost more than I paid for it originally to fix. Getting a 2012 Ford Fiesta which I'm looking forward to driving. 

Got a fantastic Evoque I am selling. 64 plate, full service history, five year service plan with only 10,500 miles on it. So basically another two years free servicing.

Not sure of the model off the top of my head, but top spec with a Television in it.

I am currently getting offers from garages etc, but will part with it privately for just £28,500.

One slightly scuffed alloy only. 

Just parted with my Range Rover Sport, that didn't bother me as it had done 50,000 miles, but this one feels virtually brand new still. The missus has just tootled around in it for 3 years.

Warranty until November. 

Edited by Rob1742

42 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Got a fantastic Evoque I am selling. 64 plate, full service history, five year service plan with only 10,500 miles on it. So basically another two years free servicing.

Not sure of the model off the top of my head, but top spec with a Television in it.

I am currently getting offers from garages etc, but will part with it privately for just £28,500.

Just parted with my Range Rover Sport, that didn't bother me as it had done 50,000 miles, but this one feels virtually brand new still. The missus has just tootled around in it for 3 years.

Warranty until November. 

What did you swap the Sport for ..  ?

12 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Warranty until November. 

Keep it?

19 hours ago, Worthington said:

Bit 'off topic' but, as I said earlier, have been looking for a temp/perm 2nd car.

Finally settled on a little 1.4 that's in ridiculously good condition for it's years. Has history and paperwork galore...even fuel receipts !!

All good ..... then started the insurance search... !

Got quoted £226 pa for us both to drive. Not bad, but that's nigh on 30 quid more than the Jag on the same terms..

Thought I'd try 'juggling', to get a few bob knocked off. Started by offering to fit a dashcam...quote rose to £268!

Next, got quoted for me only to drive, (£266)...then went the whole hog and asked for a TPFT quote...(£281) !!

Raising the voluntary excess DID reduce the premium, (by a startling £1.15 pa)...!!!

How do these cowboys calculate their premiums ??

Always phone them mate. Never accept an online quote. Just haggle. It's ridiculous what they'll knock off, just by 'speaking with their manager'.

• Like 1

Alright chaps, had an accident the other day and my bumper/driver side light are a bit busted up. Phoned insurance and all that but my issue is that my insurance renewal is October the 2nd and I'm unsure as to how to proceed with it because presumably it won't be sorted by then.

I've got a guy coming to look at it on Tuesday so will know more then and hopefully have a figure to put into the box when getting a quote but just wondered if anyone had anything like this before and how they dealt with it? It always happens at the worst time doesn't it!

I get a courtesy car but if my insurance hasn't been renewed by the 2nd Oct surely I can't use it after then? I'm a bit confused.

Edited by Ozwin

5 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Alright chaps, had an accident the other day and my bumper/driver side light are a bit busted up. Phoned insurance and all that but my issue is that my insurance renewal is October the 2nd and I'm unsure as to how to proceed with it because presumably it won't be sorted by then.

I've got a guy coming to look at it on Tuesday so will know more then and hopefully have a figure to put into the box when getting a quote but just wondered if anyone had anything like this before and how they dealt with it? It always happens at the worst time doesn't it!

I get a courtesy car but if my insurance hasn't been renewed by the 2nd Oct surely I can't use it after then? I'm a bit confused.

Depending on cost I would try and repair it without going through your insurance. 

7 hours ago, Ozwin said:

The main problem if you have phoned your insurance company and told them regardless of whether you have claimed they will mark it on the policy, had this before the cnuts.

Trying to get a Golf GTI to test drive, my work does a lease scheme and you can do a 3 day test drive. I have two pretty big dogs, any experiences with the boot size?