Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

International Champions Cup

Like Cnut, I sit in the sea of brands telling the waves lapping at my feet to fúck off.

The entire notion of building markets abroad is bullshit for one simple reason - football clubs are for local fans. If you weren't born here or your parents weren't born here then you picked the club for some nebulous reason...and that's not how football works. But before the caterwauling begins, I know I'm an anachronism and I'm sure your personal choice to support the team following a great stag do in 1996 is valid. But.

Like my desire to see the Big 4 collapse, the Sky TV deal to evaporate and the Prem to once more become the 1st Division - brand building pre-season competitions can suck my micropenis.

Of course I'll watch it on an illegal stream. I'll watch it because I love the club and I'm a massive hypocrite about almost everything I have an opinion on. But, one final time, anybody using the word "brand" in connection with the team needs to take their marketing department bullshit and shove it somewhere painful.

Brand? Fúck off.

If there is any room left can they stick the word

SOCCER in the same orifice.

We'll give it right back to you--the folks that invented the word--that is, if you can fit it, considering you'd have to have a big stick up your ass in order to get upset about such a petty matter.

Sounds like this tournement finishes a few days before the charity shield. we could be cream crackered before we've kicked a ball in anger!

I'd imagine this would be a good time to test out the new transfers and young guns like demarii gray and Ben chilwell (should he remain.)

I think with the added competitions abroad well be spending money to bring in quality depth.

Don't be a dick

Gotta keep telling myself these are meaningless friendlies. Just keep telling myself that so I don't end up buying a ticket to California for PSG or for the Barca game. I'll gladly wake up at 3am to watch the match on TV but if I tell myself enough I'll realise the money is best towards the UCL away games!  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Meh. Personally rather keep our feet firmly planted on the ground with a normal tried and tested pre-season. Our fitness levels are immense this season which preseason last year has a lot to do with. Ofcourse its great for the club etc but I wouldn't be arsed if we hadn't been invited. Save playing the big boys for the CL.

Celtic Vs Barcelona is reported to be at the AVIVA in Dublin. With our fixture 3 days later against Barca surely it will either be in Spain or at the KP? 

It happened last season, even the "North America" fixtures had some hosted in Europe :)

Small club mentally...!

IF we have been invited and it suits our preseason, of course we should go ?

No brainier .

If that pr*ck hadn't of made his comments would people be so against it?

Nope. That's my sole reason for not being a fan of it. It's hypocrisy.

Celtic Vs Barcelona is reported to be at the AVIVA in Dublin. With our fixture 3 days later against Barca surely it will either be in Spain or at the KP? 

It happened last season, even the "North America" fixtures had some hosted in Europe :)

That would make sense. The Community Shield, if we were to be in it, would be on the 7 August (I think) so it's logical to have the friendly in Leics/Europe somewhere as we have the comm shield just four days later.

You'd have thought it would be a neutral venue?

Most likely... the idea of the tournament is to reach fans in different venues, hence Barca playing Celtic in Dublin. However Fiorentina Vs Barca was in Florence and Chelsea Vs Fiorentina was at Stamford Bridge last year.

Would also expect the addition of a fixture against an MLS side in there as the North America leg is always 4 games.

I read we'd play Celtic in Dublin.

Annoying as I'd be all over that but I just can't bring myself to hand money to something Charlie "Leicester aren't needed in the CL even though I'm literally a US sports executive" Stillitano initiated.

Archived